View Full Version : Tacky joke from 'comedian'

Dave Cook
07-26-2010, 07:16 AM
Interesting quote from comedian Gabe Kea (son of former NHLer Ed Kea) a few weeks ago regarding the Thunder....

"NBA players have shown us their league can only support 4 - 5 franchises.. every other city is just filler... sorry Oklahoma City, i know you felt like an actual city there for a minute, but Kevin Durant will be leaving eventually."

Kind of funny coming from a guy originally from St Louis and living in Cincinnati....neither team home to an NBA franchise.

Gabe Kea Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/gabe.kea#!/gabe.kea?v=wall)

Dustin
07-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Comedian? Thats not even remotely funny..

StormFan93
07-26-2010, 01:59 PM
You can't let this stuff get to you. It makes it seem like you have a chip on your shoulder. You're a newcomer on the major league seen, take your lump, and move on.

Of Sound Mind
07-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Newcomer to the major league scene or not, it was still an ignorant comment by the "comedian."

StormFan93
07-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Newcomer to the major league scene or not, it was still an ignorant comment by the "comedian."

It wasn't even a knock at the city, it was take on how all the NBA's superstars seem to be teaming up. It was a joke, get over it.

dmoor82
07-26-2010, 04:09 PM
^^ Agreed,I knew when OKC got The Sonics,that stuff like this would be said and for The most part it's kinda funny,and really I thought OKC would have been The butt of alot of jokes but it's been kinda quite!

Easy180
07-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Seems reasonable and almost all superstars will do whatever it takes to win at least one champeenship...Beyond happy with getting to see a top 5 player play this small market for 9 yrs

Laramie
07-27-2010, 07:16 AM
You can't let this stuff get to you. It makes it seem like you have a chip on your shoulder. You're a newcomer on the major league seen, take your lump, and move on.

StormFan93:

You have got to realize that OKC is new to this big league stuff.

We are a break-through city going thru the initiation channels of becoming a real big league city (still 7-10 years away); so there are going to be those of us who are a bit sensitive when remarks are made about our town--including myself.

Sometimes it takes someone who if far removed from out situation to recognize the real meaning of a joke!

:bright_id Thanks for recognizing this without any put-downs...

jstaylor62
07-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Interesting quote from comedian Gabe Kea (son of former NHLer Ed Kea) a few weeks ago regarding the Thunder....

"NBA players have shown us their league can only support 4 - 5 franchises.. every other city is just filler... sorry Oklahoma City, i know you felt like an actual city there for a minute, but Kevin Durant will be leaving eventually."

Kind of funny coming from a guy originally from St Louis and living in Cincinnati....neither team home to an NBA franchise.

Gabe Kea Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/gabe.kea#!/gabe.kea?v=wall)

This guy must try to suppliment his foodstamps by doing standup...

TaoMaas
07-27-2010, 09:28 AM
This guy must try to suppliment his foodstamps by doing standup...

That's kinda what I was thinking..."Sorry, Gabe. I know you thought you were a comedian there for a minute, but you can't live off your dad's name forever."

Mr. T in OKC
07-31-2010, 11:42 AM
I not offended that the joke was about okc. I'm offended that the joke was not funny whatsoever.

krisb
07-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Because Sacramento is the thriving metropolis that it is.

TaoMaas
08-02-2010, 10:59 AM
The only real response to this joke is, "Don't quit your day job".

Laramie
08-02-2010, 11:03 AM
The only real response to this joke is, "Don't quit your day job".

Amen!

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Really, all I have to say to those who are truly offended by this joke is the following...

syV2LkGpQB0

fuzzytoad
08-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Really, all I have to say to those who are truly offended by this joke is the following...

Agreed..

Too many people in this city are over-sensitive about *anything* said about it, positive or negative..

Also, from Gabe Kea's facebook: "Mike Cody You know what's really sad? If they hadn't attacked you on their message board I would have never known that Oklahoma City even had an NBA team. Now quit living off your father's food stamps or whatever it was they said about you!"

:LolLolLol