View Full Version : okc niteclubs & bars

decepticobra
05-19-2010, 09:57 PM
whats the best okc nightclub (past or present) youve been to and why?

ive been to many.

first off, i hate dueling piano bars. i think they are overrated and stupid. regardless of where they are at.

the worst night club in okc ive been to, was one around 1997. i forgot the name, but was in bricktown...i think the name of it started with a letter I. the dance floor was smaller than my apt kitchen floor.

the best dance club ive been to was a place, i think called, west end iguana..or something iguana..off of reno and meridian next to seagate. its closed now and i think its a pizza restaurant now.

bricktown has some good ones. citywalk is cool, since its 6 clubs under one roof ( i dont count that silly piano bar)

skky is also cool. but i havent been there since it was called chemistry back around 2001.

as far as bars, i used to frequent the mwc area a lot. i really really miss capones, and the old henry hudsons at 15th and key. -the new douglas location tends to be a frequent cop trap.

i went to another bar in mwc, on 15th street between midwest and douglas..next to the miller plant. really huge place on top of a hill, but it had a bunch of redenecks in there.

i also prefer karaoke to live bands any day of the week.

Peach fuzz
05-19-2010, 10:40 PM
This interests me. I will be turning 21 next month and I could really use some feedback. I want to know what are the best places around, fun places with real people that dont bull.... help!

decepticobra
05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
This interests me. I will be turning 21 next month and I could really use some feedback. I want to know what are the best places around, fun places with real people that dont bull.... help!

since youre 21, id probably start clubbing in bricktown until youre no longer wet behind the ears.. youll find more peeps closer to your age group there to socialize with.theres always tons of police in bricktown to ensure safety and overall order as well. the older crowd tends to stick to clubs and bars in the little places here and there scattered across suburbia and out in the sticks as well.

with a name like peach fuzz, im guessing youre a girl, and that being the case it opens a lot of doors for you...some good some bad.

heres the good: usually drink specials geared exclusively for ladies, ladies night, and also lots of places will usually host no cover for ladies on certain nights or times.

bad: being a lady youre a meat market target (this is why the club/bar hooked you up with no cover and drink specials to begin with), especially if you look hot, smell good,are asian or latina, or just are classy and high maintenanced. to ward off unwanted guys always club and barhop in a group of girls (most girls do this anyways)..most guys usually hit on a girl if shes alone, or just with one friend. it takes a guy usually a helluva lot more courage to hit on just one girl if she has 5 friends with her..cause if he's rejected, hes got 5 girls laughing at his ass (not including the girl he tried to pick up), and thats a real self-esteem wrecker right there..., plus travelling in a group is a lot safer too!!...lot of weirdos can sometimes be found at bars & clubs.

if you really just want to have a good time, and have no one hit on you. carry a see-through purse loaded down with tampax or kotex. guys will stand clear at least 50 feet. LOL.

Peach fuzz
05-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Ya too bad im not a girl.. Dont know why a chick would use the name peach fuzz but w.e LOL...

chrisokc
05-19-2010, 11:53 PM
I've been going to the Alley Club for years now, I'm usually there on Saturdays. I've been to some of the Bricktown bars, not for me...Lots of pretentious people and stuck up people, plus too many cops. The Alley Club is mostly bikers and older people, but I get along with everyone...Cheap drinks also help.

Classics is also a pretty cool place. Bearz is alright, so is Edna's but it gets a bit crowded on the weekends.

decepticobra
05-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Ya too bad im not a girl.. Dont know why a chick would use the name peach fuzz but w.e LOL...

sorry man, thanks for changing out your avatar so quickly though to make it apparent for everyone.

decepticobra
05-20-2010, 12:21 AM
, not for me...Lots of pretentious people and stuck up people.

touche. but thats the kind of peeps youll usually see at clubs that tend to play pop instead of rock.

jstanthrnme
05-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Though I don't make it there very often at all, Hawaiian Don's on NW 10th is one of the cooler bars in OKC, IMHO.

skyrick
05-20-2010, 11:24 AM

That's what I thought. Peach fuzz always meant facial hair just starting to come in when I was growing up.

decepticobra
05-20-2010, 03:55 PM
That's what I thought. Peach fuzz always meant facial hair just starting to come in when I was growing up.

unless you mean the fuzz on a peach, then it takes on a feminine meaning.

fuzzytoad
05-29-2010, 05:49 PM
hmm

decepticobra
01-23-2014, 02:33 PM
there was the one club, not sure if its there anymore, it was an old church on classen just a few blocks north of 23rd street. I think it was called The Forum, or Deja Vu or something like that. Havent been that way in a while, havent heard much about it, so I guess its closed down now. Not too sure. .....There was also the club called Mardi Gras off of 50th and Meridian next to Little Caesars. Someone told me it got converted into a bingo hall now.

Garin
01-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Infinity ?

OKCisOK4me
01-23-2014, 11:37 PM
there was the one club, not sure if its there anymore, it was an old church on classen just a few blocks north of 23rd street. I think it was called The Forum, or Deja Vu or something like that. Havent been that way in a while, havent heard much about it, so I guess its closed down now. Not too sure. .....There was also the club called Mardi Gras off of 50th and Meridian next to Little Caesars. Someone told me it got converted into a bingo hall now.

It was The Forum for a long time. It was also Mickys before that moved off to NW10th & MacArthur Blvd. At one point the balcony on the north wall of the main dance floor collapsed. I only remember because KFOR interviewed a guy I knew that was there when it happened. The church has been gone for years. I think it caught fire and they dozed it down.

As for Mardi Gras, we went there a time or two but we found ourselves going to Studio 310/Whitehouse just west of Meridian on the I-40 South Access Road.

Of note, I was able to go to Studio 310 when it was at 310 E Sheridan in Bricktown.