View Full Version : What Businesses Would You Like To See Here?

Pages : [1] 2

Jethrol
04-25-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm curious....what businesses would you like to see pop up here in OKC.

A few come to my mind like Fry's Electronics and In and Out Burgers.

What others would you like to see here?

SOONER8693
04-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Disney World The Midlands

Jesseda
04-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Disneyland mid-america, they can use the old crossroads property for the rersort hotels the large patch of land between 240 santafe and eastern all the way to 89ths for the themeparks
also

large outlet mall
rainforest cafe
wick-n-sticks
in-n-out
fiesta grocery store
costcos

Golfer
04-25-2010, 11:29 AM
I would like to see a Whole Foods store and a Costco store because I keeping hearing a lot good things about both of them.

Jethrol
04-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Disney World The Midlands
I had not even considered theme parks but now that you mention it....that would be quite nice.

jonno
04-25-2010, 02:25 PM
A Crate and Barrel would be nice

IKEA... yeah I know its probably a pipe dream.

skyrick
04-25-2010, 02:29 PM
What, no Central Market? It's way above Whole Foods.

rondvu
04-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Z Gallerie and Restoration Hardware would be great businesses in Midtown.

calitook
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Trader Joe's
Crate and Barrel
Cost Plus World Market
Anthropologie
Container Store
Nordstrom
H&M
Lamps Plus
In N Out (for hubbie)
LA Fitness/24 Hour Fitness or another big chain gym

stratosphere
04-25-2010, 06:47 PM
White castle

jbrown84
04-25-2010, 08:39 PM
REI
Whole Foods
Central Market
IKEA
Five Guys Burgers & Fries
Crate & Barrel
Restoration Hardware
Nordstrom

NickFiggins
04-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Kroger or Safeway, seriously for the most part our grocery selection is a race to the bottom led by Walmart. OKC is one of the most dominated markets by WalMart just behind Tulsa. Compared to Dallas/Houston our selection is horrid, and I am not talking about WF/Central market,

mugofbeer
04-25-2010, 10:42 PM
I'd be happy to see Tom Thumb and Whole Foods - nice ones, not abbreviated versions. Some more financial services options. Crate & Barrell and Restoration Hdware. I'll 2nd Five Guys Burgers - I am in Denver now and I think I will get one tomorrow.

ddavidson8
04-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Randall's/Kroger/HEB and Central Market. Big time national fitness chain would be nice too. Get those and I would really want to move home.

metro
04-26-2010, 08:15 AM
These

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/18699-businesses-other-states-you-wish-would-locate-here.html

ljbab728
04-26-2010, 10:06 PM
These

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/18699-businesses-other-states-you-wish-would-locate-here.html

lol, how quickly they forget, Metro.

gen70
04-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Sambos....

MikeOKC
04-27-2010, 09:37 AM
These

Metro, I know you like to see things added to old threads. Most city forums (most forums) have a 6 month - 1 year lock on threads; meaning, you can't even post if you wanted to in an old thread. To me, this just makes sense. Too many things change and something can be posted in the middle of an old thread that is totally irrelevant today (a store has come to town, etc.). A new thread started nearly a year later on the same subject should hardly be referred to a year old thread. Things change too fast. As it is now, we see 2 year old threads resurrected by a single post, pushed to the top and everybody is answering the original poster not realizing it's a 2 year old thread. I wish OKCTalk was like most forums and we'd see threads auto-locked at X number of months.

metro
04-27-2010, 09:38 AM
MikeOKC, it's just that this EXACT same topic gets brought up about every month or two, not every year or two. That is what ljbab and I were hinting at.

MikeOKC
04-27-2010, 09:49 AM
MikeOKC, it's just that this EXACT same topic gets brought up about every month or two, not every year or two. That is what ljbab and I were hinting at.

You're right about this topic. No question. Maybe I used the wrong thread to make my point. But it wasn't too long ago, you pointed somebody to a thread that was almost 2 years old. If threads were auto-locked at one year, the one you're talking about today would still be open, so it was a bad example on my part. Autolocking also winnows the threads down as all those old threads, that currently get bumped to the top by one post, are archived and no longer taking up space in the thread lines. That way we know that every single post on the first 20 or so pages were posted within the past year. As you can tell, unless I'm searching and researching, I hate to see old threads (and many times old arguments) get bumped to the top for another round.

pickles
04-27-2010, 09:52 AM
A decent grocery store.

icecold
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Every business that Tulsa has that OKC doesnt, obviously.

earlywinegareth
04-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Cabela's

Soonerman
04-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Dicks Sporting Goods

metro
04-28-2010, 02:27 PM
A decent grocery store.:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Dustin
04-28-2010, 03:31 PM
A decent grocery store.

Homeland on May and Britton! Its the best homeland in the state! They keep everything stocked and I love their pickle and olive bar!

fuzzytoad
04-28-2010, 03:34 PM
pickle and olive bar!

that sounds.....disturbing

maybe I've got the wrong impression though... pics?

G.Walker
04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
A Boston Market will do good in suburbs like Norman and Edmond.

A Jack In The Box will do good in Bricktown, its good hangover food!

A Pappadeux's will also do really well in the Penn Square/Chesapeake Area.

A Dave & Buster's will do really well in Bricktown.

MikeOKC
04-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Homeland on May and Britton! Its the best homeland in the state! They keep everything stocked and I love their pickle and olive bar!

I have to agree with you. It's easily the best grocery store in the city. Always extremely clean, well stocked, good people. I've been told they call that location their "Flagship Store" and use it as a model. Unfortunately, a lot of Homeland locations come nowhere close to that location in just about every area.

Dustin
04-28-2010, 03:53 PM
I have to agree with you. It's easily the best grocery store in the city. Always extremely clean, well stocked, good people. I've been told they call that location their "Flagship Store" and use it as a model. Unfortunately, a lot of Homeland locations come nowhere close to that location in just about every area.

Yup! I think they even have more specialty cheeses than Forward Foods. Lol. They have that giant wall next to the entrance just packed out with cheese!

Soonerman
04-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Reasors

Larry OKC
04-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Thought we had Reasors (or was it someone else) that took over half the Albertsons with Homeland taking the other half? ANyway, Reasors or whomever it was have already left I think (rest became Homelands).

You know what they say about Oklahoma (weather, grocery stores, banks) if you don't like it, wait 15 minutes and it will change. LOL

ShiroiHikari
04-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Central Market, Central Market, and Central Market.

soonerguru
04-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Yup! I think they even have more specialty cheeses than Forward Foods. Lol. They have that giant wall next to the entrance just packed out with cheese!

No, they don't.

jbrown84
05-03-2010, 08:43 PM
A Jack In The Box will do good in Bricktown, its good hangover food!

My friend told me they announced on their site several locations for OKC, but I can't find that on their website.

Larry OKC
05-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Check the jack in the Box thread for the locations: http://www.okctalk.com/food-restaurants/18219-jack-box-2.html
Page 2, post #26 (by Metro)

megax11
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Things I would like to see in OKC, namely southside.

Lego store
Hollister
Buckle
Abercrombie & Fitch
Jack in the Box
Dairy Queen
Peter Piper Pizza
Incredible Pizza (southside)
Fry's
Gamestop (outside of Crossroads; southside)
Warren Theatre (southside)

I'd also like bigger amusement parks, wether Frontier City does it or not. If not, give us a Six Flags.

BG918
05-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Thought we had Reasors (or was it someone else) that took over half the Albertsons with Homeland taking the other half? ANyway, Reasors or whomever it was have already left I think (rest became Homelands).

You know what they say about Oklahoma (weather, grocery stores, banks) if you don't like it, wait 15 minutes and it will change. LOL

Pretty sure it was Williams that took over several of the Albertson's in the OKC metro, are they now Homeland? The only ones I can think of were in NW OKC. The two Albertson's in Norman became Homeland's and have gone downhill since with the one on Robinson better than the one on Alameda. Reasor's operates in NE Oklahoma with several stores in the Tulsa area. They are better than Homeland, IMO, and would be a good addition to OKC. It's not Safeway, HEB, Kroger, Central Market, etc. but close and probably the best full-service non-specialty grocery in Oklahoma. I'd argue the new Reasor's in Jenks is the nicest grocery store in the state.

Larry OKC
05-05-2010, 12:34 AM
BG918: you are correct, Williams did take over about half of the OKC stores with Homeland taking over the other half. Not sure why I had Reasor's (or some store starting with "R") in my head other than they did reportedly took over 1 Albertsons location in the Tulsa area.

SoonerQueen
05-05-2010, 12:42 AM
1.Village Inn Pancake House
2.Bob Evan's Restaurant
3.In and Out Burgers
4.bring back Carrabba's Italian
5, Costco's
6.Whole Foods
7. Shoney's Restaurant

Larry OKC
05-05-2010, 01:19 AM
^^^
some of those have come and gone (Village Inn & Shoneys) and Dairy Queens (mentioned by another) used to be all over the place then they slowly closed down. There were a couple of Dairy Queens that opened up in new buildings a about 5 years ago (?), but as far as I can tell, they vanished (Midwest City and Edmond).

Doesn't mean they can't come back though ... thinking of IHOP & Panchos (both had locations a long time ago, left, then came back.

BG918
05-05-2010, 12:04 PM
BG918: you are correct, Williams did take over about half of the OKC stores with Homeland taking over the other half. Not sure why I had Reasor's (or some store starting with "R") in my head other than they did reportedly took over 1 Albertsons location in the Tulsa area.

Reasor's expansion into OKC would be great, their new stores are excellent and would be the closest thing to the Central Market's and HEB's people rave about down south, without the beer/wine selection of course. They are very popular in Tulsa and provide a nice alternative to Homeland, Food Pyramid, and Walmart/Target.

Peach fuzz
05-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Taco del mar, 5 guys, in and out, jack in the box, fuddermuckers like in tulsa, spangels heh

sroberts24
BRING BACK THE VARSITY!!!!! PahLease!

Downtowner405
Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville on the Bricktown Canal! :woowoo:

metro
05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
5 guys burger is the bomb Peach Fuzz, Fuddruckers was supposed to come and build 2 locations about 3 years ago but flaked out, they used to be back here in the day and left.

Varsity? why when we have RePUBlic now!

Spartan
05-05-2010, 02:38 PM
I could use a Restoration Hardware, Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and Saks.. to be honest, I've never got anything from UO that I liked..let alone that lasted longer than 4 months.

One of my favorite stores in all of Oklahoma is the Stillwater Summit Co in Downtown Stillwater (of all places), and I haven't been able to find another place in OK with a cool local flavor that sells North Face/Patagonia/Marmot/Kavu/etc..I'm not even aware of a place in OKC or Tulsa that sells real athletic wear.

Here's their website..
Stillwater Summit Co. (http://stillwatersummitco.com/)

Not sure if it would be as successful in OKC as in a college town, but it would be more convenient for me.

metro
05-05-2010, 03:28 PM
FYI, Summit has a store in DT Edmond, it's been there for some time too.

http://www.edmondsummitco.com/

Ralph Lauren, you can get it everywhere, Macy's, Dillards, etc. Restoration Hardware would be nice, but how often does one shop there really? Pottery Barn has similar stuff. Sak's, I never shop there. H&M would be my first wish after WF is open, although Dallas doesn't even have one yet, so I doubt we'll get one first.

Spartan
05-05-2010, 05:02 PM
The Edmond store focuses too much on hiking gear, less on other athletic gear and clothes. You can get decent Ralph Lauren at Dillard's, but definitely not Macy's..unfortunately the selection pales compared to a RL Store and beyond the basic polos and tees, they don't really carry any of the cooler stuff RL comes out with that is more geared toward the younger demographic.

betts
05-06-2010, 09:39 AM
I'd like a Ralph Lauren Rugby store here. Backwoods has a bunch of the brands mentioned. I haven't been to the Red Coyote at CC but I believe they have atletic gear, just don't know what kind.

jdcf
05-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Einstein Brothers

Spartan
05-06-2010, 10:43 AM
I'd like a Ralph Lauren Rugby store here. Backwoods has a bunch of the brands mentioned. I haven't been to the Red Coyote at CC but I believe they have atletic gear, just don't know what kind.

The regular line of RL stores actually cover a TON of the Rugby stuff. I'm not sure if we'd be able to get a Rugby-exclusive store though, because they tend to keep those in cities on par with LA/Houston/Dallas/DC/Boston/etc.

Proud Daddy
05-10-2010, 07:45 AM
California Pizza Kitchen and Sprinkles Cupcakes (for dessert after that awesome pizza!)

bigjkt405
05-24-2010, 02:38 PM
I would love to bring a Five Guys Burger place here to OKC....

okclee
05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Have you sent them an email?

If so what did they say?

Popsy
05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
I would also vote for the Five Guys Burgers. Do not care for their fries, but the Burgers were great.

bigjkt405
05-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Have you sent them an email?

If so what did they say?

They are franchising all over the place now. They have a location in Dallas now also. I was in Columbus, OH last week for a conference and they have several. Previously I believe they were really on the east coast (DC was the first place I had it).

metro
05-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Nah, I had them in Colorado, I'm pretty sure they have more out west as well.

bigjkt405
05-25-2010, 07:52 AM
metro.. for the first 15 years or so... Five Guys only operated in DC, VA, and Maryland... That is what I was referring to. The have expanded like crazy the last 5-10 years...

sgt. pepper
05-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Five Guys Burgers

Don't they have to open a restaurant in Tulsa first before opening one in OKC?