View Full Version : VA OKs Medical MJ

skyrick
07-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I can't believe you missed this, Bunty.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/24/health/policy/24veterans.html?th&emc=th

Bunty
07-25-2010, 09:27 PM
OK, that's super great. I would suggest that Oklahoma veterans who found medical marijuana works best for their health problems contact their Okahoma legislators to ask their support for legalizing medical marijuana in Oklahoma.

mugofbeer
07-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Bunty, FYI, I had the pleasure of eating at a wonderful restaurant that was near a medical pot dispensary on S. Broadway near downtown Denver. While sitting on the patio having some drinks, my wife and I watched the folks going in and out of it and I would wager than virtually no one who went in and came out had any sort of medical need for it. Every single person was between 20 and 30ish, most were in black concert garb and were clearly on their ways to the various music festival venues in the area. Medical pot "a la CO" and it's NORML-based laws is a total and complete sham. If the state or if hospitals dispense it then great. Oh, by the way, the local alternate newspaper had an article talking about how the prices of pot haven't significantly changed and drug busts stats haven't significantly changed either. I personally witnessed 2 near my office this past week.

Bunty
07-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Well, if young people buying pot concerns you so much, then why don't you get a video camera and see if they're smoking it and driving at the same time? Most of all, watch if they're driving all over the dang road. Warning before you do: Medical marijuana patient Irvin Rosenfeld in Florida has been caught on camera smoking pot and driving at the same time, but I'm not aware of the cops harassing him about it.

Further, if possible serious long time health consequences from using marijuana concern you so much, then Irvin Rosenfeld has been medically examined with no serious health effects found in him after smoking up to 300 joints a month for years.

I don't see much need for the government to get heavily involved in the medical marijuana business, such as by state owned clinics, since it allows privately owned drug stores to sell narcotics and other drugs more dangerous than marijuana.

By the way, funny you should have such a special concern over people buying a drug legally while you were legally consuming one--alcohol.

mugofbeer
07-25-2010, 10:17 PM
You are so funny! You really think thats my biggest beef about it? I am fully aware of what it does and very possibly have smoked more of it in my life than you have which is the basis for my feelings. My entire point is not to cheer the approval of medical pot, which I am in theory OK with. Its the silly notion that using NORML-based legislation medical pot is nothing more than OK's liquor-by-the-drink of the 1970's & early 80's when restaurants routinely thumbed their noses at the laws. If people want to legalize pot then legalize it but hiding behind medical pot is, in many places, just a sham - and so far, at least here in CO, it isn't doing any of the things you said it would such as reducing drug prices, drug busts or street dealing.

And by the way, I couldn't care less about Irvin Rosenfeld in FLA or Joe the Plumber in Ohio. Individuals brought out like that are nothing more than political pawns.

By the way, aspirin is a drug, too. So is caffeine. Chocolate has some theraputic benefits, too. The difference is that pot is illegal (unless you have a license while alcohol is legal in all 50 states). Like it or not, thats the way it is. You want legalized pot, legalize it. Don't hide behind your drummed-up empathy for all those sick and all those experiencing pain when you simply feel it should be legalized.

The entire subject is so flipping laughable. If medical pot can help some folks then let them have it but dispense it from responsible regulated state or pharmacy locations. If you favor it any other way you're just putting a veil on the fact you want pot openly legalized.

ronronnie1
07-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Legalize pot now! There, I said it.

Bunty
07-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Legalize pot now! There, I said it.

lol, If only an elected politician would say such a thing, especially in Oklahoma. But such supposedly highly educated people as former OSU President James Hallagan and now State Senator can't even see having legalized medical marijuana.

skyrick
07-26-2010, 05:09 AM
Bunty, FYI, I had the pleasure of eating at a wonderful restaurant that was near a medical pot dispensary on S. Broadway near downtown Denver.

So having the pot dispensary near a wonderful restaurant hasn't hurt their business? So much for the "there goes the neighborhood" argument some people espouse.

Bunty
07-26-2010, 11:13 AM
If it's true using pot stimulates the appetite then maybe business is up at the restaurant.