View Full Version : House at SE 89th and Choctaw Rd.?

metro
06-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Anyone know about the fairly new mansion on SE 89th and Choctaw Rd near Newalla? I was trying to find it on Oklahoma County Assessor website but couldn't find it. Just wondering who's it was.

metro
06-04-2010, 07:51 AM
anyone?

Wambo36
06-04-2010, 08:33 AM
The guys name is Pelfry. He lives in that hotel looking mega-house with his wife. Approx. 21,000 sq. ft. for the two of them. He used to live in the house on the corner of Burning Oaks and Westminster Rd. that was destroyed by a tornado and then burned while in the last stages of being rebuilt. If you ever drive by there and see a liitle short, pony tailed guy in his late 60's riding on a riding lawn mower, mowing the right of way between Choctaw Rd. and his fence, that's him.

metro
06-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Well when I was there last Sunday, some young guy late 20's early 30's with a young chick came rolling out in a nice ride. They also have their own limo and HUGEEEEE poool.

Anyhow, your clue helped me figure it out, along with county GIS maps, it's actually starts the north border of Cleveland County. Here is house I'm referring to.

http://www.clevelandcountyassessor.us/Data.aspx?Account=R0073023

http://www.clevelandcountyassessor.us/Default.picx?Height=500&Width=700&ResourceType=Photos&Website=ClevelandOK_Auditor&Filename=r007302301-3.jpg&Random=634112508887869980

What is the building that looks like a small church chapel? It even has a steeple on it. I just found the estate very peculiar and odd. Didn't know what it was used for or if some celebrity we didn't know lived there.
http://www.clevelandcountyassessor.us/Default.picx?Height=500&Width=700&ResourceType=Photos&Website=ClevelandOK_Auditor&Filename=r007302301-2.jpg&Random=634112509201266087

Wambo36
06-04-2010, 10:45 AM
No celeb, just a local real estate guy. If the name sounds familiar you might remember it from the Brent Rinehart county commisioner scandal from a few years back. Mr. Pelfry pled guilty to over-contributing to his campaign.
He's said that the chapel looking building is where he intends to be laid to rest someday. Not sure how that would work unless he intends to be cremated.
Also not sure about the young couple you saw leaving. They have kids, but not living at home.

metro
06-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Weird, I've just never seen an estate like it, very eclectic. It has a stone wall all the way around it looks like a fortress. the chapel thing is just weird, I didn't know if it was some cult or something weirder.

stratosphere
06-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Weird, I've just never seen an estate like it, very eclectic. It has a stone wall all the way around it looks like a fortress. the chapel thing is just weird, I didn't know if it was some cult or something weirder.

thats exactly what i thought first time i saw the place.

Sorta got the "Big Love" vibe from it all :chef:

Wambo36
06-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah, he has distinctive tastes. I think that's a nice way of putting it. The high fence with the stone columns is there because he has a penchant for exotic animals. When the tornado wiped out his old house on Westminster the neighbors said they saw exotic deer and antelope come out of the woods behind their houses, to graze on their lawns, at dusk for quite some time.
The house is solid concrete construction, except for the roof, so as to be virtually fire and tornado proof.

stratosphere
06-05-2010, 03:03 PM
isnt the back side of this house built into the hillside with a basement area?

Wambo36
06-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I think it has 3-4 levels. The facade that looks like large block is painted on stucco over concrete, if I'm not mistaken. If you go further south on Choctaw Rd. he also owns the two areas that are across the street from each other, on the other side of 104th. One of them is named Equine Acres or something like that.
If you look west from the intersection of Choctaw and 89th you'll see the road construction that the county started and then abruptly stopped. That's one of the deals that got the Rinehart investigation started.

cindycat
09-30-2018, 09:08 AM
The guys name is Pelfry. He lives in that hotel looking mega-house with his wife. Approx. 21,000 sq. ft. for the two of them. He used to live in the house on the corner of Burning Oaks and Westminster Rd. that was destroyed by a tornado and then burned while in the last stages of being rebuilt. If you ever drive by there and see a liitle short, pony tailed guy in his late 60's riding on a riding lawn mower, mowing the right of way between Choctaw Rd. and his fence, that's him.

This thread is ten years old but the subject house is still there, with something strange going on again. We lived in the Burning Oaks addition at the same as Ray Pelfrey. Took in their little dog for awhile after the tornado. Offered to help with the big exotic birds in the front yard cage. Strolled down the street to watch the fire department working at his house fire. We drove by Willow Wind this weekend and saw construction activity, like maybe they’re opening the mausoleum. What now?
Thanks.

stile99
09-30-2018, 10:33 AM
This thread is ten years old but the subject house is still there, with something strange going on again.

Well if there's something strange in the neighborhood, who ya gonna call?

Roger S
10-01-2018, 08:31 AM
Well if there's something strange in the neighborhood, who ya gonna call?

Well Pelfrey is pretty strange on his own.