View Full Version : Downtown OKC Inc hires new VP of Marketing

metro
05-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Looks like this guy will be replacing Kim Searls.

Downtown OKC Inc. hires initial vice president of marketing and business development
OKCBiz Staff

Tom Verploegen Jane Jenkins, Downtown OKC Inc. president, announced April 26 that Tom Verploegen, an experienced practitioner of downtown management, was hired in the new position as vice-president of marketing and business development of Downtown OKC Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting, marketing and managing downtown revitalization. Verploegen will begin his new position May 7.

“I am pleased that we have been able to recruit Tom because of his extensive breadth and depth of downtown knowledge and his many successful downtown program experiences,” said Jenkins.

Verploegen has more than 30 years of downtown and city planning experience gained through his work in Mesa, Ariz.; his hometown of Pensacola, Fla.; and in the Pittsburgh, Penn., area.

“I became intrigued with downtown Oklahoma City’s progress, and upon further research and a thorough visit was overwhelmed by what has already been accomplished here and the many opportunities that could be capitalized upon in the future,” Verploegen said.

MikeOKC
05-04-2010, 12:48 PM
I've noticed their blog, news releases, have been dead. I didn't know Kim had left.

soonerguru
05-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Where did Kim go?

metro
05-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Kim Searls left a few months ago, haven't heard where she went, we vaguely touched the subject back in February:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/15275-downtown-okc-hires-new-president-3.html

FritterGirl
05-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Kim is currently enjoying some downtime but I'm sure will be back in the hunt soon.

Spartan
05-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I wonder what that means.

FritterGirl
05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
It means simply that after leaving Downtown OKC she found herself in the enviable position of not having to work for awhile. She's enjoyed some time off, took a much-deserved vacation, and is about to start looking for jobs again soon. Nothing more, nothing less.