View Full Version : Fried Chicken in Yukon

sgordon77
07-10-2010, 03:59 PM
A friend mentioned that there is a new fried chicken place in Yukon that is comparable to Eischens. I'm a little cynical of that. All he said was that it is in Yukon in a building that used to be a biker bar. Does anyone know where it is or the name? Has anyone tried it?

OKCDrummer77
07-10-2010, 04:46 PM
That would be Chubby's Chicken & Grill, 400 E. Main (just east of Ranchwood). I have been there a couple of times. IMO, they are similar to Eischen's, but not quite there. The breading on the chicken is thicker, but still good. The pickle-and-onion basket has only regular dill slices (no bread-and-butter slices like Eischen's). They have fried pickles (which I don't think Eischen's does) that are very good. Among the items I've tried, the only thing I didn't care for was the potato salad. It was a little bland for my taste.

Overall, it's probably as close as you're going to get to Eischen's without actually going there, and you don't have to fight for a table.

tmykel26
07-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I agree. I live in Yukon and was a little sceptical about it, but it is fine. The menu is a bit limited, but if you like Eischen's, this place will do. It has ample seating and (like the above post) the fried pickles are worth a try. The cole slaw is good, but the potatoe salad is lacking.