View Full Version : Best place to rent movies in Norman?

triumphrider74
06-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Any recommendations other than Blockbuster and RedBox?

I used to use Netflix until someone stole my identity from my account there.

rcjunkie
06-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Any recommendations other than Blockbuster and RedBox?

I used to use Netflix until someone stole my identity from my account there.

Hastings on W. Main

MikeLucky
06-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Eastside I like the new Family Video on Constitution/Classen/12th intersection. The first month you sign up you get 50% off all rentals. And it seems like everytime I rent movies there they tell me I get a free rental from the cheaper area of the store... I seem to always walk out of there with 4 or 5 movies and spend about $5. lol

And you don't have to give them a CC to start an account. Just a phone number that they call and verify as yours right there while you are signing up. If you give them your cell number they call it and just need to hear it ringing to verify your account.

G.Walker
06-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Hastings

truckerswife73071
06-24-2010, 10:24 AM
I use the Redbox :)

triumphrider74
06-24-2010, 12:11 PM
How is the BluRay selection at Hasting and/or Family Video?

G.Walker
06-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Massive at Hastings...

Hammondjam
08-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm in central Norman but west of the tracks. When I want to rent, I go to Hastings. Great selection and I've never had any problem exchanging a disc if it's damaged. Good selection of used blu-ray movies too although they're kinda pricey compared to sites like Amazon. Lots of other stuff to browse at Hastings once you find the flick you want.

kevinpate
08-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Rarely ever rent a flick, but when it happens, it's usually redbox or a bb kiosk, as both are closeby

z28james
08-28-2010, 06:36 PM
I would use Hastings, mostly because is fun to visit when you are board and they have a decent selection. The only issue I have ever had from them is sometimes the DVD's are really scratched from other people who have rented them, but that can happen everywhere. I also hear family video is really cheap.

Ezrablum
08-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Have you tried the Library for checking out DVDs? They've actually got a decent selection of movies including some great Classics which are some of my favorite to watch. Best of all? It's FREE! :)

Also, it's a shame you've had a bit of bad luck with Netflix. I've never heard of that happeneing before. I LOVE Netflix. I switched to them back in 2004 because I wasn't getting the more obscure selection that I wanted from any other rental place in Oklahoma. I wanted to watch a lot of Goddard and Kurosawa films, as well as Indie flicks and art films. Hastings does have a decent selection for the average movie viewer I suppose, but Netflix helps people take their Cinema explorations to a whole new level (in Oklahoma). I love it.

triumphrider74
09-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Yeah, it bums me out about Netflix. I'm all about the classics and used to reallly enjoyed perusing their website to find something I'd never seen. But . . . I can't risk ruining my credit to watch a movie.

It's been a while since I looked at what the library had to rent. I always like saying "I'm going to the library" and "accidentally" go to the other Library and stumble into a pint. ;-)

Ezrablum
09-28-2010, 08:04 AM
THAT is a good thing too. :)