View Full Version : Where were you on 4/19/1995?

Pages : [1] 2

CaseyCornett
04-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I was in Ms. Mayer's 6th grade English class at Cooper Middle School. We didn't know what happened till principal made the announcement at lunch.

hipsterdoofus
04-19-2010, 09:40 AM
I was in a class in a portable building at Edmond Memorial when we heard the "thunder" - an office aid came in and handed a note to a girl awhile later that just said "your dad is okay" - she turned around and said "what does this mean?" and that is when we heard.

sroberts24
04-19-2010, 09:50 AM
I was in Mrs. Moore's 2nd grade class at Christian Heritage Academy in Del City and felt the building shake. Passed DT on the way home every day. Never will forget driving by that day

PennyQuilts
04-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I was on the phone arguing with an obnoxious attorney over by the health sciences center. I didn't hear a thing (nor did my co-workers) but my family across town thought the walls were going to come down the blast was so loud. One co-worker's husband worked at the federal court (which is where they said the bomb was, at first). My boss took her down there right after the blast and they came back with horrible stories (fortunately, her husband wasn't badly hurt - just some minor injuries from debris, probably from helping afterwards). My husband's secretary lost her husband. It was so beautiful, that morning. When the rains came in later and it got cold, I think all of our hearts were breaking for fear that people caught in the rubble would die as a result. There was just so much we didn't know, at the time. I went straight down to give blood - left work within five minutes. I was second in line and two hours later when I got out, all you could see were ambulances with no one to carry. It was like a war zone in the blood bank. My cousin was the first doctor on the scene. He could hardly speak of what he saw in the basement. What a horrific time. So many funerals in the days following.

FritterGirl
04-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I was a grad student at OU at the time, and was teaching ESL at the English Language Institute to foreign students. As the blastwave went north, we didn't hear or feel anything. It wasn't until someone got a phone call that we started to hear rumors about what was going on. At first, it was rumored to be a gas explosion, then the news started reporting it was a likely attack from a Middle East terrorist group. Several of our students were from Muslim countries, so we had interesting discussions about what was going on.

I will never forget the endless hours of coverage on CNN, NBC, ABC.

I will never forget the klieg stadium lights at night. They served at once as a beacon of hope, yet also a constant reminder of what was happening "there." Even days later, after rescue efforts had turned to recovery only, you "knew" what was happening at that place.

I will never forget our driving around for days with our headlights turned on - a silent and constant tribute to those we lost.

I will never forget that KJ103 played, in very frequent rotation, the song "Lightning Crashes" by Live, interspersed with actual news soundbites from the site.

I will never forget Connie Chung being ousted by CBS news after her demeaning behavior towards our city and citizens.

I will never forget my turn as a Red Cross volunteer, stationed in the Post Office on 5th and Harvey, serving overnights in the resting place for rescue teams as they came in from the site. I could hear snippets of what was found from their radios. Things I only heard about they were witnessing first hand. It was an honor to bring them what little comfort and kindness we could.

I remember stories of how people rushed in from across the country to help, and how rescue workers from different states were amazed and humbled by the kindness we bestowed. They had never been treated so well, and our efforts, from the large equipment provided, to the mints on their pillows in the cots lined up on the Myriad floor where they bunked, to even the services and food provided their animals, became known as the "Oklahoma Standard."

These and countless other memories are what I hold from that one day, and the many days that followed.

metro
04-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Here's some answers some of us posters gave 5 years ago if anyone's curious.

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/2782-where-were-you-april-19-1995-not-debate-thread-view-caution.html

sgray
04-19-2010, 10:06 AM
I was in my 8th grade home ec class at Summit Middle School. There was a rumble, but it wasn't taken too seriously till someone said they saw smoke from downtown and we all ran outside and saw the big, dark cloud rising over the middle of the city. Then we watched on TV the rest of the day. And the day after and the day after. My family helped out downtown.

OKC@heart
04-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I was living in England at the time, and I remember getting a phone call from the child of a friend of mine there locally, and she began by telling me that someone blew up my hometown. As the little girl was around 8 years old I asked her to repeat what she said, and she began to repeat and broke off in tears, and so I asked to speak with her father, and he let me know what had happened as the news was just emerging and was not very clear on details at that point.

It was a very helpless feeling to be so far away and to want nothing more than to be in Oklahoma City helping...somehow.

Upon my return from England back to OKC, I remember spending time at the site and the fence with all of the improvised memorials. And the feeling that as you walked around the site that although what transpired within the fence was evil and horrific, that we were walking on holy ground. There was a spirit of healing and peace that surrounded the site, as pointed and as heartbreaking the site of the images and realization of lives and families who were devastated in an instant; yet somehow there was still a sense of peace and comfort in knowing that all of us from the city and state felt and carried these feelings together, and were somehow connected. That connection and feeling remains today and will so long as we never forget and remember.

jdcf
04-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I was in my office near 10th and Classen. The thick, heavy walls shook back and forth, not up and down, but back and forth.

For some odd reason, my first thoughts were about the subway terrorist acts that had recently occurred in Japan. We went outside into the street and then saw the smoke billowing in the sky.

I had not a clue about the horror that had just unfolded.

OKCTalker
04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Ground zero.

ewoodard
04-19-2010, 10:36 AM
I was teaching science in a portable building at Monroney Jr. High. Felt the entire building shake and rumble. Sounded like it came from Tinker.

My wife's cousin lost her husband Steve Williams in the day care.

My father, a MWCFD Asst. Chief worked the rescue/recovery efforts.

okcpulse
04-19-2010, 10:36 AM
I was in the principal's office at Edmond Memorial high School during my sophomore year getting written up for skipping class. And, no, that is not a joke. He was printing my attendance report and scheduling Saturday school when the bomb went off. But in his office, it sounded like someone dropped something super-heavy on the roof of the high school.

Thunder
04-19-2010, 10:37 AM
I was in class early along with a few others at Townsend Elementary in Del City. The Teacher's Assistant that was in the class at the time dropped a load of papers as the windows shook. Over the next couple of minutes, the others started to come in and we waited for our teacher. I guess 30 minutes? She finally came in with a tv, there we all watched it. I was in the 3rd or 4th grade (too tired to figure it out).

Mom's sister and her hubby planned to be in that building on that day when something came up. They were saved from such potential tragedy.

Mom's friend and her hubby was in the area when they drove passed the truck in motion.

LordGerald
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM
On I-35 south, late for work at my job at the OU Law School. Walked in and saw students milling around the TV. Thought it was a gasline explosion. When the smoke cleared and I saw the front of the building, my heart dropped because my girlfriend worked on the third floor. Raced up to my office and instinctively called her at home, and sure enough, she had called in sick that day.

I lived in Mesta Park at 18th and Shartel. When I got home around 5 p.m., my patio door facing the south balcony had blown in, had a crack in my window, and all the ceiling tiles in my kitchen had blown off from the aftershock.

rcjunkie
04-19-2010, 10:53 AM
I was in a Staff Meeting at City Hall, we ran outside and could see and feel the dust and small debris floating in the air, there was an eerie silence, then what sounded like 1000's of sirens from emergency vehicles. A day etched in my memory for ever.

possumfritter
04-19-2010, 11:08 AM
I was at work in Sumter, SC. We heard the news on the radio. Then we all huddled in the break room to watch the live news reports. It really didn't hit home for me until I saw the picture of the Fireman holding little Baylee in his arms.

MikeOKC
04-19-2010, 11:19 AM
In Northwest OKC, and I FELT the earth shake.

I'm learning how old everyone is in this thread. I had no idea so many of you are so young! What an impact that must have had on many of you still in grade school. Confusing for us all, but as a child it must have really taken the innocence away (at least for awhile) to see this happen in your hometown.

Just a horrible, horrible day.

MrZ
04-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I was stationed at Eglin AFB in Florida and was working on top of an F-15 when our line supervisor came speeding up and jumped out and told me to come in and watch the TV because OKC had just been nuked. Since most of my family lived here that came as quite a shock and I nearly passed out. I got inside and saw the footage of the bombing and realized it wasn't actually a nuclear explosion, but still knew it was something horrible.

NikonNurse
04-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Called in for disaster at 0905. At Presby by 0930. I was an ER Nurse at Presby receiving first wave of patients (Brandon and Felisha were 2 of my patients), around 1015-1100. After first wave, subsided, many of us ended up at Ground Zero. I ultimately ended up in the basement on the team that was present when Dr. Sullivan amputated Dahna Bradley's leg to rescue her. Saw several more that I wished I could have rescued.

Kerry
04-19-2010, 11:55 AM
We lived in Tampa, FL but I was in southern Arkansas doing field research. We had just moved to a new apartment the weekend before so the calendar on my desk at work read as follows: Saturday - get Ryder truck. Sunday - leave for Arkansas.

Dustin
04-19-2010, 11:59 AM
I was in day care. When it when off, the teachers told my mom that the ground shook and there was a loud bang but we kids just kept on playing like nothing happened. I dont remember anything.

Spartan
04-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I was far away in Houston, in the 2nd or 3rd grade and I remember being in the school nurse's office trying to get out of school as usual and got to see the whole unfolding of events on the TV in her office. TVs were kind of a rare thing in schools back then so I just lucked out.

The loudspeaker called me to the office and the secretary had a message from my mom that all of our relatives were okay--which as a little kid hadn't even crossed my mind. I remember lunch that day there was this little Iranian girl in my class crying because she thought she would be blamed for it. In hindsight it's interesting how much more she knew about the world at that time than I did.

Spartan
04-19-2010, 12:01 PM
We lived in Tampa, FL but I was in southern Arkansas doing field research. We had just moved to a new apartment the weekend before so the calendar on my desk at work read as follows: Saturday - get Ryder truck. Sunday - leave for Arkansas.

I wouldn't tell anyone else that story. Lol

Kerry
04-19-2010, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't tell anyone else that story. Lol

I actually worked for a Defense Contractor. When I got back to the office my calendar was gone. It didn't help that I was 6'2'', medium build, with a blonde crew-cut -and everyone knew I was from Oklahoma.

Mikemarsh51
04-19-2010, 12:14 PM
There.

corpsman
04-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I was getting ready for my shift at Ma Bell when there was a dull, but powerful explosive sound followed by my house shaking. I went outside to check it out, saw the rising plume of smoke and called a neighbor. Her husband worked at the OG&E offices downtown and he called to tell her something had exploded. I turned on the TV and saw the helicopter transmissions. Went to work and saw images of a policeman slumped over his vehicle sobbing. A co-worker made a remark about it and I could only think about how young the officer was and that so very few in this country knew the destructive power and the devastation caused by a bomb. I remember listening to Carol Arnold broadcasting from the scene on KTOK when the first of the babies' bodies was carried out " Oh my God, no! The babies, the babies." She couldn't say anything for a while. Her humanity overrode her professionalism for a moment, but she did pick up her reporting again as soon as she regained her composure. All the vehicles on all the roads with their lights on, the cold, the rain, President Clinton, finding out that no family were physically hurt, but that a friend and a baby we went to church with were among the dead. Listening to snippets of the news coverage and the memorial service at the fairgrounds because there was work to do.......... Finally being able to let go of the pain and unshed tears at the hole in the ground on Memorial Day, thanking God we weren't in Britain or Ireland, Israel or Palestine, the former Yugoslavia, where these kinds of atrocities were an almost daily occurrence.....These are a few of my recollections

Midtowner
04-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Bishop McGuinness HS, was supposed to be in band.

theparkman81
04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
I was leaving 3rd hour 8th grade class at Allen Schools, when one of my friends came up to me and said that a bomb went off at the federal building in OKC, I didn't believe it at first, until I got to 4th hour class and we were watching it on TV, It was a very sad day for oklahomans.

gen70
04-19-2010, 01:02 PM
I was at home in Bartow Fl. and trying to get ahold of my family in OKC.

bombermwc
04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Jr. High Science Class....folks on the other side of the school said they could feel it. I couldn't from my side. A teacher from across the hall runs into our class and turns on the TV and we see what happened. Most teachers left their tv's on through morning classes, but by the afternoon were trying to distract us.

Ginkasa
04-19-2010, 01:59 PM
In first grade at Apple Creek Elementary. I don't know if I heard or felt anything (or if I would have been able to). I do remember seeing a lot more news than I ever had before and very vividly my view when my family and I went downtown to pay our respects.

okcmomentum
04-19-2010, 02:06 PM
4th floor of the Midfirst building just west of I-44 and I-235. We heard a loud bang and the building shook. I'll never forget the guy in the cube across from me looking over and asking if that was a shotgun blast. We went to the south side of the floor and you could see the smoke billowing from downtown. Scary day for sure. Will never forget.

dmoor82
04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
I was in class, in Westfall Elementary in Choctaw/NP,in 6th grade,and felt it! that far out!!!!!

Steve
04-19-2010, 03:13 PM
NW 5 and Robinson. I never want to be in a place like that again.

bigjkt405
04-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Classen SAS in AP Chemistry... I remember joking that the terrorists had blown something up... only to look out the window and see the cloud in downtown... Our building had shook really bad, then they herded all the students who had family at the courthouse (which they originally said at the school) to the cafeteria, to use the one phone to call their family.

Architect2010
04-19-2010, 04:47 PM
I was out in the backyard being a toddler with my mom who was hanging clothes. We lived at Classen and NW 10th. Of course I don't remember it, but my mom said she felt it really profoundly and that it was extremely loud to the point that it terrified me.

mugofbeer
04-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I was working in Dallas and saw it on the financial news wires as "explosion hits federal building in downtown Oklahoma City." My mom was in St. Anthony's with a heart bypass so I called her and she told me that it happened as she was being wheelchaired by a physical therapy room. She heard it and saw huge plate glass window panels wave like water on a lake, that a huge therapist fell on top of a patient when the glass above him cracked. They went to the window and saw the immediate aftermath and just stood there in awe. She said the building wasn't on fire but apparently the cars in front were. Then, within seconds they called a code for "expect a major catastrophe" over the loud speaker so she was wheeled very quickly back to her room.

poe
04-19-2010, 05:37 PM
I was in 8th grade algebra class in Fort Smith. I remember our teacher (who was from Oklahoma) had the radio on. One of my friends' dad was actually on his way to the building when the bomb went off. Rather than attending his Social Security meeting, he had to identify colleagues that had perished, some of whom, he hired.

ssandedoc
04-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Earlywine Elementary School in SW OKC in 4th grade taking a test. I was ten years old and will never forget. Today, I have the privilege of working for the Memorial, and have been for the past 3 years.

I will never forget.

OSUMom
04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
I was about 4 or 5 blocks away. It took us a while to figure out that it wasn't us, our building that something happened to. We were thinking an air conditioner on the roof blew up, a truck hit us.... then finally someone looked out a window. Turned out my window had the best view of the building, but I was out of my office at the time and didn't go back for a while. I remember watching out that window, watching all the ambulances and fire trucks going toward the federal building, until they sent us home. And for days after that I watched hearses go by.

I remember the medical examiner at the time was a rock. Until the day he announced a tree being planted in front of their building and I think they were going to tie ribbons on it everytime someone was identified. When he, who had been such a rock, got emotional, wow that got me going all over again.

fromdust
04-19-2010, 07:12 PM
seventh grade government class or history. dont remember,same teacher, tho. they say the rafters in the gym shook. a few minutes later a teacher wheeled in a tv and we just watched in awe.

okcsince1987
04-19-2010, 08:26 PM
2nd grade at Wilson Elementary in OKC. Felt it faintly and shortly after parents started coming to get their kids from school. I'll never forget it. My friend lost his mother which was also my moms friend. RIP Judy Fisher.....

bluedogok
04-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Britton & Broadway, third floor on the north window. We thought one of the news choppers had crashed or something since it felt like it was so close. Someone was listening to KTOK and we knew rather quickly something had happened, they had an employee who was driving somewhat close to there when it happened and he called in. My roommate worked for EMSA, he had just come off his 12 hour shift at 8:00am, I called him and he had already been paged to head downtown.

bkm645
04-19-2010, 08:54 PM
I was in 1st grade at 27th and Santa Fe in Moore. I did not feel anything that I can remember. No one would tell me what was going on all day, but I knew something was wrong. All the teachers had radios up to their ears listening to the news and would not play with the kids. They were trying to hide the info from me since my mom worked downtown and they did not know if she was hurt. They finally called us into the gym at 2:30ish and told us what happened. My heart dropped because I thought about my mom. But, then before I had a chance to start crying my mother walked into the gym to tell me she was fine. I think they were waiting on her to show up to tell my class.

But, my mom would have been walking by the federal courthouse at that time if I had not delayed her that morning. She probably would have survived but probably would have been hurt from falling glass.

Okiezmom
04-19-2010, 09:05 PM
I was working at the Alan Couch Juvenile Center in Norman. My boss called and he was frantic because his girlfriend worked at the Federal Courthouse. The first reports were that it was the building that was involved and he was going downtown to try to find her. I turned on the TV in his office to see what had happened and couldnt believe that was in Oklahoma City. It was completely surreal. I was glued to the television along with the rest of the staff and the kids. It was several hours before we heard from him. He had found her and she was okay; however, being in law enforcement, they had lost several friends. I've been to the memorial once when a friend was visiting from England. I haven't been able to go back.

so1rfan
04-19-2010, 09:12 PM
I was going to the Office Depot at Reno and Air Depot when I thought someone ran into the back of my truck. I looked in the review mirror and didn't see anything. I got out and looked at my truck and couldn't figure out what happened. When I walked out of Office Depot I saw the pillar of smoke downtown. Rick and Brad were on the radio talking about an explosion downtown.

I immediately thought about the boiler room explosion at an elementary school years before and drove straight to Carls' Jr because I had to eat something before I could donate blood. I made it to the Oklahoma Blood Institute and was the 10th person in line.

The phones were ringing off the hook and the girls working there couldn't get anyone processed. So while I was standing there waiting, I just started answering the phone for them. Three other people did the same. One of the girls showed us how to enter people into the system and soon all of the clerical duties were being handled by volunteers so the staff could draw blood. I stayed there until 9pm. I never saw any of the TV coverage that day.

I went back about a week later and finally got to donate that pint of blood.

Spartan
04-19-2010, 09:20 PM

Wow, you were in the Journal Record Bldg?

ljbab728
04-19-2010, 10:17 PM
I was in my office at Rockwell and NW Expwy talking on the phone. I thought there had been a car wreck outside until someone came into my office and told me to turn on the television.

OKCisOK4me
04-19-2010, 11:55 PM
I was 100% Okie before that school year when I had moved to Missouri to live with my mom who had moved there the year before...

We,our sophomore high school class, had not learned of it until just after lunch & even then AND up there, we just watched the coverage the rest of the day. When I got home, I had no clue what of my family or friends who might have been affected so I tried to call but to no avail as "all circuits are busy". It was three or four days at least before I was able to get through. I heard so many stories of that day: my friend at Edmond North was in a science class and a beaker rolled off a table, fell to the floor and broke. My stepmom's shop at 63rd & Western had the back door blow open with a rush of wind. My Dad's office at NW Expressway & May, he said it felt like a deep rumble of thunder--the kind that shakes your windows and walls. Another friend, his dad was near the site on a call, his windshield on his truck imploded. All unreal. The craziest to me was that my older sister's ex boyfriend from HS, his dad was in the building when it happened & he actually crawled out on a fire fighter laddar from one of the higher floors.

I was not here in state but I felt, 425 miles away, as if I were as equally affected by it as all my friends & family here.

EBAH
04-20-2010, 06:11 AM
I was in class @ Monroney Jr. High in MWC, I was in 9th grade. I remember making light of it as well, until finding out what had actually happened (and being yelled at by a teacher).

decepticobra
04-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Lackland AFB, Communications Technician School. Instructor popped into the classroom asking if anyone was from Oklahoma City? I first I thought I was in trouble since I was the only pupil from there. Then he announced that the Federal Building had been taken out. Prior to that fatal day, I always thought the Murrah Building wasnt a federal building at all, but some sort of downtown community college because of those lampposts, stone benches, and various shrubs located along the southern end of the building. The federal building I thought had been bombed was the one located just a block south were they conduct naturalizations for immigrants.

decepticobra
04-20-2010, 06:55 AM

wow! what did that feel like being so close to the blast?

decepticobra
04-20-2010, 06:57 AM
I will never forget Connie Chung being ousted by CBS news after her demeaning behavior towards our city and citizens.

its been 15 yrs, refresh my memory, what exactly did she do? what did she say? do you have a video link, perhaps?

decepticobra
04-20-2010, 07:02 AM
I was in class @ Monroney Jr. High in MWC, I was in 9th grade. I remember making light of it as well, until finding out what had actually happened (and being yelled at by a teacher).

really? which teacher? I went there too a few years before you. Im curious to know if it was Mr. Hall, Mrs. Kaestner, or Mrs. Corder?

bombermwc
04-20-2010, 07:23 AM
I was at jarman....small world to you monroney folks.

ewoodard
04-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Must apologize, it was Scott Williams that was in the day care center.

Cobra, I don't think Hall and Kaestner were there then, at least I don't remember them. I was in my 2nd year of teaching science in portable 2 west of the gym. Mrs Corder was the principle then.

OSUMom
04-20-2010, 08:08 AM
its been 15 yrs, refresh my memory, what exactly did she do? what did she say? do you have a video link, perhaps?

She was totally condescending and arrogant, and that was on air. I've heard even worse things were said when the cameras weren't rolling. But the main thing on air was during an interview with Jon Hanson where she implied our local guys were not up to the job. I think he just looked at her for a moment in disbelief (everyone up until then had been supportive and praising of the effort) and then went on to tell her exactly how well they were handling it. Wench. I remember the "Who the hell is Connie Chung?" t-shirts.

All the other stories I heard about all the other big news people were good. They were supportive and nice. But she was a total snot. Or so the stories go...... :kicking:

bille
04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
I was at Tinker AFB. We had just stepped outside to take a break from class when we heard the news. Our instructor looked at me (the only one from OK) and said 'if you want to get to your family you better leave now, the base will be shut down VERY soon, if it isn't already'. He was right. I left immediately and the gates allowing cars on base were already shut, I was the last car out the Air Depot gate before it was closed. I'll never forget the endless news stories, etc. Nor the "lightening crasses"...that song must have been played thousands and thousands of times over the next several months.

About 6 months ago I was taking a class at the US Postal Training Center in Norman. On one of the last days of our class one of the guards came in and told us his story. At the time of the bombing he was stationed in the Federal Building (as a mail carrier) and he gave as a very precise and haunting description of his typical route within the building, where/when he was at each place within the building, where he was at when the bomb went off and how he would have been dead if he were running on schedule that day, how long it took him and his postal coworker to regain consciousness and get out of the building and lastly, all the people he visited with and/or were friends with that he lost in the bombing. I had so many questions I wanted to ask but I was speechless. The instructors allow him to tell his story to their classes as he sees fit. It's part of his "counseling" he says. Even now some 15 years later you could see in his eyes how he relives that day everytime he talks about it. I can't even imagine...

NikonNurse
04-20-2010, 03:24 PM

She made a reference about our podunk city not being able to handle such an event.

Here's several different versions of the comments pulled via google:
" The people of Oklahoma have pulled together like never before. Connie Chung was here broadcasting and really upset the people of Oklahoma. She asked the fire marshall, "Can you people in Oklahoma handle something this big and disastrous?" as if we lived in a different era. Then she crashed the media line and tried to get up closer than the rest of the media. She was immediately escorted back and even threatened to be arrested after she resisted. T-shirts were made up with "Who the hell is Connie Chung?" written on the front and something I can't put in print on the back. The shirts are selling fast and all proceeds are going to the disaster relief fund. We noticed the next day Connie was gone and Dan Rather was in her place. "

Oklahoma City bombing interview
A few months later, in the wake of the April 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, Chung asked an Oklahoma City Fire Department spokesman, “Can the Oklahoma City Fire Department handle this?” Many viewers, particularly those in Oklahoma City, felt the question was insensitive to the situation. Thousands of viewers in Oklahoma and elsewhere called and wrote letters of protest over the tone of the questions. Moreover, co-anchor Dan Rather was irate that Chung was sent from New York to the assignment while he was already in nearby Texas. Consequently, after public outcry, and Rather's complaints, Chung was laid off as co-anchor of the CBS Evening News and was offered a demotion to weekend anchor or morning anchor.

decepticobra
04-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Must apologize, it was Scott Williams that was in the day care center.

Cobra, I don't think Hall and Kaestner were there then, at least I don't remember them. I was in my 2nd year of teaching science in portable 2 west of the gym. Mrs Corder was the principle then.

yeah, she was a big & mean lady, always punishing sternly for the lightest of offenses. guess thats how she earned the name amongst students of being called "Corder-pounder"

Mr. Hall wasnt a teacher, per se, but I think he was the vice principal. A stern man, kinda reminded me of Strickland from Back to the Future. He was definitely the "Hall"-police, hence his surname. He caught me running late to class and issued me whatever they issued back in those days. I cant remember, been too long.

Kaestner was a young white lady, brunette, taught Spanish.