View Full Version : Anyone going to the Josh Groban concert in March??

kellekokid
02-25-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure how this concert slipped by me but before I even knew the tickets were on sale they were pretty much sold out! :Smiley099
I would like to get an early request in for details Details DETAILS!!! after the concert.
Please have a great time and know there is at least one lady out here that is green with envy waiting for those details!
Thanks,
Kelley

Patrick
02-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Kelley, I'm also a Josh Groban fan! Wow, what a singer. I actually didn't find out he was coming to town until I drove by the Ford Center last week and saw the sign. I'm sad for you that there aren't any tickets left, but it's great news for our city and the Ford Center that the concert is sold out. I bet it will be a great concert! We're fortunate to get someone like him to come to OKC! It just shows how valuable the Ford Center has been to our city.

kellekokid
02-27-2005, 02:29 AM
I got Josh tickets on Saturday!! Patrick I agree completely with you about Josh's wonderfully powerful voice and not just in the notes or quality of his voice but in the way he can move a person to tears with just the stirring beauty of his songs. Just wanted to do an update and let people know too if they want to get some tickets there are still very few available....or they were the afternoon of Sat. 2/26/05. We got four tickets together, in the "nose bleed" section but we got tickets!! (insert scream here!) The tickets we got were $35.00 a piece and I believe that is the only price available to be able to get more than one ticket and still be able to sit together. I guess if anyone wants me to I can give the details of the concert~~ I'm sure I'll stil be gushing like a school girl when I get home that night. lol

Midtowner
02-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Who is Josh Groban?

kellekokid
02-28-2005, 11:06 AM
I'll give a quick synopsis of who Josh Groban is and hopefully, if I've done my "job" right, it will answer your question or give a clue at least. Most recently you may have heard/seen him on the Oscars Sunday night. He sang the nominated song Believe for the movie The Polar Express. On the Oscars it was a duet with Beyonce (from Destiny's Child) He has also sung the song Remember from the movie Troy. You may have heard him on the radio singing To Where You Are, You're Still You or You Raise Me Up. His first tv "break" was a few years back on Allie McBeal. These are just a few of the songs he sings in English, he also sings in Italian, French and I think Latin. If you want you could always check out his website www.joshgroban.com

Midtowner
02-28-2005, 12:45 PM
I'll give a quick synopsis of who Josh Groban is and hopefully, if I've done my "job" right, it will answer your question or give a clue at least. Most recently you may have heard/seen him on the Oscars Sunday night. He sang the nominated song Believe for the movie The Polar Express. On the Oscars it was a duet with Beyonce (from Destiny's Child) He has also sung the song Remember from the movie Troy. You may have heard him on the radio singing To Where You Are, You're Still You or You Raise Me Up. His first tv "break" was a few years back on Allie McBeal. These are just a few of the songs he sings in English, he also sings in Italian, French and I think Latin. If you want you could always check out his website www.joshgroban.com

Sounds impressive.

Never seen him perform, I did watch Troy, but I didn't really pay attention to the songs (the movie was pretty darned bad). My pop-culture knowledge is just woefully inadequate I guess :D

I didn't watch the Oscars last night... "Another Stakeout" was on Encore. Much more entertaining IMHO.

mranderson
02-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Sounds impressive.

Never seen him perform, I did watch Troy, but I didn't really pay attention to the songs (the movie was pretty darned bad). My pop-culture knowledge is just woefully inadequate I guess :D

I didn't watch the Oscars last night... "Another Stakeout" was on Encore. Much more entertaining IMHO.

I had never heard of him until Kelley told me about him. She asked me to watch him sing last night, and I agreed since she is a huge fan of his. I was impressed with him. I have no doubt I will hear more of his music... And I look forward to it.

kellekokid
03-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Mr. Anderson, I knew you were a smart man from some of your other postings...and you proved it again! :respect:

Patrick
03-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Josh Groban is a pretty impressive tenor whoe become quite popular in the Adult Contemporary Genre. Delilah plays him regularly. His "You Raise Me Up" song has become very popular to use at weddings.

I think you can listen to several of his songs on his website. Check it out...www.joshgroban.com.

HFK
03-20-2005, 11:18 AM
A co-worker who went to the concert said that it was great. Chris Botti was the opening act: I've never heard of Groban, but I enjoy Botti's music very much. I'm sorry I missed the show, but I'd not even heard about it.

Where (besides OKCTalk) does everyone go to get OKC-area event information? I suppose the Gazette is a good resource, but I'm looking for something On-Line.

BTW, XM Radio's "Watercolors" channel was where I first heard Botti's music. It's a great station for light, smooth Jazz.

Karried
03-20-2005, 11:30 AM
The Ford Center website will tell you about all of the upcoming events at the Ford Center anyway .. which hosts most of the big names

http://www.okfordcenter.com/