View Full Version : Several good weekend shows on the horizon

JTL
06-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Looking forward to a couple of good festival weekends in OKC in the next few weeks. Capitol Hill Rockin' Reunion (June 26-27), then the Betany 4th of July Celebration (which will be held on Satuday, July 3rd) @ Eldon Lyons Park. The Capitol Hill Event is new, can anybody provide any feedback about the area and community for me - I've heard a lot of mixed information?:053:

JTL
06-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Sorry for the typos - my keyboard is sticky and my fingers are a little faster than my brain at times!

Spartan
06-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Jewel, tonight at Rose State. I read in the Oke where it will be a really intimate show and she'll be taking requests and have a surprise for people who come. I've always wanted to get intimate with Jewel..

SkyWestOKC
06-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Don't forget the airshow this weekend!

Sorry for the typos - my keyboard is sticky and my fingers are a little faster than my brain at times!

That's gross.:sofa:

JTL
06-15-2010, 01:29 PM
:dizzy:Whoops - I fell right into that one! Have one of those funky split keyboards, definitely time to upgrade sooner than later. Much like the time I heard about Camel-Toe! Took me a little while to figure out what the hell that was, then I laughed until I almost cried! Something to be said about having a little inocence left in ones life. Six years of college, two advanced degrees and it still goes to show that there is something new to be learned every single day! It can be humbling...:tiphat:

JTL
06-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I have a $$ interest in the two shows that I previously mentioned, and thruthfully am a little concerned about the Capitol Hill gig more than anything (because of the area and reputation). I should have been more direct in my questioning. Anyway, do you have any feedback on the Capitol Hill area (I am unfamiliar)?

dismayed
06-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Jewel, tonight at Rose State. I read in the Oke where it will be a really intimate show and she'll be taking requests and have a surprise for people who come. I've always wanted to get intimate with Jewel..

Seriously? Was the concert advertised at all? I did not know that.

sroberts24
06-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Resident Funk at Lower Bricktown Live tomorrow night

LBC
06-16-2010, 12:06 PM
The Lower Bricktown Live is a great event....happens every Thursday night this summer, with different bands playng a free, outdoor concert each week.

Also, July 3rd and 4th there will be live music in the Chelino's parking lot at the corner of Oklahoma Ave. and Sheridan in Bricktown. ACM@UCO students will be performing on the 3, and then various local bands will perform all day on the 4.

kevinpate
06-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Resident Funk at Lower Bricktown Live tomorrow night

Haven't heard them in a long time. May just have to haul myself to BT Thursday night if I'm not on knee bouncing patrol for the babies.