View Full Version : Game 4 - WOW

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 09:13 PM
We're leading by 13 at the 1/2 and Kobe picks up his 3rd foul within the first minute of the 3rd period. Artest also with 3.....this could be a destruction in the making.

Anyone else watching?

mugofbeer
04-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh, yes.
64-49

mugofbeer
04-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Those folks in Seattle must be hating basketball life right now......

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Wow...Pau clotheslined Collison when Collison had the ball and no call.

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Those folks in Seattle must be hating basketball life right now......
I honestly couldn't care less. Every city that loses a team claims that their team was stolen.

gen70
04-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Oh yeah..81-61..

mugofbeer
04-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Still a looooooong quarter to go.....

gen70
04-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Loud Town..Doing it tonight!!!

gen70
04-24-2010, 10:04 PM
I am sooo proud of the Loud Town Crowd tonight.

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah...this has been a very good game. As much as I like a blowout like this, I also loved the game on Thursday night more. That has to rank as one of my all time favorite games of ever...for any team....in any sport. Simply awesome!!

gen70
04-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Who is Kobe Bryant??

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Who is Kobe Bryant??
He's that dude you saw walking to the locker room with 5+ mins left in the game.

gen70
04-24-2010, 10:23 PM
He's that dude you saw walking to the locker room with 5+ mins left in the game. Durant got my respect when he said "It's a 7 game series."

adaniel
04-24-2010, 10:24 PM
WOW indeed.

I'm in Denver right now and I'm so pissed I'm missing probably the biggest party in OKC history! Also, on that note I'm hoping that no burning couches and overturned police cars plauge Bricktown tonight.

Seeing Kobe squirm totally made my night tonight.

bluedogok
04-24-2010, 10:27 PM
WOW indeed.

I'm in Denver right now and I'm so pissed I'm missing probably the biggest party in OKC history! Also, on that note I'm hoping that no burning couches and overturned police cars plauge Bricktown tonight.

Looks like the Avs season is going to end tonite...

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Durant got my respect when he said "It's a 7 game series."
Yep....game 5 will be difficult but just think if we win that one. The Lakers might not even show up for game 6. lol

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 10:30 PM
WOW indeed.

They're saying downtown is packed! Arts Festival is here and there was also a Redhawks game. Bricktown is packed...you know it's a party going on down there.

gen70
04-24-2010, 10:36 PM
If the Thunder plays the rest of the games like they did tonight they will go all the way. They were awesome. Party on OKC!

OSUMom
04-24-2010, 10:36 PM
When the announcer made the comment that by now in most blow out games people would be leaving to get to their cars before everyone else my husband looked at me and said "Even after the game they aren't going to their cars. They are going to walk right on down to Bricktown!" I bet it is crazy there.

adaniel
04-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Looks like the Avs season is going to end tonite...

Between that, the Tim Tebow pick by the Bronco's, and the Nuggets thrashing by Utah I've seen nothing but mopey faces in the Mile High City. Will definitely be glad to get back to OKC tommorow to join the party.

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 10:46 PM
When the announcer made the comment that by now in most blow out games people would be leaving to get to their cars before everyone else my husband looked at me and said "Even after the game they aren't going to their cars. They are going to walk right on down to Bricktown!" I bet it is crazy there.
I know right....this is just awesome! It's so awesome to be living here in OKC right now. So many good things happening!!!

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Westbrook and Durant interview on FSOK right now.

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Westbrook is a straight up PIMP!

Thunder
04-24-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm now officially a Thunder fan! :LolLolLol

gen70
04-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Durant seems to be a very aware person right now.

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 10:54 PM
wow...check out the crowd. They're doing a lot of the post game outside and the fans are going crazy!! It's awesome!!

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I would totally buy this T-Shirt if OKC was listed on top. WTF? lol
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-57874689804311_2103_10788714

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I did buy this one!!
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-57874689804311_2103_10163961

bluedogok
04-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Between that, the Tim Tebow pick by the Bronco's, and the Nuggets thrashing by Utah I've seen nothing but mopey faces in the Mile High City. Will definitely be glad to get back to OKC tommorow to join the party.
Yeah, my expectations next season are still low for the Broncos, pretty much what they were last season. We went to the season opener for the Avs (against the Sharks), they also had the Joe Sakic retirement ceremony that night. We went to the Broncos-Cowboys game the following Sunday. I am a Denver (and Boston) sports fan but was never much of a Nuggets fan. For the NBA the hometown team replaced the adopted team of the Mavericks. I went to some Mavericks games when I lived there and were horrible, most of the time the tickets were free back then. I followed them until the Thunder arrived.

If they somehow make it further and play the Spurs, we will be headed down there for a game, even living just an hour away from San Antonio I still haven't been to a game down there.

workman45
04-24-2010, 11:55 PM
IT WAS AWSOME TONIGHT!!The crowd was great, it was so loud. I hung around the Ford center for a while, then took my time getting back to the car. I was on the roof of the EK Gaylord garage and didn't get off until midnight. Since I wasn't going anywhere in a hurry I decided to get out and watch the party from the roof. I can testify it's in full swing.
GO THUNDER!!!

gen70
04-25-2010, 12:10 AM
IT WAS AWSOME TONIGHT!!The crowd was great, it was so loud. I hung around the Ford center for a while, then took my time getting back to the car. I was on the roof of the EK Gaylord garage and didn't get off until midnight. Since I wasn't going anywhere in a hurry I decided to get out and watch the party from the roof. I can testify it's in full swing.
GO THUNDER!!! Amen..brother!!!

Andrew4OU
04-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Here's a video I took about 30 minutes after the game. People running into the streets to high-five people in their vehicles, BEAT L-A! chants everywhere, horns honking, etc... in one word: MAYHEM!

OKz3BPyPKXM

Dustin
04-25-2010, 02:43 AM
Here's a video I took about 30 minutes after the game. People running into the streets to high-five people in their vehicles, BEAT L-A! chants everywhere, horns honking, etc... in one word: MAYHEM!

OKz3BPyPKXM

Uh. May. Zing! :omg:

Jethrol
04-25-2010, 07:33 AM

OKz3BPyPKXM
Oh man...that's soo cool!! I love it!

TaoMaas
04-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Who is Kobe Bryant??

He's the type of enemy that nobody in the NBA wants. lol Except...I get the feeling that Kobe is really a Thunder fan, not an enemy. I think he sees the Thunder and remembers when he first entered the league...and he recognizes that this is just the beginning for the Thunder.

so1rfan
04-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Imagine how OKC is going to be after game six when we beat LA to finish the series.

Jethrol
04-25-2010, 12:31 PM
He's the type of enemy that nobody in the NBA wants. lol Except...I get the feeling that Kobe is really a Thunder fan, not an enemy. I think he sees the Thunder and remembers when he first entered the league...and he recognizes that this is just the beginning for the Thunder.
Yeah if you listen to his comments closely, he recognizes the talent and ability in our players and our team as a whole. I heard, but I didn't see the interview, that back in the regular season he said something like, "OKC is a really scary team and most people underestimate how good they really are right now."

I think the last 10 games of the regular season showed how we can be unbelievably dangerous (76ers, Celtics and Dallas will all attest to that) and how our youth seems to make us make mistakes (LA, Utah and Portland are evidence of this).

IMO the fact that we made the playoffs is enough for me. I mean 2 wins are spectacular and I'm loving our winning streak and hope we take the championship. However, there's simply no denying that this has been an outstanding season....no matter what.

metro
04-26-2010, 02:10 PM
I am sooo proud of the Loud Town Crowd tonight.

Loud CITY

Durant got my respect when he said "It's a 7 game series."

Yes, very classy. A PR coach couldn't have coached him better on that statement.

TaoMaas
04-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Does it irk anyone else that the national announcers seem so freaked out that the Thunder could beat the Lakers like this? We've played the Lakers tough all season, so Game 4 really shouldn't be such a shocker to folks. They've blown us out once, we've blown them out twice, and the other 5 games have been nail-biters.

metro
04-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Less TV revenue if we win.

Jethrol
04-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Does it irk anyone else that the national announcers seem so freaked out that the Thunder could beat the Lakers like this? We've played the Lakers tough all season, so Game 4 really shouldn't be such a shocker to folks. They've blown us out once, we've blown them out twice, and the other 5 games have been nail-biters.
It doesn't irk me at all and it's quite understandable.

At one point last year we were 3 and 29 or something like that. We ended the season 23 and 57 I think? While the Lakers won the championship. Kobe was MVP of something right? Playoffs or season...I don't remember but I know he won some personal award.

For us to be in the playoffs was a HUGE turnaround. To be playing the Lakers as well as we are, awesome. To have the poise and composure that our players have been displaying...well that's very impressive.

mugofbeer
04-26-2010, 10:51 PM
An LA win = higher ratings. It definitely freaks out the network brass.

Jethrol
04-26-2010, 10:58 PM
I dunno man....we Americans always seem to love the underdogs. I think the Thunder winning the series and perhaps even making it to the championships would be awesome for ratings and IMO better for ratings than if the Lakers win.

mugofbeer
04-26-2010, 11:04 PM
I guaranty you, network brass prays for LA, NY, Boston, or Chicago. Exceptions? If one team has a beloved superstar like LeBron, so Cleveland is added to the list. Durant may get there but I don't know that he has captured the imagination of the basketball-watching nation the way LeBron has. Network nightmare? Something like Milwaukee and OKC in the championiship (maybe they can't meet but if not, you get my point). Hey, it doesn't mean I'm not rooting for the Thunder!

Luke
04-27-2010, 06:11 AM
I wish I could be there.

I'll be cheering on the Thunder tonight... from my couch. :(

GO THUNDER!

Kerry
04-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Even my wife is getting in on the Thunder (and OKC sports in general). If it wasn't OU football she generally wasn't interested. She was actually upset the other night the Yard Dogz and Thunder were on TV at the same time.

OSUMom
04-27-2010, 04:07 PM
I dunno man....we Americans always seem to love the underdogs. I think the Thunder winning the series and perhaps even making it to the championships would be awesome for ratings and IMO better for ratings than if the Lakers win.

Yeah, America loves a Cinderella story.

OKC@heart
04-27-2010, 04:28 PM
All I know is that I really hope that our team is on fire tonight! I know they will face a very resolute and determined lakers team that absolutely does not want nor can afford to lose this game.

I would love nothing better than to destroy the lakers at their home tonight and hear the crickets and watch the stands empty out after the third quarter

Then to finish the series in OKC! ...what a dream for the city! Lets hope it comes true!

GO Thunder!!!!

Jethrol
04-27-2010, 05:05 PM
All I know is that I really hope that our team is on fire tonight! I know they will face a very resolute and determined lakers team that absolutely does not want nor can afford to lose this game.

I would love nothing better than to destroy the lakers at their home tonight and hear the crickets and watch the stands empty out after the third quarter

Then to finish the series in OKC! ...what a dream for the city! Lets hope it comes true!

GO Thunder!!!!
:LolLolLol:woowoo:

That would be so awesome!!

Kerry
04-27-2010, 07:19 PM

You better check with the LA fans on that comment. They are convinced Stern wants LA out of the playoffs and cite the number of times the Thunder are getting to the free throw line (and the Lakers lack of) as proof.