View Full Version : Cats for Sale

Thunder
06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
I have a cat and a kitten for sale. They are only going to a serious person that seriously know how to take care of them. This is not a joke to own this kind of animal.

First thing first, it is very important to preserve their name.

Choco is a Seal Point Ragdoll. Paid $400 without registration. I am selling him for $200 or best offer. This is a full blood Ragdoll breed. He has all his claws (and everyone knows not to declaw the Ragdoll). This kitten will continue to grow for 3 to 4 years and be up to 20 lbs. Choco has not been neutered.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4550/32693795750900.jpg

Fuzzy is 4 years old and requires a lot of attention. He will cry when you are gone. It is highly recommended that they go together to lessen the impact of rehoming (and losing their daddy). All of his claws is gone. He is free with Choco or $15 trusting fee for self.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3305/32693823245300.jpg

PM or send an email to ThunderOKC@aol.com

BOTH OF THEM ARE INDOOR-ONLY!!! It does not matter that Choco has all his claws, Ragdoll is NOT to be outdoor.

decepticobra
06-10-2010, 02:42 AM
why would anyone want to buy a cat, theres so many people giving them away for free all the time.

Thunder
06-10-2010, 03:20 AM
Well, it is nearly impossible to get a free Ragdoll. The little fee for Fuzzy is to ensure the person is serious about wanting a cat.

bandnerd
06-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Why are you having to re-home them?

PennyQuilts
06-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Thunder, a year or so ago, didn't you take a cat to the shelter and then get upset because they wouldn't put you into contact with the person who adopted it?

xoxotiffanynicole
06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I just gave away a rag doll, which I got from a lady giving them away. :P
I'm also giving away another if anyone is interested.

Thunder
06-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Why are you having to re-home them?

Mom say no cats in her house.

Thunder, a year or so ago, didn't you take a cat to the shelter and then get upset because they wouldn't put you into contact with the person who adopted it?

Yeah, because I didn't know the person who adopted him. Nothing wrong with checking up on him. :-P

Thunder
06-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I just gave away a rag doll, which I got from a lady giving them away. :P
I'm also giving away another if anyone is interested.

Most likely half-breed. No one in their right state of mind will give away hundreds of dollars value of Ragdolls.

xoxotiffanynicole
06-10-2010, 07:21 PM
[/B]
Most likely half-breed. No one in their right state of mind will give away hundreds of dollars value of Ragdolls.

Nah, it's not half. There's just some people out there who are more worried about a cat than the money they're worth.

Millie
06-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Why pay the premium price for a cat that doesn't have any papers? If there's no verifiable pedigree, I don't see the difference between your cat and any free cat from craigslist.

Bunty
06-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Mom say no cats in her house.

Why not? Because she thinks cats are nasty? Such pretty kitties!

Dustin
06-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Aaachhhhoooooo!!!!!

Thunder
06-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Why pay the premium price for a cat that doesn't have any papers? If there's no verifiable pedigree, I don't see the difference between your cat and any free cat from craigslist.

To my understanding, having a registration merely allow you to have breeding and selling rights. Without it, those organizations will whine when a person is caught breeding without certifications.

When I bought Choco, I opted to not have him registered to reduce the price tag.

If no one buys Choco, I have a friend now living in Illinois that I can deliver. He and his wife loves Choco. It is sad that he just had to join the Air Force.

BBatesokc
06-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Here's some free kittens (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30695966&l=32e60f672b&id=1283820411). Only one catch.... you gotta get them before the truck comes by!

Midtowner
06-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Don't get a cat unless you're ready for a 15-20 year commitment.

PennyQuilts
06-11-2010, 09:46 AM

Thanks for reminding us, Mid.

bandnerd
06-11-2010, 10:01 AM
My mom had a cat that died just a couple of years ago...I'm 29 now, we got him when I was in the 4th grade.

He was a mean little toot, too.

It is disheartening to see how people (and I'm not insinuating that this is you, Thunder, I know you love the cats) often view pets as disposable. If you want a short-term commitment, buy a hamster.

xoxotiffanynicole
06-11-2010, 10:01 AM

Too bad people don't understand that.
I've been rescuing them for the past two years just because of that.

kevinpate
06-11-2010, 10:10 AM

Very true.
When Sara's reign ended, we had been her subjects for seventeen years.
Some cats rule even longer.

Midtowner
06-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks for reminding us, Mid.

I do pro bono legal work for Pets & People, a no-kill shelter out in Yukon. I'm the guy who'll take your butt to court if you violate the contract and sell/give away your cat after you promise not to.

Thunder, until you think you're in a position where you can provide for a cat for 15-20 years, just don't do it. If you need your cat fix, go down to the shelter and play with the cats up there. They'll really appreciate it.

Animals are not like library books--they cannot be checked out and back in on your whims.

Thunder
06-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Mid, that was not my intention. I have Fuzzy for 4 years and Choco since 2 months after birth. It was just a shakeup that I have to deal with now. I have not find them a new home, so it is scary to put them in a shelter where it is possible that someone there will have a thrill putting them to sleep. I even kept telling mom that I can give Fuzzy a furcut, but she just won't cave! Altho, he did spend all day with me at the garage sale and he stayed by me without walking away. She just can't see the bond!!!

Millie
06-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Maybe it is because I'm not a cat person and I haven't been too involved in the buying/selling of cats (or any animal for that matter), but... how is a purebred cat you can't register/breed any different from a mixed breed? What is your $400 cat going to do for me that your other cat can't?

(Not trying to be at all antagonistic here- I just honestly don't understand the difference)

PennyQuilts
06-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Maybe it is because I'm not a cat person and I haven't been too involved in the buying/selling of cats (or any animal for that matter), but... how is a purebred cat you can't register/breed any different from a mixed breed? What is your $400 cat going to do for me that your other cat can't?

(Not trying to be at all antagonistic here- I just honestly don't understand the difference) I have purebred dogs with papers that are spayed and I don't show them. For me, I just love that breed - they have a set of characteristics you don't find in other breeds. For their breed, you don't find too many mixed breeds that maintain the same characteristics. But my girls are a pretty unique breed and I can see where, say, a bird dog of uncertain lineage might not be that distinguishable from a purebred. But maybe I am wrong about that.

Thunder
06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Choco, the Ragdoll, is up for grab. He is currently in the Blazer. YOU come immediately to pick him up. Highest $$$ offer will be the winner!