View Full Version : Convergys home agent...worth it?

kjfmommy05
05-12-2010, 01:04 PM
I have been told about this home agent company called Convergys. I am looking for something I can stay at home with my son and continue to do so after he goes to school. I wonder if this is a legit company and if it's worth going to work for? I put in an application yesterday. Can anyone tell me if it's a good job, how long it takes for someone to get back to you once you submit an application, is pay good, how long is training, it is from home right? The website says training is 2 weeks and from your home but I am seeing on other reviews it is one month and not at home and you are required to do a certain amount of hours in their call center? I live about 3 to 4 hours away from the nearest call center, if that is even it. Any info would be great! Thanks!

decepticobra
05-12-2010, 03:56 PM
this thread should have just been titled "convergys...worth it?:, and the resounding answer is a &#@!!$%-ing hell no, are you crazy??

worked for them back when they were matrixx marketing and during their conversion over to becoming convergys. it was okay when they were matrixx, they treated employees well and had great sales incentives but all that went down the tubes around 1998 when convergys took over.

we used to get 50 cents for every silver package sold, $1.00 for every gold package sold, and $1.50 for every platinum package sold on top of our regular base pay. so when that bonus check arrived, it was almost like having a whole another paycheck on top of our regular check.

towards the end of my employment there, the turn over rate began to escalate, and 10 years later I couldnt begin to fathom how much higher it could be today.

for those who dont know, convergys is a telemarketing firm outsourced by DirecTV satellite television company. they have been located at 1705 s, broadway in moore since 1996 (the old walmart building).

mugofbeer
05-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Maybe this will help:

http://www.okctalk.com/promote-review-local-business/8173-convergys-good-bad.html

Midtowner
05-14-2010, 09:47 AM
I had a Convergys employee on the other side of a case once. He made pretty decent money for a high school dropout working there, good overtime, etc. It's certainly not a career sort of job, but for a short term thing with flexible hours, it seems like it'd be alright.