View Full Version : Great Night Downtown!

lasomeday
04-24-2010, 08:00 PM
I went downtown for the Arts Festival and downtown is overflowing. There is no parking even at Bass Pro! It is awesome! There were people everywhere! So many events in one night.

NBA Playoffs against the Lakers
Redhawks game
Arts Festival

I took a few pictures, because I felt like I was in Chicago.

gen70
04-24-2010, 08:12 PM
I went downtown for the Arts Festival and downtown is overflowing. There is no parking even at Bass Pro! It is awesome! There were people everywhere! So many events in one night.

NBA Playoffs against the Lakers
Redhawks game
Arts Festival

Once again..I wish I could be there. It's a great thing going on. Go Thunder!!

mugofbeer
04-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Its going to be a wild night down there is the game stays like it is now, 36-24!

gen70
04-24-2010, 08:22 PM
I'am watching the game on TV and the Thunder looks pretty tight right now.

mugofbeer
04-24-2010, 08:24 PM
It's waaaaaay early to feel comfortable at all. 40-24!!!!!

SOONER8693
04-24-2010, 10:31 PM
I believe it's safe to say, the party is on for tonight.

gen70
04-24-2010, 10:42 PM
I believe it's safe to say, the party is on for tonight. Party..is "ON".

Thunder
04-24-2010, 10:52 PM
I believe it's safe to say, the party is on for tonight.

Party..is "ON".

ON all night long! :LolLolLol

shane453
04-25-2010, 01:00 AM

Would love to see the photos! Disappointed I couldn't make it down on the playoff nights.

HOT ROD
04-25-2010, 08:09 AM
yes, photos please!!!

kevinpate
04-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Excluding the Beat LA chants and high 5's, how did the DT/BT crowd/atmosphere compare to other nights with multiple DT/BT events, i.e Redhawks, sold out whatever happening at Ford, another concert or show happening?

Dinna come to OKC, but it tickled me to hear even the BASS Pro parking was packed, and I hope that included the gross surface lot south of BP. Heavily strolled streets are nice.

lasomeday
04-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Yes, the Bass Pro parking lot south of the interstate was full too!

Here are a few pictures. Most of my pictures were from the Festival. All of downtown was packed! There were a lot of Laker fans walking around before the game. Not so many after the game!

EBAH
04-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Great night for the metro area in general. I was in Norman for the night and the new format of the Norman Music Fest was going on. All bars were packed, and lots of foot traffic around all over downtown. I ended up watching the Thunder game in Bisonwitches, which was crammed with people all screaming, "Beat LA" and "OKC" at the top of their lungs. Absolutely great atmosphere, between NMF, the Marathon, Thunder games, arts fest, etc.....great time to be living in OKC.

john60
04-25-2010, 11:57 AM
The walk back north out of the Ford Center was very cool last night. Immediately facing the exit was the giant banner on the Cox of the players; to the east was Bricktown (complete with huge Thunder flag flying); Arts Festival (though closed at that point) to the west; and to the north, First National lit with Thunder blue, "Let's Go Thunder" on Sandridge, and the illuminated Devon cranes. Just awesome all around.

jbrown84
04-25-2010, 08:44 PM
LOVE IT!

Lakers get drilled by the Thunder - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-thunder-20100425,0,1434859.story)

"Flash forward to Saturday, where the Lakers found themselves at the lowest point of their title-defending season, losing again to Oklahoma City amid a haze of blurry white jerseys and eardrum-splitting fans."

SkyWestOKC
04-25-2010, 08:53 PM
LOVE IT!

Lakers get drilled by the Thunder - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-thunder-20100425,0,1434859.story)

"Flash forward to Saturday, where the Lakers found themselves at the lowest point of their title-defending season, losing again to Oklahoma City amid a haze of blurry white jerseys and eardrum-splitting fans."

Read the comments:

wdweed at 11:01 PM April 24, 2010

Kobe and Gasol should have been taken out at the end of the first period. The game was so obviously fixed by the officials and the league that it was shameful. I am done with the NBA. It isn't even good entertainment anymore.

Uh huh, sure! LOL:LolLolLol

circled9
04-25-2010, 10:04 PM
If I remember right, the zebras were so accomodating to kobe that they reversed a traveling call after he started whining. While I do think it was a bad call, the simple fact that a call such as traveling (not subject to instant replay) could be reversed by a whining player does not indicate a pro-thunder official situation.

I do agree that officiating can be influenced by a home court/field crowd but that is with every sport in every venue. However, i have also seen cases when an official over-compensates if a crowd is too hostile. The thunder crowd really wasnt hostile--just loud.

mugofbeer
04-25-2010, 10:07 PM
I watched the game up here in Denver (where it's snowing by the way) and thought that call right before halftime was completely lame. But it was one call, superstars have gotten their way with officials for a long time, and the Thunder forgot about it and took care of business!