View Full Version : Lowest Gas Prices in Oklahoma Web Site

Karried
02-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Found this today while trying to locate a service shop for my nephew's broken car:

Thought I'd share:

http://www.oklahomacitygasprices.com/

Patrick
03-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Hmm...I just clicked on it and it said the server was too busy, and to come back later! lol! I guess demand for low price gasoline in high! Makes sense though....I payed $1.869 per gal for Regular yesterday...that's crazy!

workman45
03-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks Karried, with my 3/4 ton 12 miles to the gallon pickup this will come in handy.

Patrick
03-01-2005, 10:22 AM
There we go...it's working now. Looks like the lowest right now in the metro is $1.71 and the highest is $1.89.

Thanks Karrie for the link.

Karried
03-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Wow, prices have really gone up in only a few weeks! I was paying 1.70 and now that's a rarity - yuk - of course I drive a Suburban...

Patrick
03-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Karrie, thanks again for giving us this site. I've actually been using it. Stopping by I-40 and Morgan Rd. is a great idea, especially if you're hitting the Wal-Mart on I-40 and MacArthur....Morgan Rd. isn't that much further, and it's worth the savings.

okcpulse
03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
I paid $1.92/gallon at 7-Eleven on MacArthur north of 122nd street. Of course, my little rice burner Honda CRX gets 34 mpg, but $1.92 is astronomical.

Patrick
03-08-2005, 01:05 AM
I'm also glad I have a small car....I have a 93 Nissan Sentra....1.6 liter 4 cylinder...30 mpg! Still, it's expensive to tank up.

Keith
03-08-2005, 06:08 AM
I paid $1.92/gallon at 7-Eleven on MacArthur north of 122nd street. Of course, my little rice burner Honda CRX gets 34 mpg, but $1.92 is astronomical.

Wow, $1.92 a gallon? I paid $1.89 a gallon at 7-11 at SW.44 & Blackwelder. It cost me $26.00 to fill up my small S-10 truck.

Patrick
03-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I've seen it for as high as $1.95....outrageous.

metro
03-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Here's another angle you should consider when complaining about high gas prices.

Rising oil prices mean more state revenues. So should we see the gas tank as half full or half empty?
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2004
Durocher's OKCBusiness NewsWire

Fueling up

By Shelly Hickman writers@okcbusiness.com

It’s hard to see the upside of spending $1.60 for a gallon of gasoline.

But those at the state Capitol responsible for keeping an eye on state coffers say there is a definite upside to healthy energy prices – enough to console citizens the next time they frown at their gas card statements.

“Obviously, whenever you say that a revenue source is 10 percent of the general fund [budget of the state of Oklahoma], the more important that source is to the state,” said Scott Meachum, director of the Office of State Finance (OSF). “It has been critically important to us with the revenue shortfall we’ve had in other areas in the last few years.”

At the height of the oil boom in the Eighties, gross production taxes on oil and natural gas comprised 30 percent of the state budget.

For Fiscal Year 2003 (July 1, 2002 through the end of June 2003) the state collected nearly $437 million from natural gas revenues and more than $113 million from oil revenues. Though that represents just ten percent of the dollars appropriated by the Legislature for that year, energy still a very significant contributor.

According to Meachum’s office, the state should collect more revenue from oil and natural gas by the end of this fiscal year than was originally estimated by state analysts.
While OSF estimated in February of last year that nearly $96 million would be collected for oil, it appears that collections will top $120 million.

Likewise, legislators should be overjoyed by the projected windfall from natural gas that should be available to them for appropriation.

Last February OSF estimated a $100 million drop in natural gas collections for Fiscal Year 2004. However, it recently revised its estimate to project $483 million in collections, which is nearly $20 million higher than was collected last year.

Moreover, some industry officials speculate that OSF’s projections for Fiscal Year 2005 – which are the projections legislators are using to form spending decisions for the state from July 1, 2004 until the end of June, 2005 – might be on the conservative side, considering current oil and gas prices.

According to a recent report in the Wall Street Journal, the worldwide demand for oil will exceed supply by the end of the year by one million barrels a day. And, the Bush Administration seems intent on stockpiling the nation’s energy reserves and refraining from encouraging OPEC to increase production, citing an unwillingness “to beg” for oil, according to news reports.

Still, according to Meachum’s office, Oklahoma’s estimate for tax proceeds on oil production for FY 2005 is $99,917,869, an approximate $13 million decrease from FY 2003 and a $20 million decrease from FY 2004.

The state estimates $412.726 million in tax proceeds for natural gas production, which is nearly a $24 million decrease from FY 2003 and a $47 million decrease from FY 2004.

It’s not really problematic, however, if collection ends up being higher.

“Only if it’s lower,” Meachum said.

Such an instance occurred about four years ago, he said, when gas prices unexpectedly cratered after an influx of cheap, foreign oil entered the market.

“Of course, at that time, our other revenue sources were up, so it didn’t hurt us that bad,” he said.

Clearly the entity that benefits the most from energy production in Oklahoma is the K-12 public school system. According to OSF, common education is appropriated 40 percent of $ 5 billion in general fund revenue, for which energy supplies 10 percent. Moreover, schools districts are earmarked gross production proceeds which are not included in general fund revenue.

So, the next time a businessman reviews his company’s heating and transportation costs or a motorist pays $100 to fill up her SUV, both should consider the great impact energy has on Oklahoma and opt to view their tanks as half-full rather than half-empty, Meachum indicated.

“We have a lot of [energy] companies that are Oklahoma companies that employ a lot of people,” he said.

Obviously, there are the gross production taxes [to consider] but [these companies] also pay sales tax on what they buy, they pay income tax on their profits and they literally employ thousands of thousands of Oklahomans who pay income tax, and they have a big impact on our economy.”

mranderson
03-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Semi off topic, but here it goes.

Any sites on gas prices in the Sacramento area?

We are getting hosed.

Karried
03-10-2005, 09:13 AM
http://www.californiagasprices.com/

Click here for CA prices - Sacramento

http://www.sanfrangasprices.com/

San Francisco

http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/

Los Angeles

Patrick
03-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Wow, California's gas prices are quite a bit higher than ours.One thing you have to remember though is that their gasoline taxes are quite a bit higher than ours. That could explain why their roads and bridges are in better shape.

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
This was posted in the links section by myself forever ago.Its called www.gasbuddy .com hmm I guess the link section should be up for review apparantly no one checks it out anymore????

DarlingDiva