View Full Version : Noah's Ark Discovered Again

Bunty
04-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Will the world be prepared for it, if finally true this time? However, Turkey claims it's already been discovered, but buried, and has a national park around it with a visitor's center. Doubters claim it's only an attempt to make tourist dollars off a hoax.

Noah's Ark remains 'discovered' up a mountain in Turkey | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1269165/Noahs-Ark-remains-discovered-mountain-Turkey.html)

Kerry
04-28-2010, 01:24 PM
It would be remarkable if it was found but I suspect most, if not all, of the Ark was used up by Noah and his family in the time after the flood. They would have needed the wood for shelter and fire.

decepticobra
04-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Will the world be prepared for it, if finally true this time? However, Turkey claims it's already been discovered, but buried, and has a national park around it with a visitor's center. Doubters claim it's only an attempt to make tourist dollars off a hoax.

Noah's Ark remains 'discovered' up a mountain in Turkey | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1269165/Noahs-Ark-remains-discovered-mountain-Turkey.html)

Turkey is claiming this? Nah, thats just a bunch of Turkey bologna!!

now where in the world is that sacred grail???

venture
04-28-2010, 05:31 PM
It would be a great historical find. I'm sure the wood and soil samples around it would be able to give indications on just how wide spread of a flood occurred at the time and such.

possumfritter
04-28-2010, 07:05 PM
It would be remarkable if it was found but I suspect most, if not all, of the Ark was used up by Noah and his family in the time after the flood. They would have needed the wood for shelter and fire.

Kerry...That might be true, had they stayed there.

Kerry
04-29-2010, 05:45 AM
Kerry...That might be true, had they stayed there.

I guess that would depend on how fast the waters receeded. Your right though, it was a big boat so that would be a lot fires to use up the wood.

skyrick
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Did they find Santa's sleigh too?

PennyQuilts
04-29-2010, 12:02 PM

Okay, that's funny!! :yourock:

rcjunkie
04-29-2010, 06:54 PM

Yes they did, and Jimmy Hoff was at the reins and Elvis was his co-pilot.

Bunty
04-29-2010, 07:43 PM

Yeah, but in China. The elves at the North Pole went on strike, rather than take pay cuts. The North Pole became in turmoil. So Santa packed his sleigh and headed out to the magic land of the Chinese elves.

Bunty
04-29-2010, 08:09 PM
It's turned up now that the latest Noah's Ark find claim is possibly faked: Noah's Ark Found? Insider Randall Price Now Says Discovery May Be a Hoax - AOL News (http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/noahs-ark-found-insider-randall-price-now-says-discovery-may-be-a-hoax/19459208?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/noahs-ark-found-insider-randall-price-now-says-discovery-may-be-a-hoax/19459208)

Also the before mentioned site of Noah's ark where Turkey declared the area a national park and set up a visitor center, or at least did for a while, is also dismissed as unfounded, nothing more than a large rock formation dismissed as such:

A natural rock structure near Dogubayazit, Turkey, has been misidentified as Noah's Ark. Microscopic studies of a supposed iron bracket show that it is derived from weathered volcanic minerals. Supposed metal-braced walls are natural concentrations of limonite and magnetite in steeply inclined sedimentary layers in the limbs of a doubly plunging syncline. Supposed fossilized gopherwood bark is crinkled metamorphosed peridotite. Fossiliferous limestone, interpreted as cross cutting the syncline, preclude the structure from being Noah's Ark because these supposed "Flood" deposits are younger than the "Ark." Anchor stones at Kazan (Arzap) are derived from local andesite and not from Mesopotamia.

How this rock structure or "Noah's Ark" looks:

http://stillwaterweather.com/photos/ark.jpg

Caboose
04-29-2010, 08:37 PM
It's turned up now that the latest Noah's Ark find claim is possibly faked: Noah's Ark Found? Insider Randall Price Now Says Discovery May Be a Hoax - AOL News (http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/noahs-ark-found-insider-randall-price-now-says-discovery-may-be-a-hoax/19459208?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/noahs-ark-found-insider-randall-price-now-says-discovery-may-be-a-hoax/19459208)

Also the before mentioned site of Noah's ark where Turkey declared the area a national park and set up a visitor center, or at least did for a while, is also dismissed as unfounded, nothing more than a large rock formation dismissed as such:

A natural rock structure near Dogubayazit, Turkey, has been misidentified as Noah's Ark. Microscopic studies of a supposed iron bracket show that it is derived from weathered volcanic minerals. Supposed metal-braced walls are natural concentrations of limonite and magnetite in steeply inclined sedimentary layers in the limbs of a doubly plunging syncline. Supposed fossilized gopherwood bark is crinkled metamorphosed peridotite. Fossiliferous limestone, interpreted as cross cutting the syncline, preclude the structure from being Noah's Ark because these supposed "Flood" deposits are younger than the "Ark." Anchor stones at Kazan (Arzap) are derived from local andesite and not from Mesopotamia.

Well that didnt take long. Seems odd, yet somehow expected, that a group of evangelicals figured the best way to follow the Lord Jesus Christ was to tell a bold faced lie to all the world.

fuzzytoad
04-29-2010, 09:23 PM

Jimmy Hoff (born April 16, 1945 in Detroit, Michigan) is a former minor league baseball manager in the Cincinnati Reds organization and current minor league field coordinator for the Tampa Bay Rays.

I don't get your point rcjunkie...

Prunepicker
04-29-2010, 09:24 PM
I keep it in my shed. After all, I'm Santa.

gmwise
04-29-2010, 09:28 PM
I remember the TV series "In search of...".
And there was a actually movie showing the "quest" for Noah's Ark.
Turkey, has a mountain name Ar-at,but there's been a disagreement if that was the Biblical one, as there seems to be 2, one in Turkey, one in what is now independent Armenia.
It shouldnt discourage someones faith if this turns out to be another mistake.
Nor, should this be a basis of someones' faith.

gmwise
04-29-2010, 09:30 PM

Hoffa, is in a stadium, entombed.
Elvis runs the C-Store across from it.

Prunepicker
04-29-2010, 09:41 PM
I remember the TV series "In search of..."
And there was a actually movie showing the "quest" for Noah's Ark.
Turkey, has a mountain name Ar-at,but there's been a disagreement if that
was the Biblical one, as there seems to be 2, one in Turkey, one in what is
now independent Armenia.
I watched that show on occasion. It was very interesting

It shouldn't discourage someones faith if this turns out to be another mistake.
Nor, should this be a basis of someones' faith.
How true!

possumfritter
04-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Elvis, Howard and Michael are all in Vegas singing Danke Schoen...and Hoffa, he can still be found around Soldier Field.

As for Noah's Ark...wasn't there a Texas Millionaire digging around that mountain?

skyrick
04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Elvis, Howard and Michael are all in Vegas singing Danke Schoen...and Hoffa, he can still be found around Soldier Field.

As for Noah's Ark...wasn't there a Texas Millionaire digging around that mountain?

I thought Indiana Jones found it.

kevinpate
04-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Noah's Ark is an aged, and slightly dusty, pinewood derby car. It sits on a nearby shelf.

gmwise
04-30-2010, 10:32 PM
I thought Indiana Jones found it.

Thats the Ark of the Covenant...

Not Noahs' Ark...

Luke
04-30-2010, 10:35 PM
What about Joan of Arc? Was she like Noah's daughter?

rcjunkie
05-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Jimmy Hoff (born April 16, 1945 in Detroit, Michigan) is a former minor league baseball manager in the Cincinnati Reds organization and current minor league field coordinator for the Tampa Bay Rays.

I don't get your point rcjunkie...

I will type slower next time so you can understand!!

Matt
05-01-2010, 02:29 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/20z4l0n.jpg

skyrick
05-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Thats the Ark of the Covenant...

Not Noahs' Ark...

Duh..