View Full Version : Type 1 diabetes

barnold
06-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know of a type 1 diabetes support group or advanced education classes for type 1 diabetics? It seems the only things offered are for type II, juvenile diabetes and new diabetics. Most of the nutritionists, RN's and others teaching these classes don't know as much about the disease as they should. The endocrinologist are great for info. but lack the time, desire or bedside manner to educate.

Jon27
06-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know of a type 1 diabetes support group or advanced education classes for type 1 diabetics? It seems the only things offered are for type II, juvenile diabetes and new diabetics. Most of the nutritionists, RN's and others teaching these classes don't know as much about the disease as they should. The endocrinologist are great for info. but lack the time, desire or bedside manner to educate.

Hey Barnold, I'm a type 1 also. Check out Ediba diabetes clinic at Baptist Hospital. I quit going to my endo because he didn't give me anything I couldn't get from my family doctor or the Internet. He was always too concerned about getting me out the door. Too busy.

barnold
06-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks superchris7 for the lead. By the volumes of other responses, I see it's something that is rarely addressed.

Jon27
06-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Lol!!! Are you on the pump or injections?