View Full Version : LA Times: Lakers Toast

Kerry
04-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Interesting article inthe LA Times this morning. They seem to think the Lakers don't have what it takes to keep up with the Thunder.

Kobe Bryant and the Lakers may not have the legs left to stand tall - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-heisler-lakers-20100426,0,5114064.column)

With Bryant's right knee, not to mention his broken finger, still bothering him, the Lakers look as if they're ready to be taken out by the Thunder.

Lakers: Toast.

Even tied, 2-2, with home-court advantage intact, they're browned on both sides with their crust trimmed off, spread with butter and jelly and just waiting to be devoured by the Thunder or whoever they play next, unless Kobe Bryant turns back into Kobe Bryant.

jstaylor62
04-26-2010, 07:24 AM
The young, thin Thunder are exploiting the older, heavier Lakers. Great strategy by Brooks to make the Laker's mouth breathers suffer!

BEAT L.A.!

ddavidson8
04-26-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm so sick about hearing how Kobe isn't 100%. Please. The reports on Sunday morning were that he was pouting because Jackson told him to take smarter shots and not be a hero. So he didn't shot the ball to prove a point. What a baby.

Kerry
04-26-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm so sick about hearing how Kobe isn't 100%. Please. The reports on Sunday morning were that he was pouting because Jackson told him to take smarter shots and not be a hero. So he didn't shot the ball to prove a point. What a baby.

Kobe is just one player though. Gasol only had 13 points (the team leader) and he got 8 of those in the first 4 minutes. Was the whole team trying to prove a point?

workman45
04-26-2010, 08:12 AM
They just got out played and now here come the excuses. Wonder what they're going to say after we beat them Tuesday in LA.

Kerry
04-26-2010, 08:24 AM
They just got out played and now here come the excuses. Wonder what they're going to say after we beat them Tuesday in LA.

Oh ****!

earlywinegareth
04-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Kobe walking out of the arena early speaks volumes.

TaoMaas
04-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Kobe walking out of the arena early speaks volumes.

Yes, it does. I think he was disgusted and he knows that if the Lakers don't get serious and play as a team, the Thunder are going to take this series. I think Kobe looks at the Thunder and sees himself 13 years ago...young, hungry, full of talent, and unafraid.

BigBadBen
04-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Tomorrow's game will be telling.
I would not be surprised to see LA come out guns blazing.

But, this Thunder team has grown up a lot since game 1. They know what it feels like to win now, and I think they want it more.

jstaylor62
04-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Tomorrow's game will be telling.
I would not be surprised to see LA come out guns blazing.

But, this Thunder team has grown up a lot since game 1. They know what it feels like to win now, and I think they want it more.

The water has been chummed with Laker blood! The momentum and hunger for winning this series has totally shifted to the Thunder.

OKC@heart
04-26-2010, 09:56 AM
I agree that I fully expect an all out assault tomorrow night against the Thunder from both the Lakers and their fans. It will be a hostile environment and a great test of out teams maturity and dedication to their game plan. I am so hopeful that they can remain un deterred by any distraction and that they silence the crowd and stun them. This is what the playoffs are all about! I can't wait! I hope the team is well rested and ready for work!

GO THUNDER!!! GO OKC!!! BEAT LA!!!

jstaylor62
04-26-2010, 10:20 AM
I agree that I fully expect an all out assault tomorrow night against the Thunder from both the Lakers and their fans. It will be a hostile environment and a great test of out teams maturity and dedication to their game plan. I am so hopeful that they can remain un deterred by any distraction and that they silence the crowd and stun them. This is what the playoffs are all about! I can't wait! I hope the team is well rested and ready for work!

GO THUNDER!!! GO OKC!!! BEAT LA!!!

The Laker fans are whimps! Those celebrities do not stand up and yell until they loose their voice. There are to many luxury boxes at the Staple Center and not enough seats for screaming fans. The Laker fans to fear the most are the thug and and rioting goons outside that cant afford a ticket to the game.

BEAT L.A.!

Kerry
04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
The Laker fans are whimps! Those celebrities do not stand up and yell until they loose their voice. There are to many luxury boxes at the Staple Center and not enough seats for screaming fans.

I have heard that complaint from Lakers fans before. The Staples Center was not built for home court advantage. I just don't see Jack Nicholson jumping up and down and yelling.

earlywinegareth
04-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Another article from the Times giving props to Thunder team AND fans:

Thunder has the Lakers beat on the court and in the stands - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers-20100425,0,2631556.column)

Northsider
04-26-2010, 12:09 PM
LOL Kobe got caught smoking in the Ford Center after the game his ass should have got a fine for that !!!!!!

Thunder
04-26-2010, 12:10 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kHa2Bi3YnmM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kHa2Bi3YnmM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

skyrick
04-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Interesting article inthe LA Times this morning. They seem to think the Lakers don't have what it takes to keep up with the Thunder.

Kobe Bryant and the Lakers may not have the legs left to stand tall - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-heisler-lakers-20100426,0,5114064.column)

Lovin' it long distance from TX! Go Thunder!

OSUMom
04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
I have heard that complaint from Lakers fans before. The Staples Center was not built for home court advantage. I just don't see Jack Nicholson jumping up and down and yelling.

Well, I do have to say, just me of course, but I would find Jack Nickleson on the sidelines to be very intimidating. He might be the nicest guy in the world fo0r all I know, but he scares me. :icon_evil

mugofbeer
04-26-2010, 05:59 PM
I absolutely EXPECT the Lakers to be on fire and I expect their crowd to try and show ours isn't the only one who can intimidate an opposing team. The Thunder can't relax or let up one tiny bit. The Lakers didn't get to their #1 seed by just "being the Lakers."

kevinpate
04-26-2010, 06:30 PM
LOL Kobe got caught smoking in the Ford Center after the game his ass should have got a fine for that !!!!!!

Nah, different rules apply for folks based out of Cali.
Ms. Alba dinna catch a lot of grief for her silliness either as I recall.

Not saying it's right, because if Freddie the Fan had lit up inside, he probably woulda been ticketed, matching t-shirt notwithstanding.

jbrown84
04-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Ms. Alba dinna catch a lot of grief for her silliness either as I recall.

Actually she was fined and she also got ridiculed in the national press.