View Full Version : Ton't Taze my Granny!

Midtowner
06-25-2010, 02:07 PM
(CN) - Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court.

Courthouse News Service (http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/06/24/28330.htm)

Wow... just wow. I have several cases in Canadian County (where this happened) and have heard some stuff about the police force out there, but it sounds like those guys need to clean house.

kevinpate
06-25-2010, 02:38 PM
sounds like somebody will be receiving a nice check when it is all said and done

MGE1977
06-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, its easy for somebody to sit back and armchair quarter back this thing, but until you are face to face with a bluehair with an attitude and her teeth in, you really can't say for sure.

Easy180
06-25-2010, 06:56 PM
I guess we now know what happens to the inventory after meth busts

oneforone
06-27-2010, 06:28 AM
This story is hilarious. I don't who is telling the bigger batch of lies. The grandmother or the police.

Bottomline, Tasers should only be used on people that are significant threats. They should never be used on anyone who is weak or feable.

Double Edge
06-27-2010, 04:51 PM
The local TeeVee news report is that the grandson called to report she was threatening suicide. When the cops arrived she pulled a knife on them and threatened to kill them.

Who knows what really happened.

Tazer seems like a really bad idea on an old person. Pepper spray on a woman using oxygen sounds equally sketchy. Tranquilizer dart? Net? Set the dogs on her? Poke her with a stop stick? I dunno.

rcjunkie
06-27-2010, 05:10 PM
If the police had done nothing and she followed through with killing herself, the family would be suing over that. Until your in that position, you can't say for 100% certain how you would react.