View Full Version : Downtown Lifestyles Home Tour - May 8

metro
04-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I forgot to mention, and honestly shocked that there has been no publicity from DOKC on this yet. But the Downtown housing tour, formerly called the Downtown Living Tour, now dubed Downtown Lifestyles Home Tour featuring Urban Lifestyles tour is May 8th. The tour will have a new twist this year. They are going to feature a home tour of actual residents homes who live in various developments (some never before on the tour), this will be the "ticketed" portion, I'm not sure the charge but it will be minimal I'm sure. The other portion will be as usual and feature model units from many developments. I will post more information as I get it soon.

Steve
04-22-2010, 03:50 PM
story coming....

jbrown84
04-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Anything new on the list?

metro
04-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Well I know for sure that the "unnamed?" loft building next door (south) of Sage will be on the tour, Grant Humphreys and several others units in Block 42 will be on the tour. I've also been told of several other new places. I'll have to get back on that. I also assume MidTown Renaissance properties over on 12th and Francis will be added this year but I could be wrong.

CaseyCornett
04-23-2010, 10:28 AM
This is the first year that I will get to go this and I am super pumped. (yes, I said super.) I have been out of town on these days normally but am really looking forward to seeing all these properties.

MikeOKC
04-23-2010, 10:31 AM
This is the first year that I will get to go this and I am super pumped. (yes, I said super.) I have been out of town on these days normally but am really looking forward to seeing all these properties.

I'm like you, Casey. I've been gone for one reason or another but just might get to make it this year. Touring the actual residences this year will be a great thing, it makes it much more like traditional "home tours" in Nichols Hills, etc.

metro
04-23-2010, 01:07 PM
The chance to take in a view of life in Downtown Oklahoma City is once again available. Saturday, May 8, the Urban Lifestyles Downtown Living Tour will offer a glimpse into the homes of six Downtown residents and also feature properties available for sale and lease. The self-guided tour runs from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.

The ticketed portion of the tour will feature seven lifestyle stops which range from a family with young children to a retiree and everything in between. The residents will share their homes as well as their thoughts on Downtown living. Tickets will be $10 and can be purchased after April 15th at the Downtown OKC, Inc. offices, both the Skirvin and Bricktown locations of the Painted Door or any lifestyle stop the day of the tour.

The portion of the tour featuring properties for sale or lease will be free. These properties will include The Park Harvey, The Hill, Block 42, The Francis Residential Building and both 905 and 909 NW 12th. Free shuttle service will run a continuous loop of the tour locations until 4 p.m. Stops in Bricktown will allow for locations to shop and eat before rejoining the tour. Guests should allow 20 to 30 minutes for each stop they choose to visit.

Free parking will be provided at NW 10th & Robinson and Lower Bricktown lots. Downtown OKC offers over 20,000 lot and on street metered parking spaces for your convenience. Metered spots are free on weekends.

“We are excited to have the opportunity to feature residents and share how they live, work and play Downtown,” said Jane Jenkins, president of Downtown Oklahoma City, Inc. “Tour guests will have a chance to see how great living downtown can be. We hope they enjoy the available properties and can picture themselves joining the Downtown community.”

Urban Lifestyles Downtown Living Tour (http://www.downtownokc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=199)

betts
05-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Anybody go to this? I had something going on today and couldn't attend. I definitely saw a lot of cars and people walking around as I was leaving the neighborhood, but wondered how it went off, especially with the tours of actual people's homes.

Yamaguchigirl
05-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Metro: How did it go?

metro
05-10-2010, 07:41 AM
I didn't go or run the volunteers this year like I did in years past, had too much on my plate this year.