View Full Version : SOLD OUT in 25 mins!!!

okclee
04-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Playoff tickets for Thunder vs. Lakers sold out in 25 minutes this morning.

THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER (http://www.nba.com/thunder/)

metro
04-16-2010, 02:38 PM
I know, I was irked that the general admission $12 tix were sold out in 4 mins.

BigBadBen
04-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I got 4 @$12 for Saturdays game, then splurged a little for the 2 for Thursday.

John
04-16-2010, 08:25 PM
I know, I was irked that the general admission $12 tix were sold out in 4 mins.

That's not really surprising, is it?

HOT ROD
04-20-2010, 01:05 AM
i think it is a little surprising given the conspiracy theories everyone has about OKC's market size compared to other major cities and the fact that OKC hasn't yet had a playoff series and this team is only in it's 2nd year in the city.

But other than that, no Im not surprised. Im not surprised that OKC is supporting the team. Im not surprised that OKC has sports fans that show up. Im not surprised that OKC's market has done very well despite being in the bottom 5 largest.

Other small market sports crazy cities have done well, so I would expect OKC to do well or even better, actually - given the crazy fans in the city and the new major league status and KD!!! I bet there will be people visiting the city from KS, MO, AR, and even Dallas and Austin/San Antonio - just to see Kobe and Kevin Durant.

Remember people, the NBA is more than just LOCAL fans - many fans travel or fans from other markets come when they have a matchup or key player(s) they want to see. .....

And since the tickets could be bought online, no - Im not surprised at all of the sellouts. ...

I think Clay's smartest move (besides moving the franchise to OKC) was getting Kevin Durant and the nucleus of this team and coaching staff. I know he will not get it, but he should be owner of the year - because these moves have sparked renewed interest in the NBA and added a permanent market and catchment area.

Im sure enough people in the Seattle area still follow, however reluctantly.

Go Thunder!