View Full Version : Sam Presti's next move...

Laramie
05-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Oklahoma City Thunder owners have deep pockets, should the need arise to go over the CAP as some NBA teams have done, they will do it. Sam Presti has the leverage to make that call.

Many of you (outsiders) believe that because OKC is a small market that they aren't attractive enough to bring in a high caliber free agent. Wrong!

Presti has plenty of rope to make the right decisions without hanging himself and yet he has wiggle-room.

The trio of Durant-Green-Westbrook are the cornerstones of this team.

Right now, a Chris Bosh or high profile player will have to fit into the scheme of things. He can't be dogging his teammates when things are going wrong. We don't want a player who is going to come with a lot of baggage like Allen Iverson--look what he did to Memphis and Philadelphia upon leaving Denver.

One who is willing to buy into defense and bond with the rest of the team's chemistry.

Sam Presti is studying the NBA player personnel like a world-class chest/checker match--he's going to make the best move that will not get himself jumped or put in check!

Serge Ibaka will be ready next season and guys like Byron Mullens and D. J. White will have the opportunity to move to the next level.

We definitely need to find that diamond-in-the-rough player in the draft (an NBA's best kept secret) as Presti did with Serge Ibaka. Look for him to draft (one pick) someone who is overseas that no one knows about.

Kyle Weaver is one that will have to improve his game if he is going to remain in the scheme of things. Kyle should fully recover from his injury with confidence; he is one who can play well on the defensive end.

This team is in good hands with Sam Presti and Scott Brooks.

Currently there are a lot of scraps, stems and pieces for this upcoming draft; therefore, having a high draft pick vs. making the right pick is what will matter. Minnesota appears to have wasted one of its 2009 first round picks gambling on Ricky Rubio.

TaoMaas
05-14-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm very curious to see what happens over the summer. I think we're in a very good position right now because I believe that 99% of the Thunder fans would be perfectly happy to go into next season with the guys we have right now. It's the old "if it ain't broke..don't fix it" theory.