View Full Version : Mother's Day

Thunder
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM
I have bought a couple of things for my mom. No card, yet.

Earlier, my Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition popped up saying that I can get the complete Internet Security Suite for FREE with one completed purchase thru TrialPay. It suggested flowers for mom.

So... I am looking at ProFlowers.com and would like some help. Which flowers last the longest? I kinda do not want to give her pink roses (even those she luv pink roses), I want to give something different.

ProFlowers.com is a trusted business?
Which flowers last longest?

With that covered, what is everyone getting for mom?

PennyQuilts
05-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Thunder, my kids have used Proflowers to send flowers to me and it has always been a good product, regardless of the type of flowers.

I wish I could give my mom flowers but she passed three years ago on Mother's Day Eve. But at least I have memories.

MsDarkstar
05-04-2010, 12:10 PM
I listen to KOMA radio on my way to work in the mornings & yesterday Linda Sykes, one of the morning show dj's, was talking about ordering flowers for Mother's Day. There was some kind of promotion going on where, if you ordered flowers, you could enter a coupon code for a discount. I'm pretty sure she was talking about proflowers.com but I can't remember what the code was. Her last name maybe? You could probably go to the KOMA website & find out, or send her an email through there and ask.

As far as what flowers to get, personally I think that stargazer lilies are beautiful & usually last a while. A "spring bouquet" mix will have a variety of flowers, some will last longer than others but those are nice because you can always pull out flowers as they die and still have some pretty ones left. Another option is getting her a potted flowering plant, like a potted cala lily. Those are pretty and it's something she'll have long after a fresh bouquet would die.

Thunder
05-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.

Penny, if it is okay for me to say this, you can still give her flowers at her resting location, which I would still do when that time comes for me.

PennyQuilts
05-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Thunder, that is a lovely thought. I don't know what I was thinking. Now that I am back home in Oklahoma, I will do just that! (she's buried here).