View Full Version : KD named all NBA 1st TEAM!!

okclee
05-06-2010, 01:03 PM
NBA.com: Best on offense (Durant), defense (Howard) pace All-NBA team (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/06/all.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt1)

Congrats to KD!

Jethrol
05-06-2010, 10:50 PM
That is awesome!! He beat out some really amazing players on the 2nd and 3rd teams.

Laramie
05-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Durant has a future ahead of him; as goes Durant–-so goes the Thunder. He doesn’t have a super veteran support players backing him up like:

1. LaBron James has with Mo Williams and Shaquille O’Neal.

2. Kobe Bryant has with Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and Ron Artest.

3. Deron Williams has with Carlos Boozer, C.J. Miles and Paul Millsap.

Give the Thunder time, we were patient with the Hornets and now we have a team of our own which are years ahead of
expectations.

Jethrol
05-09-2010, 11:45 PM
It's just like Jordan and Pippen in the 80s.....Jordan was outstanding but it took a lil time for the team to gel and then they were dominating. I see so many parallels with OKC right now. If Westbrook stays healthy and keeps doing what he was doing in the later games of this season, I think he'll easily be an all-star next year.

We need a dominant big man tho....I'm hoping Mullens will work out but so far he doesn't seem to be all that aggressive. Serge on the other hand was very impressive.

Laramie
05-10-2010, 11:38 AM
It's just like Jordan and Pippen in the 80s.....Jordan was outstanding but it took a lil time for the team to gel and then they were dominating. I see so many parallels with OKC right now. If Westbrook stays healthy and keeps doing what he was doing in the later games of this season, I think he'll easily be an all-star next year.

We need a dominant big man tho....I'm hoping Mullens will work out but so far he doesn't seem to be all that aggressive. Serge on the other hand was very impressive.

Hold up on free-agency, here is why(?):

Good point! We need to give Mullens more playing time as we did Serge Ibaka and I believe we will be alright.

Let's spend that money (under-the-cap) keeping our trio of Durant-Green-Westbrook together; they are our basketball supremes. They are developing a bond of playing together and knowing one another's moves through on-court chemisty.

They are our nucleus for expanding this team.

We need to be patient; Sam Presti will get us there. We've tasted blood and like sharks--we are hungry for more playoff success!

Oklahoma City has brighter days ahead in the NBA!

Patience, patience and more patience; soon we will be beating the Lakers and establishing a dynasty which Oklahoma City fan will so deservingly appreciate.

Jethrol
05-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Hold up on free-agency, here is why(?):

Good point! We need to give Mullens more playing time as we did Serge Ibaka and I believe we will be alright.

Let's spend that money (under-the-cap) keeping our trio of Durant-Green-Westbrook together; they are our basketball supremes. They are developing a bond of playing together and knowing one another's moves through on-court chemisty.

They are our nucleus for expanding this team.

We need to be patient; Sam Presti will get us there. We've tasted blood and like sharks--we are hungry for more playoff success!

Oklahoma City has brighter days ahead in the NBA!

Patience, patience and more patience; soon we will be beating the Lakers and establishing a dynasty which Oklahoma City fan will so deservingly appreciate.
I could not agree more. I'm just saying that I'm concerned about our bigs. I haven't seen much of Mullens but what I did see wasn't all that great....or maybe I just didn't catch the great plays he made.

We have quite a bit of room under the cap for next year.....well according to hoops hype but they always seem outdated. We're only sitting at a payroll of $40M right now.
HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Oklahoma City Thunder (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city.htm)