View Full Version : Double Decker bus tour of OKC with catered meal

BBatesokc
07-08-2010, 06:28 AM
I didn't even know this existed until I was notified of the deal of the day (http://wimgodeals.wimgo.com/?_s_icmp=wmgodeal).

London style double decker bus tours in OKC (http://www.londonlimo.us/).

Anyone ever done this? Doesn't really appeal to me, but might be fun with out of town guests.

Doug Loudenback
07-08-2010, 06:34 AM
News to me. I thought their ads (after the 1st page) were pretty cool.

Martin
07-08-2010, 06:39 AM
would one of those things have clearance under an okc traffic light? -M

Kerry
07-08-2010, 06:40 AM
I love it!!!

metro
07-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Yeah they've been around for a few years, just never promote themselves very well. Glad you brought this back up, totally forgot almost but i was actually thinking the other day it'd be cool if we could get a double decker tour bus company downtown to tour downtown and the inner city districts.

FritterGirl
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I saw that driving around OKC the other day, and remember how shocked I was when I first saw it. Had never seen it before. I agree, it needs to promote itself more. Could be a fun ride.

HOT ROD
07-08-2010, 11:04 PM
definitely about time OKC has these types of downtown/inner city cultural tour buses

ljbab728
07-08-2010, 11:35 PM
would one of those things have clearance under an okc traffic light? -M

A double decker isn't as tall as most semis and will easily fit under traffic lights.

PennyQuilts
07-09-2010, 06:24 AM
I am not making fun of it - kudos - but it still reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer was giving tours and driving the bus.

OUman
07-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Wow, interesting, pretty neat Oklahoma City has double-deck bus tours now.

Thunder
07-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I will only reserve when PennyQuilts is the host! She gotta sing, dance, and all that!

Bunty
07-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Now surely we don't want to run off the out of town tourists.

AAC2005
07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
I wish I'd known about this a couple of weeks ago (but with all the rain we had July 4th weekend, it would have been a moot point, anyway).

They need to fix that HUGE typo on the front page of their website...it's "Dining", not "Dinning"...dinning music does not a comfortable evening make, and tends to keep people away in droves.

kevinpate
07-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Having never used their service, maybe they have it right and are just giving fair notice?

rondvu
07-12-2010, 05:23 PM
This sounds fun, I am going to have to do this in the near future.

BBatesokc
07-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Hmmmm. Saw a promo on Ch4 this morning for an 'in your corner piece' that looks to be targeting the owner of these double decker buses. I think it airs at 6pm tonight.

Laramie
07-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Sounds great!

Just as long as this isn't one of those road kill double-decker bus roachcoaches that you see all over town in stragetc places.

I realize that people have to make a living, but does anyone know where the meals of these double-decker buses are being prepared or do they hit a popular restaurant scene?

BBatesokc
07-13-2010, 03:03 PM
They are 'catered' by local Bricktown Restaurants.

kevinpate
07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm. Saw a promo on Ch4 this morning for an 'in your corner piece' that looks to be targeting the owner of these double decker buses. I think it airs at 6pm tonight.

Got busy with fam and missed it. Did anyone happen to catch it?

BBatesokc
07-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Just saw a promo ~ it's on at 10pm.

ljbab728
07-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I watched it. I was an "IN YOUR CORNER" segment with some people who were unhappy with the business. It basically sounded like the business did have some issues but the spokesperson was very forthcoming and sounded sincere in wanting to take care of any problems.

Spartan
07-14-2010, 12:05 AM
The guy actually seemed like the nicest business owner they've ever had on that segment.

jbrown84
07-15-2010, 01:36 PM
There's also a company doing Segway tours. In true Okie fashion, it's called Sure Beats Walkin'. Eyeroll.

Steve
07-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Another In Your Corner tonight. The guy is accused of writing hot checks to upset customers, employees, vendors.... state questions whether he's licensed.... buyer beware with London Limo and the double decker buses. This is why I waited on covering this... wanted to see if this guy is legit.

BBatesokc
07-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Another In Your Corner tonight. The guy is accused of writing hot checks to upset customers, employees, vendors.... state questions whether he's licensed.... buyer beware with London Limo and the double decker buses. This is why I waited on covering this... wanted to see if this guy is legit.

Surprised nobody asked the owner "what about the 67 people who bought bus tour dinner deals via Wimgo? Do they get their money back?"

Steve
07-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Brian, not even sure where you're going with that one. Have nice night though....

BBatesokc
07-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Brian, not even sure where you're going with that one. Have nice night though....

You lost me Steve. The limo owner said he was shutting things down for now. Just a few days ago 67 people bought package deals on Wimgo for his service. It stands to reason that someone should inquire as to whether or not the limo company is going to honor these coupons or refund the cost. Where did you think I was going with that?

Laramie
07-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Obviously this guy needs some financial help.

Any investors out there?

He appears on the surface to have a good business backgroud; however, he is over his head in that he doesn't have the necessary capital to stay afloat until he can get established--living on future (unfulfilled) contracts to get him from one day to the next. This kind of thing catches up with initial business establishments--they get fined and then you know the rest...

BBatesokc
07-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Obviously this guy needs some financial help.

Any investors out there?

He appears on the surface to have a good business backgroud; however, he is over his head in that he doesn't have the necessary capital to stay afloat until he can get established--living on future (unfulfilled) contracts to get him from one day to the next. This kind of thing catches up with initial business establishments--they get fined and then you know the rest...

I guess I missed the part where they gave his credentials on his "good business background." the fact he doesn't have the required licenses to operate his business and hasn't followed through with his promises has nothing to do with capital and goes directly to his character and business ethics. Any investor with this guy would surely regret it.

Laramie
07-21-2010, 11:44 AM
I guess I missed the part where they gave his credentials on his "good business background." the fact he doesn't have the required licenses to operate his business and hasn't followed through with his promises has nothing to do with capital and goes directly to his character and business ethics. Any investor with this guy would surely regret it.

Thank you my good teacher (bartending/mixology); just trying to say something positive.

So, you're not at Cimaron anymore?

Keep up the good work Brian, how is your family (wife/son) doing?

I haven't seen you since we stood on the Central/Byers Ave Bridge during the first major boating/rowing event. Remember me? I'm also the darkest thing in the last good class in which you were the instructor.

:congrats:
Maintain those good values and hang in there; it's not about the money!

BBatesokc
07-21-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm all for positive, as long as its balanced with reality. I'd hate to see someone with good intentions lose money with someone who doesn't have their best interests (or the customers') at heart.

I don't know what it is, but are always stories like this dealing with limo companies and part buses where their only real job is customer service and they continue to fail at is miserably.

Yeah, I remember you! I still have that class photo. I haven't been at Cimarron in many years. Terrance sold the schools a long time ago.

Catawampus
09-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Wimgo would be responsible for refunding the money. It works like Groupon. I'm sure the charity was not aware either.

A dishonest business is still a dishonest business and it's too bad the Oklahoma Corporation Commission is the resposibile agency for Party Buses... it means you have no protection at all.