View Full Version : atari 2600

Bazooka Joe
06-16-2010, 02:27 AM
does anyone here still own an atari 2600 and play it? i still have mine from the 80s. its the smaller version but works like a charm. i still have all my games from the 80s but have been building my collection up a bit further in recent years. i found a great store that carries a wide assortment of titles in midwest city. a place called vintage stock off of 29th street.

Kerry
06-16-2010, 08:05 AM
I don't have an Atari 2600 (never did) but my Colecovision is at my mom's house and it still works. She also has a game called Dark Towers that came out about the same time. I think it still works also and is probably worth some bucks to a collector. I wonder if the Toy Museum coming to Bricktown would be interested in it.

BBatesokc
06-16-2010, 08:15 AM
I still have a working Intellivision with about 25 games. I keep waiting for an Intellivision app for my iPod Touch or iPad. No idea what my Intellivision is worth but its pretty nostalgic for me.

Lord Helmet
06-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Yup. I have one and around 350 games. Fun nostalgia. Don't play it as much as I did when I started collecting for it though.

decepticobra
06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Yup. I have one and around 350 games. Fun nostalgia. Don't play it as much as I did when I started collecting for it though.

350 games?? wow. what games do you not own?

Matt
06-17-2010, 11:42 AM
does anyone here still own an atari 2600 and play it?

Yes and no and yes. I still have mine from when I was a kid, and most of the games, but I don't play it and don't know if it even works anymore.

But I've got a modded Xbox that has an Atari 2600 emulator on it, along with hundreds of ROMs that I can play whenever I get nostalgic. It's really neat having all those games right at my fingertips.

Bazooka Joe
06-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Yes and no and yes. I still have mine from when I was a kid, and most of the games, but I don't play it and don't know if it even works anymore.

But I've got a modded Xbox that has an Atari 2600 emulator on it, along with hundreds of ROMs that I can play whenever I get nostalgic. It's really neat having all those games right at my fingertips.

Thats cool. I still think playing them on the original console is much better than emulators though. never got into the atari flashback consoles either.

Lord Helmet
06-18-2010, 11:28 AM
350 games?? wow. what games do you not own?

Hundreds. :)

Lord Helmet
06-18-2010, 11:29 AM

Yeah, I haven't plugged my 2600 in since I hacked my Wii and put emulators on it.