View Full Version : Devon WRWA Meeting/Facility

SkyWestOKC
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Is there any update on this? I haven't been up that way on Airport Rd. in a while, does anyone know how the Devon Facility is coming along? Is it under construction, already completed, etc.?

Matt

Spartan
07-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Well, it was supposed to be an auxiliary data center. I believe it's still on because the 4 floors they cut from the Tower were for data storage. Don't you work at the airport? (For some reason I thought I saw it had broken ground a long time ago but that is most likely incorrect.)

Pete
07-08-2010, 06:44 PM
They expanded their data center on the NE corner of Meridian and Airport Rd at the end of 2009.

I believe they also talked about a training facility in the same general area but that may have been consolidated into the tower/podium/auditorium.

bombermwc
07-09-2010, 07:08 AM
It's been finished for quite some time. I drive by it every day on the way to my office. It's rather staggering too. We recently added a good size generator to our building and when I saw that the Devon facility has 3 that are 3 times the size of ours, I just had to laugh. We added an extra gas tank on our....Devon added a full tower for their tank. If you are on Meridian, you can see the generator housing on the west side of the building. It has 3 "vents"...one over each generator. These are hurricane vents. The facility is supposed to be able to sustain a direct F5 hit as well. They've got cable barrier fencing around the traffic sides.

I want to walk around inside this facility sooooo bad. Being a network guy, it just makes me drool to see what's in there.

In comparison, the FAA out at the MMAC has a data center that is quite large as well. I believe it's about the size of an entire floor of my office building. It's pretty staggering to walk around in there as well. Especially because they have an 18" raise floor instead of the standard 12". The guy that maintains the room is uber clean with it too...he's got cable track attached under the tiles everywhere...it's kinda like an anal organizer's (like myself) dream. They have overhead cooling there, so you get those hurricane tunnels, not a big fan of that...messed my hair up...hahaha.

MadMonk
07-09-2010, 09:01 AM
LOL, overhead cooling isn't fun to work under, but at least you don't have cold air blowing up your trousers!

Pete
07-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Here is a link to the data center expansion through the contractor, Holder:

http://www.holderconstruction.com/projects/Pages/Devon-Energy-Data-Center.aspx

http://www.holderconstruction.com/projects/PublishingImages/Project%20Main/devon_data_proj_mainB.jpg

okcmomentum
07-15-2010, 09:16 AM
They didn't expand their data center, they built an entire new one. The building next to the new data center pictured above is their records facility/AWL. All the details/specs of the data center are in the link Pete posted above. I can speak from first hand experience that it is an amazing facility. Top notch for sure.