View Full Version : I need tix for tonight

metro
04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Anyone got reasonably priced tickets for tonight? If you're not going to make it, I'll pay face value, better that than letting them go to waste on our first playoff game. Unfortunately I know there will be wasted tickets. If anyone knows anyone selling honest face value tickets and not 10x scalper tix let me know.

stephy
04-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Why didn't you already have tickets?

Everyone I know who loves OKC and supports the Thunder bought tickets the second they went on sale.

metro
04-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Oh maybe because there is 1.3 million people in OKC and less than 18,300 tickets, not to mention people from outside of OKC and Oklahoma are trying to purchase them. Illegal Scalpers purchased in large batches, as do online ticket brokers to illegally scalp. I tried, but they sold out before my online transaction was completed. I was online on the website b4 they went on sale at 10am, hit checkout right at 10am, and it told me I had a 4 minute wait time. By the time I got my place in the virtual line, they were sold out. Probably the same reason tens of thousands of fans didn't get some either.

Matt
04-23-2010, 11:57 AM
So why would someone who went to the trouble of getting such a tough ticket decide not to go? And even then, why would they offer them up to some random internet person for face value?

SkyWestOKC
04-23-2010, 11:58 AM
It's not against the law to sell tickets. Stop calling us scalpers. It's illegal to sell above face on city property, that's all. Stand on private property (hotel, restaraunt, internet, etc.) and it is legal to sell for as much as you want. If someone wants to pay what the sellers ask for, why stop it? It's legal. Buy tickets from a seller. Ask the seller to walk up to the scanning machine to make sure they aren't blinks.

metro
04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
So why would someone who went to the trouble of getting such a tough ticket decide not to go? And even then, why would they offer them up to some random internet person for face value?

two words, hords of scalpers were rampant on craigslist and online ticket brokers. many of which are out of state. Do you honestly think that these ticket brokers out of state with 10-30 tickets were going to go to the game an hour before the game starts? heck, on OKC's craiglist page, there were several people in LA that bought tickets just to scalp and they were still available around an hour before gametime. Do you honestly think they'd rather keep them and take a loss rather than sell at face value a few minutes before gametime?

Geez, you people act as if you support ticket scalpers and ticket brokers who try to flip for several times over face value, more than a local fan trying to get some reasonably priced tickets.

metro
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
It's not against the law to sell tickets. Stop calling us scalpers. It's illegal to sell above face on city property, that's all. Stand on private property (hotel, restaraunt, internet, etc.) and it is legal to sell for as much as you want. If someone wants to pay what the sellers ask for, why stop it? It's legal. Buy tickets from a seller. Ask the seller to walk up to the scanning machine to make sure they aren't blinks.

Tomato tomatoe, either way people like this are trying to make a quick buck on someone else's misfortune of not getting in line quick enough. I don't feel sorry for you guys when you're stuck with tickets you didn't sell either because of greed. GREED is all scalping is. It's the playoffs, let as many people as possible get a fair chance.

stephy
04-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Tomato tomatoe, either way people like this are trying to make a quick buck on someone else's misfortune of not getting in line quick enough. I don't feel sorry for you guys when you're stuck with tickets you didn't sell either because of greed. GREED is all scalping is. It's the playoffs, let as many people as possible get a fair chance.

If you care so much, why didn't you buy season tickets? Then you would have had first shot at playoff tickets.

Why do you hate OKC, the Thunder and free enterprise so much?

Matt
04-23-2010, 01:54 PM
two words, hords of scalpers were rampant on craigslist and online ticket brokers. many of which are out of state. Do you honestly think that these ticket brokers out of state with 10-30 tickets were going to go to the game an hour before the game starts? heck, on OKC's craiglist page, there were several people in LA that bought tickets just to scalp and they were still available around an hour before gametime. Do you honestly think they'd rather keep them and take a loss rather than sell at face value a few minutes before gametime?

Do you honestly think that all those scalpers (many of them out of state), stuck with their dozens of tickets, are
hanging around OKC Talk, just waiting for some poor fan to simply ask for some tickets at face value only?

Geez, you people act as if you support ticket scalpers and ticket brokers who try to flip for several times over face value, more than a local fan trying to get some reasonably priced tickets.

Not at all. Scalping sucks, but it's the way it is. No use bitching about it.

Anyway, how did your post here at OKC Talk work out? Were you able to find someone here to sell you their very hard-to-come-by tickets at face value so you could go to the game?

SkyWestOKC
04-23-2010, 02:56 PM
I bought season tickets. I didn't cut in line in front of you.

SkyWestOKC
04-23-2010, 03:01 PM
On the "corner" moneytalks. I have compassion, but on the corner, you can't trust anyone, and you certainly can't have compassion because you'll get your butt kicked. Highest bidder wins. If you want to sit in the seats your wallet has to convince me to let you sit in them. That's how it works out there. Is it fair? Absolutely not? Is life fair? Absolutely not. There were 1,281,658 people in OKC that didn't get to be in the game last night. I paid $100 to get a pigeon seat to get my butt in.... Depends how bad you want to get in and how much you want to give to get in.

Nermel
04-27-2010, 11:22 AM
I think the City of Oklahoma City has more important things to do than bust people for scalping tickets. Sorry, but if I buy a ticket - it should be my right to sell it at any price that I damn well please. Besides, many people profited from "land scalping" in bricktown, right? I guess goto Smith Village, or Stockyards City to conduct the transaction where you are outside of Oklahoma City limits.

metro
04-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Apparently not, they arrested at least 4 scalpers and are investigating several more. There were also lots of fraud tickets being sold. It's one thing to scalp for a little more than face value, it's another thing when they are scalping $12 tickets for $200-$400.

Stockyards City outside OKC City limits? It is Oklahoma City proper.

Kerry
04-27-2010, 12:46 PM
I think the City of Oklahoma City has more important things to do than bust people for scalping tickets. Sorry, but if I buy a ticket - it should be my right to sell it at any price that I damn well please.

That is is where you would be wrong. Enforcing the law is one of the primary function of city government. When you buy a ticket you also buy the rules that come with the ticket. The ticket has no value, it is the event the ticket gets you into that has value. Your arguement kind of sounds like the logic music sharers use. They probably belive it right up to the time the judge lays down the $100,000 per song fine.

dmoor82
04-27-2010, 01:03 PM
If you care so much, why didn't you buy season tickets? Then you would have had first shot at playoff tickets.

Why do you hate OKC, the Thunder and free enterprise so much?

^^ Are you from Seattle?:LolLolLol

SkyWestOKC
04-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Be aware it is not the local sellers selling the junk. The only time there are problems is when Dallas, LA, Chicago, New York, and Cleveland are in town. The thugs from those cities come in here, draw attention to themselves, sell fakes and ruin it for the rest of us who are doing it honestly.

As far as those who were arrested, one was a local I know. He made a mistake but is one of the most honest guys I know, not just out there - but also away from the tickets. The other three, one was from Chicago, one was from LA, and one was from Dallas.

It's the out-of-town thugs you need to be worried about, not the locals.

warreng88
04-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Metro, this might make you feel better:

Ticket scalpers arrested - KFOR (http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-ticket-scaplers-arrested-story,0,5925260.story)

metro
04-27-2010, 02:40 PM
I know, that's why I posted above that at least 4 have been arrested for scalping and numerous other investigations are going on. Maybe we'll see some OKCTalk's finest arrested for it as well.

metro
04-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Be aware it is not the local sellers selling the junk. The only time there are problems is when Dallas, LA, Chicago, New York, and Cleveland are in town. The thugs from those cities come in here, draw attention to themselves, sell fakes and ruin it for the rest of us who are doing it honestly.

As far as those who were arrested, one was a local I know. He made a mistake but is one of the most honest guys I know, not just out there - but also away from the tickets. The other three, one was from Chicago, one was from LA, and one was from Dallas.

It's the out-of-town thugs you need to be worried about, not the locals.

You local thugs are honestly breaking the law, while the visiting thugs are breaking the law thuggishly. Oh ok, I got it now. :elmer3::LolLolLol

CuatrodeMayo
04-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm assuming you didn't get a ticket?

SkyWestOKC
04-27-2010, 03:34 PM
You want me arrested? It's not against the law to sell above face ONLINE and OFF city property. I am not breaking the law when I sell out there, because I only sell OFF city property, and on most games, I get my ass kicked and end up giving tickets away. Playoff games don't expect to get your tickets cheap. I got in for $200 Saturday night...guess where I sat? Row Q, section 3xx. That is the top row, next to the wall. Am I complaining? No, that is what I was willing to pay. The market chose that price.

SkyWestOKC
04-27-2010, 03:41 PM
I would also like to remind you that the Thunder even allows you to sell above face. For example, Thunder ticket exchange. Season ticket holders can sell above face, if it were against the law - do you think they would allow that? Of course not, it is not on city property. If I sell you tickets above face in a McDonald's that is LEGAL. But if I sell you the same tickets at the same price 5 feet away on the sidewalk, that is ILLEGAL.

I think it is a crappy law that inhibits the free market system from working. A ticket is only worth as much as the market will pay for it. Any higher than that and the ticket won't sell and the seller will come down until someone will buy it.

metro
04-28-2010, 09:41 AM
I'd rather the Thunder make the 1000% markups rather than you guys.

Richard at Remax
04-28-2010, 09:45 AM
I have season tickets and playoff tickets and I am even considering selling mine for 600+ a piece and watch it at home