View Full Version : 5/10/10-did you incur tornado damage?

mireaux
05-14-2010, 08:10 AM
just wanted to know if anyone on here, of if anyone on here knows anyone else who incurred tornado damage/or hail damage on monday?

Peach fuzz
05-14-2010, 08:28 AM
had some damage to a greenhouse in Clinton... If i have time I'll try to send a few snaps. Nothing insurance cant cover yet so very blessed.

rcjunkie
05-14-2010, 08:45 AM
My daughter's car received major hail damage, $8500. She's hopiong they go ahead and total it.

Charlie40
05-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Does anyone know if FEMA or another organization will cover damage to a car (both the front and back windshield were busted out from the hail) that was sitting outside and only had liability insurance coverage? If not it will be a long time before I can get those replaced due to the high cost.

MsDarkstar
05-14-2010, 10:22 AM
That's a good question, Charlie40...I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

I live in Moore, but was fortunate to not get any damage. According to my neighbors (I wasn't home yet when it happened) we got golf ball sized hail but it didn't last long. South of me (South of SW 19th St on Bryant Rd) the neighborhood down there looks like they got alot of damage...downed fences, roof damage.

My parents also live in Moore, in the neighborhood across from the First Baptist Church. As always, they got hammered. They had softball sized hail that resulted in 10 holes in the roof (all the way thru the decking), busted skylights in their motorhome roof, busted windshields in 2 cars in the driveway and LOTS of deep dents. A 3rd car in the driveway miraculously didn't get glass broken but it looks like it was beaten with a sledgehammer.

Dad took 2 of the cars to Flair where Farmer's Ins had their claim station set up. Insurance totaled out both of them. One of the cars though, my nephews, only had liability so it's going to stay parked & broken for a while.

kevinpate
05-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Daughter's in-laws had minor damage, especially when contrasted to other damage in that area such as the Choctaw Rd Love's and some of the other properties in the surrounding area.

Our part of Norman was some mildish to moderate winds, rain, no noticeable hail, aka same old same old for us. Ice storms bite at us in my lil' corner of heaven, but little else does.

rcjunkie
05-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Does anyone know if FEMA or another organization will cover damage to a car (both the front and back windshield were busted out from the hail) that was sitting outside and only had liability insurance coverage? If not it will be a long time before I can get those replaced due to the high cost.

FEMA only covers homes, it does cover automobiles, barns, storage sheds, well/pump houses, green houses, etc:

Charlie40
05-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Hmm, well on to plan B then I guess whatever that may end up being