View Full Version : Good playgrounds

hunnybunny10789
07-13-2010, 02:12 PM
So this is my first post I have been lingering in the background for a while watching the threads.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone can give me any pointers or tips on where any good playgrounds are in the OKC area. We live farther north near Bethany if that is and help for pointing out any good playgrounds/parks.

You help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

clz46
07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Have you tried the playground at Lake Overholser? It's been awhile since I've been but it's a really wonderful playground. Just little trees right now and the wind coming from the lake can be a bit much but kiddos don't seem to mind.

Spartan
07-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Best one I've seen is in the median of Drexel Blvd, just across May from the old Miller neighborhood. That one is always packed full of kids and parents, and it's very open to the rest of the neighborhood..cool environment. Probably a great asset for families that live on Drexel between 23rd and 10th.

hunnybunny10789
07-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Best one I've seen is in the median of Drexel Blvd, just across May from the old Miller neighborhood. That one is always packed full of kids and parents, and it's very open to the rest of the neighborhood..cool environment. Probably a great asset for families that live on Drexel between 23rd and 10th.

Drexel road! That is the park we passed one day and I told myself to NOT forget the roads so we could go back there. That park did look very clean and nice.

Thanks to clz46 as well for the input!

OSUPokeFan
01-13-2011, 12:28 PM
There is a park in Bethany on NW 50th, between Rockwell and MacArthur that looks like it recently got some new playground equipment. Ripper Park in Bethany was the park I grew up in (my grandparents live across the street) and now my son enjoys playing there. Eldon Lyon is also ok too.

My son likes Harvest Hills Park, on NW 104th just west of Council. It also has a splash pad so perfect for those hot summers. Also, the park on the east side of Lake Hefner is great, as is Route 66 park on the west side of Lake Overholser.

rcjunkie
01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
By far, the best playground in OKC is at Southlakes Park, SW 119th and Meridian. (1/2 mile W. of I-44 on SW 119th)

krisb
01-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I think Spartan is talking about Reed Park on NW 12th and May. Other good ones in the area are Denniston Park (NW 27th and Drexel), Will Rogers Park (NW 32nd and Portland), Lela Park (NW 19th and MacArthur). Route 66 Park on the west side of Lake Overholser has a pretty large playground and some attractive wetland areas for the kids to explore.

betts
01-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Great playground at Kite Park in Nichols Hills. It's at the intersection of Huntington and Camden.