View Full Version : MidFirst Bank

possumfritter
05-08-2010, 06:52 PM
I guess this is the best place to put this since MidFirst Bank helps me manage my money.

I have been at MidFirst over 10 years now. I received my monthly checking statement today and noticed they charged me $2.00 for sending me my regular monthly checking account statement.

Is this their way to try and force me to bank online?

Expect a phone call from me Monday morning MidFirst!

Easy180
05-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Do you get your checks back in your statement?

possumfritter
05-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Nope

gmwise
05-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Nope

PF,
Go to your local branch, tell them what you told us.
Explain there is OTHER options.
And using them is a choice that can change.
BUT be prepared to follow through.
Banks make more of their revenue from fees, then they do on interest on loans.

Midtowner
05-09-2010, 09:32 AM
If you or your spouse works for a large employer, ask about Corporate Club.

gmwise
05-09-2010, 09:38 AM
If you or your spouse works for a large employer, ask about Corporate Club.

duh..
I forgot to add that.
Thanks Mid

decepticobra
05-13-2010, 02:30 AM
banks are reknown for a laundry list of fees. stick with credit unions,

wsucougz
05-14-2010, 09:41 AM

Agreed. With a credit union, you own the institution(every dollar is a "share") and profits are disbursed back to the members through lower fees, etc.

mugofbeer
05-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Possum, all above are good suggestions but let me ask......

If you don't get your checks returned with your statement, you have a computer (WITH a printer?), tree killing issues aside, why not just print off the statement whenever you want to? I've done it for years with my financial company and I wouldn't go back.

Martin
05-14-2010, 11:15 AM
^
when printed from your printer does the statement look like what you would have gotten in the mail, though? just curious. -M

mugofbeer
05-14-2010, 12:13 PM
^
when printed from your printer does the statement look like what you would have gotten in the mail, though? just curious. -M

I'm sure it depends on the financial institution. Where my stuff is you have the choice of a PDF file which is identical to the statement or an HTML file which is more like looking at a MS Word document. I am sure some companies don't offer the choice while others do.

Easy180
05-14-2010, 07:36 PM
^

It is the same statement mmm at least at midfirst

Easy180
05-14-2010, 07:38 PM

Only if you enjoy 80's style Internet banking and two atm's.

wsucougz
05-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Only if you enjoy 80's style Internet banking and two atm's.

My credit union was way ahead of the curve on internet banking and I always get cash at 7-eleven because there are no atm fees and my bank doesn't tack on a fee, either. Also, it is part of a reciprocal credit union agreement so I can hit other CU ATMs and tellers with no fees. Haven't paid a BS fee since I left BOA 10 years ago. Also, my CU isn't even based in Oklahoma and I still haven't had to go out of my way for service.

bombermwc
05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm with wsu here....i've used a credit union for my banking as long as I've had a banking account. I won't say which one here, but they are far from stone age.

You've got online bill pay, e-statements (which you get a higher yield checking account for being a "click" user), free atm's with 7-11, credit union service center access so you get WAY better than bank hours to access your funds....ie after 5 on weekdays and afer noon on weekends...and even sundays. I can do loan applications, blah blah blah, anything you want is securely done online. Plus they have more distributed locations across the metro than ANY other institution.

bluedogok
05-18-2010, 07:12 PM
We are with a credit union here in Austin and for the most part the service is light years better than what I had at Bank One in OKC. We have all the same internet banking and branches all over Central Texas that most of the large banks have. Also, all the Austin areas credit unions have free ATM's for credit union members. I have a teachers credit union a half mile from my house and its ATM is free, no fee on either end of the transaction. My actual credit union by the house is about 2 miles away right behind Central Market, the main office is about the same distance from my office. I don't ever plan on going back to a "regular" bank.

Martin
05-18-2010, 08:02 PM
e-statements (which you get a higher yield checking account for being a "click" user)

so... is your cu's e-statement solution pdf based? if not, hat? do you use it/like it? -M

blangtang
12-01-2010, 12:23 AM
does midfirst give you any thing on savings or cds? i'm having trouble finding a local bank that pays anything on short term deposits. ive been looking at some online banks like ing or a couple others that dont charge atm fees, but i'd rather put my cash in a local that kept it circulating around these parts. the struggle is to get paid anything in interest. or at least break even by not being charged all kinds of fees. oh yeah, currently with BofA, would really like to see them implode.

jmarkross
12-01-2010, 04:33 AM
does midfirst give you any thing on savings or cds? i'm having trouble finding a local bank that pays anything on short term deposits. ive been looking at some online banks like ing or a couple others that dont charge atm fees, but i'd rather put my cash in a local that kept it circulating around these parts. the struggle is to get paid anything in interest. or at least break even by not being charged all kinds of fees. oh yeah, currently with BofA, would really like to see them implode.

NO banks give any interest nowadays...better invest in some antiques or maybe silver if you want to come out ahead...

Jethrol
12-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Bank of America never has charged me for my monthly statements. My checking account is a money market account that comes with free checks for the life of the account, online bill pay, and a whole bunch of other features like free debit card. I love it when I travel....zero ATM charges because they literally have branches open all over the country.

Now they're not perfect....they'll hammer you on your visa if you're late with a payment soo....don't be late. :)