View Full Version : Transfer from Phone to Comp

Thunder
07-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I have the Samsung Exclaim with Sprint and I am needing help with the media transfer. Specifically, the videos. Uploading them is not an option, because the quality is chopped badly. Everything is stored on the microSD and I dunno where the adaptor for it. Then again, I have no such port/slot for it on my comp.

At Walmart, they have a couple of machines and only one accept the tiniest microSD. I went ahead to place mine in there and to upload everything. It shown pictures and videos (a text at bottom of screen saying that) and I went ahead to save them all to a disc. Total price is about 3 bux.

When I got home to load the disc into the comp, I was very surprised that it only have the pictures....no videos. You can imagine how furious this made me! So, what can I do to transfer my videos? I looked everywhere and do not see anything that I can transfer thru USB port. I dunno what to do now. :-( I got 20 minutes video of the firework show in Bricktown that I want to transfer.

Kerry
07-06-2010, 05:44 AM
Thunder, you can buy a microSD to SD converter for just a few dollars. It will let you take your microSD card and use it in any device that uses SD cards. Or for around $30 or less you can buy a multicard reader that connects to your computer via USB. Just make sure you get one that reads microSD. You might also want to consider saving your phones Contacts to Sprints remote backup. There are instructions on how to do it on the Sprint website. That way if you lose your phone you don't lose your contact info.

Here are some examples:

MicroSD Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/B000QDRQXU/travelight-20

Multicard Readers
http://store.lexar.com/?category=22&subcategory=8&productid=LRW024URBNA

Thunder
07-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks Kerry, I like that Multicard Readers!

BBatesokc
07-07-2010, 08:30 AM
The micro to standard SD adapter is the way to go. You might also look into the app WaveSecure. It allows you to backup all the media, texts and call logs to their website. Best of all, you can go online and locate your phone anywhere. When I got it for my Android powered Samsung Moment with Sprint it was free.