View Full Version : Foot and Leg Cramps

possumfritter
05-08-2010, 09:13 AM
For well over a month now I have been having killer foot and/or leg cramps while sleeping. They usualy occur in the morning just as I am about to wake up. I am 58 years old and well within my weight guidelines with no major health issues (that I know of). I walk 5 miles in the mornings and evenings (the extent of my exercise regimen).

Anybody else ever have this problem?

gmwise
05-08-2010, 09:40 AM
For well over a month now I have been having killer foot and/or leg cramps while sleeping. They usualy occur in the morning just as I am about to wake up. I am 58 years old and well within my weight guidelines with no major health issues (that I know of). I walk 5 miles in the mornings and evenings (the extent of my exercise regimen).

Anybody else ever have this problem?

I use to get them.
I sent you a link to help you.

PennyQuilts
05-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Potassium. Lack of. Eat a banana. Get it checked out.

TaoMaas
05-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I used to get them even though I was eating a banana every day. What worked for me was drinking quinine water (tonic water). About that same time, I reduced the amount of sodium in my diet. I haven't had problems with leg cramps since.

possumfritter
05-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks! I do eat a banana, apple and orange almost everyday. I haven't used salt (added salt that is) in decades. I'll try the tonic water.

Penny...I'll call the VA on Monday and get an appt.

easternobserver
05-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Could be a sign of developing diabetes...

Peach fuzz
05-19-2010, 06:43 AM
Try to get a check up if you can. My gramps complained of similar problems and was later diagnosed with ALS (Motor neurons). You ever have restless legs? Thats also a possibility

PennyQuilts
05-19-2010, 07:01 AM
Try to get a check up if you can. My gramps complained of similar problems and was later diagnosed with ALS (Motor neurons). You ever have restless legs? Thats also a possibility

Restless legs syndrome is really annoying. Mom had it. My husband has it but he calls it crazy legs.

Peach fuzz
05-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Ya I get RLS every now and then... It makes me so angry because it always happens when I have important things the next day.. If that's possums problem then he should be fine, the meds that are issued for RLS are kind of addicting much like Ambian so I've heard so be careful.

rod4soonrs
05-19-2010, 09:16 AM
you will think this is crazy, but try it. Put a white bar of soap under your sheet at the bottom of the bed, it has to be white.

Bunty
05-20-2010, 06:33 PM
lol, So what else may doing that be good for? Getting rid of bed bugs? Or just use your imagination.