View Full Version : Best Computer Parts Store in OKC area

demoman2k10
05-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Ok so we have established that Fry's isn't close to being in town. So where in town is the BEST computer PARTS store... Not the guy that FIXED your machine but best place to get your parts in town.

Yeah I know NewEGG.com and other online retailers but some times you don't have a week or day to wait when a mission critical system goes down.

So where do you go to get your EMERGENCY PARTS.

henrywc
05-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Ok so we have established that Fry's isn't close to being in town. So where in town is the BEST computer PARTS store... Not the guy that FIXED your machine but best place to get your parts in town.

Yeah I know NewEGG.com and other online retailers but some times you don't have a week or day to wait when a mission critical system goes down.

So where do you go to get your EMERGENCY PARTS.

Computer Connections -6607 North May Ave. Largest selection of parts, most knowledgeable personnel around OKC.

MadMonk
05-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Computer Connections -6607 North May Ave. Largest selection of parts, most knowledgeable personnel around OKC.
:yeahthat:
I don't always buy from there, but I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

MikeOKC
05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
I'd go to G&H. I've gone to Computer Connections and they've tried to take me for a ride everytime. Just my experience with them. Example: I went in about 3 or 4 months ago and wanted a cheap old 14" monitor - just an old CRT. The guy pointed to one on the ground and said, "I can give you that one for $75." I knew that everybody has tossed their CRT's and that was a ripoff. I found a CRT for $10 up the street and would you believe that was because I insisted on paying for it! They were going to give it to me just to take it off their hands saying they hope I'd come back "when I need something from the 21st century!" Big difference in doing business. That wasn't the first bad experience with Computer Connections so --- no more.

bluedogok
05-04-2010, 09:26 PM
When I lived in OKC it was G&H or Computer USA (on North MacArthur just north of NW 23rd Street) whenever I needed something immediately.

Jethrol
05-05-2010, 05:43 PM
My experience with Computer Connections....I bought a new CD Rom Drive, installed it and it was DOA. Returned it and they said, "We'll swap it for another one." However, while I was there picking up this replacement, I overheard them dealing with another customer and they were saying they would "have" to charge a 15% restocking fee.....yeah you're locally owned and you have to charge that fee? Riiiigggghht. So anyways, I got the new CD burner home and it was DOA also....as I'm repackaging it, I see a piece of paper in the box....pull it out only to find that it's a sales receipt for that CD Burner but it wasn't my sales receipt. I appears that they simply put another customers old dead one on the shelf and resold it.

15% restocking fee and they're going to sell previously used parts as new when they don't even work?!?!?! I'll never go back....there's no excuse for that.