View Full Version : Oklahoman's Readers Choice Awards

jbrown84
06-14-2010, 08:20 PM
They are now in the voting stage. Typical dominance of crappy chains, and you'd think the Oklahoman could assign some interns or someone to SPELLCHECK these names!! :omg:

The following spellings, lack of punctuation, lack of capitalization, and completely wrong names appear on the official online ballot:

Trattoria El Centro
Pablano Grill
Flips
Classen Grille
Will's cafe
Urban Tea (t: an urban teahouse???)
Cocoa Flow
Republic OKC
Bricktown Tapwerks
Krispy Kremes
Johnny's Charcoal Broiler
Pappa John's Pizza
Cool Green's
Souper Salads
Golden Coral
Rococo's
Buddah Tao
Rustys Frozen Custard
Wildlife Refuge - Lawton
Wichita Wildlife Reserve
Mid-First Bank
Bank First
Boomerrang
Sooner Fashion Mall
23rd Antique Mall
St. Anthony's Hospital
Boys Scouts

Considering that the entire point of these awards is to sell ads, they'd get this stuff right. Grrr

Also Watonga Cheese is no longer Made-in-Oklahoma and the Zoo Amphitheatre is NOT Live Theatre, stupid Oklahoman readers!

Looks like the tiny Edmond Road Baptist Church did some ballot-stuffing.

Spartan
06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
"Trattoria El Centro"...........LOL. Is it in the best enchilada category or something?

Dustin
06-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Surprised The Wedge didn't make the pizza list.

dismayed
06-14-2010, 10:06 PM
The German restaurant section lists both Castle Falls and Keller in the Castle. Keller changed names quite some time ago and became Castle Falls. They're one in the same.

I'm getting a kick out of the fact that Western Sizzlin' is in the running for Best American Food.

jbrown84
06-14-2010, 11:34 PM
The German restaurant section lists both Castle Falls and Keller in the Castle. Keller changed names quite some time ago and became Castle Falls. They're one in the same.

You're right. I didn't catch that. The clearly did ZERO fact-checking.

andimthomas
06-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Mmm....Golden Coral has my vote.
http://www.greenpacks.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/geradia-gold-coral.jpg

Spartan
06-15-2010, 01:27 AM
It wouldn't be nearly as funny if it weren't the Oklahoman's attempt to act like the Gazette. Maybe they actually intend for it to be this laughable?

metro
06-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Surprised The Wedge didn't make the pizza list.

Anymore you almost "buy" your ranking on these lists and the suburbanite chain restaurant crowd fills them out more than anything. Even the Gazette's has lost it's clout in recent years.

OKC Heel
06-17-2010, 09:01 AM
These things are worthless. I've never once decided to eat somewhere/shop somewhere because a bunch of people at Hideaway decided they'd give their opinion on who has the best appetizers.

Larry OKC
06-19-2010, 04:55 AM
Over the years I have tried places in the Gazette's version. Some were worth the trip. Some weren't. Will look at the results and wonder if these people were being serious or not.