View Full Version : OSU Research Finds Out Why Some Women Go For Men Taken

Bunty
06-04-2010, 01:42 PM
And one reason why single guys have trouble finding a woman:

Beware the Husband Hunter | Story | Glo (http://glo.msn.com/relationships/beware-the-husband-hunter-1533311.story?gt1=49006)

Caboose
06-04-2010, 03:27 PM
And one reason why single guys have trouble finding a woman:

Beware the Husband Hunter | Story | Glo (http://glo.msn.com/relationships/beware-the-husband-hunter-1533311.story?gt1=49006)

I wonder how much tax-payer money they used to fund this research to tell us the obvious.

Casey
06-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Oh yes, I love trying to steal another woman's husband. Cuz I'm totally convinced that he'd be faithful to me, even though he was unfaithful to his prior wife.

How ridiculous of an article.

ddavidson8
06-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Like the George Costanza wedding ring thing.

PennyQuilts
06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
I also find the article ridiculous. The only women I know who act like that are under the age of 22 and pathetic even to their peers.

xoxotiffanynicole
06-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Who wouldn't want a married man?
It's definitely my only goal in life.
Can I borrow anybody's husbands?

Bunty
06-08-2010, 12:44 PM
True. At least you know that another woman has found something worthwhile in a man. With a single man, you can't be as sure.

mugofbeer
06-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Or is it an inherant desire for some women to feel a sense of conquest and self-image boosting? Obviously, men have no desire to play around. (smile)

xoxotiffanynicole
06-08-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't know why anyone would find a married man attractive, especially one who would cheat.
There's nothing self-image boosting about ruining a marriage. If anything it should help destroy your self-image knowing that you could do that to someone.

mugofbeer
06-08-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't know why anyone would find a married man attractive, especially one who would cheat.
There's nothing self-image boosting about ruining a marriage. If anything it should help destroy your self-image knowing that you could do that to someone.

You would think, but as the old saying goes, it takes two to tango.

xoxotiffanynicole
06-08-2010, 08:06 PM

That it does.
One thing I don't understand though is, if a married man or woman would cheat then why not just get a divorce? You're obviously not content with the person you married any more.

PennyQuilts
06-08-2010, 08:35 PM
That it does.
One thing I don't understand though is, if a married man or woman would cheat then why not just get a divorce? You're obviously not content with the person you married any more.

The older I get, the more I understand staying together even if not content (not that I approve of it). Long married couples may have children, property, etc., and still basically get along but more as friends than otherwise. But I suppose if they have permission, that isn't really cheating, is it?

So forget it.

IMO, if you are sneaking around, it is time to end the charade. I can't imagine risking hurting someone I love that way and if I did, it would pretty much say it all. I've known people who cheated because they believed in their heart that if their spouse found out about it, they'd scream and yell but not do anything. I think if I did that, my husband would pack my bags and tell me to hit the road. Not risking that.

xoxotiffanynicole
06-08-2010, 08:38 PM
I had this conversation the other day with someone, about cheating in a marriage & why they don't leave if they're not content. She said the EXACT same thing. It just seems that you're denying yourself true happiness with someone else because of your kids' happiness & material items.

PennyQuilts
06-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I had this conversation the other day with someone, about cheating in a marriage & why they don't leave if they're not content. She said the EXACT same thing. It just seems that you're denying yourself true happiness with someone else because of your kids' happiness & material items.

And your point ... ::LolLolLol

Actually, I think if you can hold it together you owe it to the kids. You brought them into this world and have responsibilities. Of course, if it is a war zone, that is a different thing. But leaving to find someone that will make you happy at the expense of your children's happiness is morally bankrupt. What mother does that? A self centered one.

When you are young, you see things differently and want things NOW. We all understand that. It is one of the reasons young parents have such a tough time. It is hard to grasp that there is plenty of time when the kids are older to make adjustments in your life for someone else.

xoxotiffanynicole
06-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Lol. My point is that I'm agreeing with you.

And I'm definitely not talking about running off with someone just because it's what will make YOU happy. Not you in particular, but you know what I mean. What child wants to see their parents living like roommates? They know it's not the way it's "supposed" to be.

mugofbeer
06-08-2010, 08:58 PM
That it does.

I agree because there were vows taken. Not everyone believes that way, though. There are many ways for it to happen and there are both men and women who don't take their vows seriously.

Bunty
06-09-2010, 12:02 AM

At least the two I last saw tango was at a block party on Sunday afternoon were married.

PennyQuilts
06-09-2010, 08:31 AM
At least the two I last saw tango was at a block party on Sunday afternoon were married.

Nice!!

Casey
06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Tiffany - Your bolding hurts my eyes.

Also, why doesn't the smiley set include a guy sticking his tongue out? It would be appropriate in this situation.

xoxotiffanynicole
06-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Tiffany - Your bolding hurts my eyes.

Also, why doesn't the smiley set include a guy sticking his tongue out? It would be appropriate in this situation.

Sorry :poke:

Jethrol
10-31-2010, 12:20 PM
One guy that I know talked about this group of cheating spouses in OKC. He made it sound like it was a club or something but really it was just all these married people, both men and women, that slept around. They're all very well-to-do, have lots of money, live in exclusive neighborhoods and all that.....they also sleep around a lot and their spouses are oblivious.

We were at a party one time, both dateless, with big tables and all these very well dressed couples were sitting at the table with us. He said, "You know all these women are available if you're interested right?" I was shocked and said, "no way" He said he knew, absolutely knew, that each one was cheating on their husbands, they were horny as hell and would sleep with someone as long as they were seen in the right circles, parties and things like that. He said my being there, made me part of the inner group and their husbands would never know.

I didn't believe him so I started testing the waters with some mild flirting.....nothing too forward. I was surprised at the reactions I got from these women. Holy crap one of them wouldn't let go of my hand and had that, "let's go" look in her eye. She was touching me and moving closer and it was turning me on big time. Her husband was standing right next to her but talking to someone else and was completely oblivious.....I've seen her around after that party and she is still VERY touchy, feely with me....but I don't sleep with married women. It's just not me.

Anyways, I was surprised but my friend assures me that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

PennyQuilts
10-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Ick.

I suspect the husband is not unaware. He probably thinks that give him permission to do the same thing. Or he is a wienie.

Hats off that you have higher standards. Sounds like you'd be risking a STD.

Bunty
11-01-2010, 02:05 AM
One guy that I know talked about this group of cheating spouses in OKC. He made it sound like it was a club or something but really it was just all these married people, both men and women, that slept around. They're all very well-to-do, have lots of money, live in exclusive neighborhoods and all that.....they also sleep around a lot and their spouses are oblivious.

Aw, come on, get real, these women aren't going to sleep with just anybody unless they first think the man is good looking enough to get naked with and indulge with.

Jethrol
11-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Prolly right...husbands may have not been oblivious so much as they were doing the same. Who knows....

Sleeping with married women has never been my thing....too many single women. Besides when I'm single and lonely, the last thing I need is someone who is unavailable.

Bunty you have a point certainly. I'm not saying I'm Joe Model or anything like that....hell there are plenty of guys that are better looking than me but I was amazed at how some of these women responded.

jmarkross
11-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Most people already know why women go for men...and vice-versa...

kevinpate
11-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Aw, come on, get real, these women aren't going to sleep with just anybody unless they first think the man is good looking enough to get naked with and indulge with.

Bunty, girls aren't the only ones who get prettier at closing time. Generally speaking, a woman is as capable as a man in going to bed with an eight and waking up with a one.

PennyQuilts
11-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Give me a funny, smart, ugly man over a empty headed cutie pie dolt, anyday.

FRISKY
11-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Give me a funny, smart, ugly man over a empty headed cutie pie dolt, anyday.Yeah! Except for the "funny, smart" part I'm perfect for you! But alas... I don't think your hubby or my wifey would approve............

Spartan
11-23-2010, 04:01 PM
OSU research would be about women finding suitable men.

PennyQuilts
11-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah! Except for the "funny, smart" part I'm perfect for you! But alas... I don't think your hubby or my wifey would approve............

No, that only works out well with people who are available. But you are plenty funny, smart AND good looking to keep the Mrs. interested.

FRISKY
11-23-2010, 05:41 PM
No, that only works out well with people who are available. But you are plenty funny, smart AND good looking to keep the Mrs. interested.Which "Mrs."?
Just kidding, I know which one you meant. :LolLolLol

Jethrol
12-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Give me a funny, smart, ugly man over a empty headed cutie pie dolt, anyday.

What about funny, smart, fat man over an empty headed cuttie pie dolt? As the saying goes, "you can drink an ugly girl pretty but you can't drink a fat girl thin."