View Full Version : First!

Steve
07-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Seeing how thrilling it is for folks to do this at NewsOK, I've always wondered how this would become a life changing experience for me to do as well. And seeing as there was an opportunity to be the first to post a new thread "post OKC Talk apocolypse," I jumped at the chance.
Sadly, I'm not noticing any new greatness to my life with this posting. Maybe if I wait a few minutes....
(PETE, THANKS SO MUCH FOR GOING THROUGH THE PAIN OF KEEPING THIS SITE ALIVE!):woowoo:

Filifan
07-05-2010, 02:04 PM
(PETE, THANKS SO MUCH FOR GOING THROUGH THE PAIN OF KEEPING THIS SITE ALIVE!)

x's 2

dmoor82
07-05-2010, 02:14 PM
^^ditto,Thanx!

PennyQuilts
07-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Count me in, too. Thanks, Pete!

gen70
07-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Same..Same..here too.

Doug Loudenback
07-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Me, too!

workman45
07-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Me, three!

Kerry
07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Seeing how thrilling it is for folks to do this at NewsOK, I've always wondered how this would become a life changing experience for me to do as well. And seeing as there was an opportunity to be the first to post a new thread "post OKC Talk apocolypse," I jumped at the chance.
Sadly, I'm not noticing any new greatness to my life with this posting. Maybe if I wait a few minutes....
(PETE, THANKS SO MUCH FOR GOING THROUGH THE PAIN OF KEEPING THIS SITE ALIVE!):woowoo:

Maybe that is because you weren't the first, I was. I posted a new thread in the Politics section 19 minutes before you. Since then I have won 2 state lottery jackpots, found a gold coin in the yard, and learned that my nemesis in high school is a down and out California real-estate agent.

BTW – thanks Pete.

Pete
07-05-2010, 04:44 PM
I really appreciate your patience throughout all this... Believe me, our problems and down time was not due to lack of effort or trying to spare expense.

Because the new version of vBulletin is so different, this turned into not so much an upgrade but a complete conversion. So, we have lots of things to clean up, such as the graphics, page numbering, getting the webcam feeding correctly again, getting the browser warnings removed, etc.

The irony is that it wasn't vBulletin that caused this mess... It was an add-in that is now disabled. A hole in that add-in allowed hackers to redirect requests to a site that had the virus.

I decided to go ahead and go through the painful conversion anyway, since it would need to be done eventually. We had to undo lots of little snags around the original install of this site which is why it took so long. Plus, this site has tons of data to convert.

Anyway, the worst is behind us and I've learned a lot in the process. Should make it easier to finally do some enhancements I've been working on for a while.

okcpulse
07-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I know all to well the painful process of data conversions. My new website is slowly coming together. I ran into a snag with uploading new data. I had to write a work-around for the solution. It takes effort!

Thunder
07-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Can you give us a preview of a theme you will decide on?