View Full Version : Big thanks to pete!

mugofbeer
07-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I, for one, would like to take this opportunity to thank Pete for the cost, time and trouble of maintaining this site. Its a fun place to banter and most people on here are good, civil people, even when disagreeing. Thanks again!

dmoor82
07-06-2010, 12:04 PM
^^ No Doubt! Pete ThankYou!This site is The first site I visit everytime I get on The computer,It's my favorite!

rondvu
07-06-2010, 02:14 PM
:yourock: I totaly agree, we all owe a lot to Pete. He is truly an OKCTALK unsung hero.

OKCisOK4me
07-06-2010, 02:15 PM
I went out of town this weekend and it was nice to be able to come back to work and get online on this site. I still had the skyline live cam but there wasn't any action on the Devon Tower site anyway, being that it was the 4th. Thanks again Pete and please tell me where and or how I can donate to you--I'm serious...

PS, I see it under profile settings. I'm considering the Gold Standard. It's the least I can do...

OKCMallen
07-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks Pete! :kicking:

Midtowner
07-06-2010, 02:56 PM
If y'all are really thankful, you'll subscribe :LolLolLol

mugofbeer
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
explain?

OKCisOK4me
07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
If y'all are really thankful, you'll subscribe :LolLolLol

Yeah, Kevin, I got it, how come you're not platinum you big timer...haha

SoonerQueen
07-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks to everyone that fixed the site so that we can post again. I missed posting here. I hope all is well with everyone.

soonerguru
07-06-2010, 06:37 PM
I echo the posts above. For the most part, Pete's job is a thankless one. He's clearly passionate about seeing his old hometown improve.

The fact he owns this site is in a way perfect. As someone who cares deeply about our city -- but lives elsewhere -- Pete can offer a somewhat more objective view of our hometown. And, even better perhaps, he can poke the eyes of the powerful in this town when necessary without having to deal with much personal blowback.

Thanks for what you do. I was depressed when my bookmark wasn't working, then elated when I found the new and improved site.

Great job!

Steve
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Sooner, you've got a great point. And it looks like this scare has some folks offering to pitch in a few dollars from time to time, which isn't a bad idea either.

Dustin
07-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Thank you Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BDP
07-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks for keeping this place going!

And everyone has learned to use Firefox now!

CO-To-OKC
07-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I've only been participating in this forum for about a month, and I'm really enjoying it so far! Thanks a lot, Pete.

Spartan
07-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I hate to say this, but the forum looks even better than it did before the meltdown. I feel for the people who's computer crashed, and I'm just glad my problems weren't too bad. I think this sort of puts the OKC Talk experience in perspective.. we love to roll our eyes at the site when we're not plugging away writing snarky replies about SandRidge or whatever, but the reality is that it is a very useful resource for our city and without it, we're missing something great. Hopefully we take our appreciation for OKC Talk in perspective and make our debates more civil from now on.

Nah, who am I kidding..I love a good mud slinging forum argument.

workman45
07-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Just proves that you don't know how much you enjoy something till it's gone. Thanks much Pete!