View Full Version : Have ya got $155 for a ticket?

Doug Loudenback
06-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Oklahoma River cruises ... check out Steve's latest blog ... Oklahoma River Cruisers: $155 Per Passenger | OKC Central (http://blog.newsok.com/okccentral/2010/06/09/oklahoma-river-cruisers-155-per-passenger/)

kevinpate
06-09-2010, 10:54 AM
So it's a bit like AmTrak, just slower, wetter, shorter and less cush for the tush?

SkyWestOKC
06-09-2010, 11:17 AM
I rather fly somewhere. I am biased of course.

mmonroe
06-09-2010, 12:19 PM
What is there to see on the river right now? nothing? skyline... dirt, homeless... there is no draw to go get on the river. I couldn't even tell you when the darn things are open and how much it would cost. marketing is going down, plus getting all the way over there for tourist is a bit of a stretch, too much road construction, etc. come one now.

metro
06-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Mayor Mick, Rick Cain and Roy Williams building their legacy.

Bazooka Joe
06-09-2010, 12:25 PM
So it's a bit like AmTrak, just slower, wetter, shorter and less cush for the tush?

whoa...we are talking about floating down a river? riiiight?

okclee
06-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Mayor Mick, Rick Cain and Roy Williams building their legacy.

They need to build it on their own dime, not the cities!

Dock the river cruises for at least two years.

Kerry
06-09-2010, 01:21 PM

They did build it on their own dime. Devon donated the money for the boats. I think they belong to COTPA. How much is each rider on a regular bus subsidized?

I love it when everyone gets outraged about subsidizing transportation but then all vote in favor of spending million on a downtown modern transit system.

metro
06-09-2010, 01:49 PM

you realize my comment was sarcastic right? they're building a legacy they didn't want, but don't realize that fact.

andy157
06-09-2010, 03:23 PM
They did build it on their own dime. Devon donated the money for the boats. I think they belong to COTPA. How much is each rider on a regular bus subsidized?

I love it when everyone gets outraged about subsidizing transportation but then all vote in favor of spending million on a downtown modern transit system.You consider this transportation? They built it on their dime?