View Full Version : and How was your Sunday? This guy didn't end up having a good day.

SoonerQueen
04-18-2010, 08:43 PM
04/18/2010 early morning pursuit ends with arrest.

(Oklahoma City) Sunday (04/18/2010) just before 2:00am an Oklahoma County Sheriff's deputy attempted to conduct a routine traffic stop after a vehicle he was behind hit a guard-rail at S.E. 44th & I-35. When the deputy turned on his lights and sirens the suspect driving the vehicle drove off at a high rate of speed.

The pursuit ended nearly 10 minutes later when the suspect pulled over near I-35 & N.E. 10th street. Once out of the vehicle the suspect, Elias Ortiz (d.o.b. 07/07/1965), resisted arrest. The deputies were eventually able to get control of Ortiz and arrested him.

While being booked into the Oklahoma County Detention Center detention officers found a small bag of methamphetamine on Ortiz. Ortiz was booked on complaints of:

*DUI
*Eluding police
*Resisting arrest
*Assault and battery on an officer
*Possession of contraband inside a penal institution

Spartan
04-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Was this you?

skyrick
04-18-2010, 09:48 PM
04/18/2010 early morning pursuit ends with arrest.

(Oklahoma City) Sunday (04/18/2010) just before 2:00am an Oklahoma County Sheriff's deputy attempted to conduct a routine traffic stop after a vehicle he was behind hit a guard-rail at S.E. 44th & I-35. When the deputy turned on his lights and sirens the suspect driving the vehicle drove off at a high rate of speed.

The pursuit ended nearly 10 minutes later when the suspect pulled over near I-35 & N.E. 10th street. Once out of the vehicle the suspect, Elias Ortiz (d.o.b. 07/07/1965), resisted arrest. The deputies were eventually able to get control of Ortiz and arrested him.

While being booked into the Oklahoma County Detention Center detention officers found a small bag of methamphetamine on Ortiz. Ortiz was booked on complaints of:

*DUI
*Eluding police
*Resisting arrest
*Assault and battery on an officer
*Possession of contraband inside a penal institution

The last charge is a chickens**t charge. Should be simple possession.

ljbab728
04-18-2010, 10:58 PM

Maybe so, but what does this have to do with development and civic issues? I'm thinking this needs to be in a different area.

John
04-19-2010, 01:53 AM

Agreed. Unless it was during an, ahem, cavity search... :poke:

SoonerQueen
04-19-2010, 02:22 AM
Was this you?
If it was me, I certainly wouldn't be putting it on this message board.

andy157
04-19-2010, 03:23 AM
If it was me, I certainly wouldn't be putting it on this message board.What did Mr. Ortiz do to piss you off?

Wambo36
04-19-2010, 08:46 AM

I have to disagree. They make it a point to ask them several times "Do you have anything else on you, that I need to know about, because if we find it in the jail it'll be a higher charge". Once your being arrested, and it's for sure you're going to booking, it's in your best interest to come clean. Not saying I agree with it but it is what it is.

mmonroe
04-19-2010, 10:27 AM
It's just like having to have a tax stamp for marijuana. If you're caught distributing or in possession and you have don't have a tax stamp on your drugs, you get an extra charge for not having the tax stamp, but if you have the tax stamp, you don't get the charge.

Read this, it's funny: "The fact that dealing marijuana and controlled substances is illegal does not exempt it from taxation" Kansas Department of Revenue - Personal Tax Types - Drug Tax Stamp (http://www.ksrevenue.org/perstaxtypesdrug.htm)

oneforone
04-19-2010, 08:20 PM
What a person is arrested for and what they are actually charged for are usually two diffrent things.

The reason why police stack charges is because the prosecutor will usually drop some of the charges and focus on the ones that land a conviction.

Most prosecutors usually focus on three things. Will the offense land a convicition, is it worth the cost of prosecuition, is the person a danger to society.

SoonerQueen
04-20-2010, 02:36 AM
What did Mr. Ortiz do to piss you off?
I don't even know the man.

ronronnie1
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
It's just like having to have a tax stamp for marijuana. If you're caught distributing or in possession and you have don't have a tax stamp on your drugs, you get an extra charge for not having the tax stamp, but if you have the tax stamp, you don't get the charge.

Read this, it's funny: "The fact that dealing marijuana and controlled substances is illegal does not exempt it from taxation" Kansas Department of Revenue - Personal Tax Types - Drug Tax Stamp (http://www.ksrevenue.org/perstaxtypesdrug.htm)

And the IRS allows drug dealers to deduct cost of goods sold for the cost the dealer initially paid for the drugs. Sillyness, but it does make sense in a warped sort of way.