View Full Version : The sermon @ 122nd & Penn Ave - who are these people?

JTL
06-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Any idea who those Black men dressed in white garb @ the corner of 122nd & Penn Ave. today @ 5:15pm. What are they reading and yelling into the intersection (in front of the 7/11 store)? There are at least six or seven men standing there, all dressed in white robes, the leader has white robe with red. The is the third time in several months I've seen these guys out there shouting something into the intersection, holding some huge billboard (impossible to read), and reading from what looks like a Bible or Quran (or something else)? It's a loud intersection and you can't hear what they are saying but they are all motivated to be there from something. Whatever the case, they are putting on quite a show!

Urban Pioneer
06-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah. I saw them today as well. They are normally at the city bus station on the street corner at 4th/Hudson.

therondo
06-12-2010, 09:00 PM
i know that the billboard has the "12 tribes of israel" each name of the tribe has next to it a name of a nationalitity

Gonzofry
06-12-2010, 09:25 PM
religious lunatics in Oklahoma? What's new?

wsucougz
06-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Saw them at the Paseo Arts Fest

Dustin
06-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I heard from a very super unreliable source that they were black supremacists or something.... very super unreliable source

Midtowner
06-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Jesus Christ Church of the Israelites. They think that black people are the "true" tribe of Israel and that Jews are essentially usurpers.

metro
06-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Any idea who those Black men dressed in white garb @ the corner of 122nd & Penn Ave. today @ 5:15pm. What are they reading and yelling into the intersection (in front of the 7/11 store)? There are at least six or seven men standing there, all dressed in white robes, the leader has white robe with red. The is the third time in several months I've seen these guys out there shouting something into the intersection, holding some huge billboard (impossible to read), and reading from what looks like a Bible or Quran (or something else)? It's a loud intersection and you can't hear what they are saying but they are all motivated to be there from something. Whatever the case, they are putting on quite a show!

Yep, well I hadn't seen then at Penn &122nd but I'd be willing to bet you're talking about these folks. As you can see from the old thread, they've been around since at least 2006. They used to have their church next to Zax club on Classen. They moved out about a year or two ago, haven't seen them since but at U.P. said they protest regularly at 4th and Hudson at the DT Bus Station. They even get the kids involved early on. Seems cultish to me.

http://www.okctalk.com/faith-values/9746-israelite-church-god-jesus-christ-inc.html

ljbab728
06-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the link, Metro. That's probably where this thread needs to be.

Steve
06-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Black Hebrew Israelites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites)

JTL
06-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the link, Metro. That's probably where this thread needs to be.

Just curious about them. I don't really give a flying crap what they believe in but they are getting a lot of want they really want - ATTENTION! Got my attention a couple of times when I passed throught that area - quite entertaining to a run of the mill, good ole country boy like me. You can put the thread wherever you wish - I gleened all the information I wanted from it, now I'll go back to the hole from which I came...:elmer3:

Camaro Z28
06-13-2010, 08:52 PM
They are the "Black Hebrew Isrealites" Google the term to educate yourself about them. Another name would be Black Panthers. They are a hyper radical black supremacist group that hides behind religion to promote their dangerous, radical, anti white agenda.

JTL
06-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Hey "Z Man" I think you are spot-on this one. Their leader (looking like he's hopped up on something) seems to be getting a lot of exercise with the arms flailing and jumping around like LL Cool J in "Mamma Goona Knock U Out!" Couldn't hear the message over the car horns and engine noise (and really don't care about it), but he's givin' up one hell of an animated show!

kevinpate
06-14-2010, 06:47 PM
They are the "Black Hebrew Isrealites" Google the term to educate yourself about them. Another name would be Black Panthers. They are a hyper radical black supremacist group that hides behind religion to promote their dangerous, radical, anti white agenda.

Holy Hyperbole Batman.
Oh well, to each his own opinion ... such as it may be.

Camaro Z28
06-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Hyperbole...big word.

They are nothing to be sneezed at or taken lightly of.