View Full Version : Perception of Oklahoma Christian

pancho_and_lefty
06-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Hey folks,

First, I want to state that I looked diligently for posts/threads on this topic; searching OKCTalk for "Oklahoma Christian" yields a lot of returns, yet I didn't find any germane to my question. If this has been covered before, please pardon me.

I am looking at Oklahoma Christian University's online MBA program because of its convenience. I do not reside in the OKC area, but my employer has a sizeable operation in the metro area and it is a city that I could see myself living in someday. I was wondering about the perception of this school regionally. US News & WR gives it decent marks, and I was suprised to discover that they rate it higher in the "Masters' Universities - West" catagory than UCO. I know that US News & WR college rankings are not Gospel, but the program seems affordable and I don't think UCO offers an online MBA. I would love to just get a company transfer down there and go to Price (OU) but I don't think it is feasible at this time. My employer pays for a portion of the MBA so I have an incentive to keep the margin between their contribution and the final price tag to a minimum.

I just wanted to get the locals' perspective. Thanks for your time. The girlfriend and I will probably be coming down next season for a Thunder game.

Midtowner
06-05-2010, 10:31 PM
If you're looking to sit for the CPA exam, UCO boasts a higher passage rate than any other business school in the state. Also, it's MUCH cheaper.

You also might want to look into Oklahoma Baptist University. They have a really good MBA as well.

A good friend of mine did do his MBA work at Oklahoma Christian and was very pleased with how it went. You really can't go wrong with any school in the metro.

ElOhEl
06-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Agree with MidTowner