View Full Version : Old Town Lofts

Richard at Remax
04-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I drove by these today and noticed that they are finishing up four new lofts. The other four have been sitting there for years it seems. Does anyone have any update on these? IMO I think these are in a dreadful location and don't know why somone would want to live here.

Champion Homes (http://championhomesok.com/communitydetail.php?CommunityID=3)

LeethalDose
04-16-2010, 12:17 PM
don't know why somone would want to live here.

Those having more money than sense with a BrickTown envy and enochlophobia?

metro
04-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Why can't they build something like this downtown, the price per sq/ft is much more affordable.

John
04-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Would be a nice addition on some of the empty lots in the MidTown area...

Richard at Remax
04-17-2010, 03:02 PM
I agree. Right idea. Wrong location.

hipsterdoofus
04-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Yep had a friend that liked the type of living space but the people who build them obviously had no idea of the neighborhood.

Spartan
04-17-2010, 09:42 PM
It is Edmond...is there are "right" location for this type of thing anywhere in Edmond?

hipsterdoofus
04-18-2010, 02:16 PM
It is Edmond...is there are "right" location for this type of thing anywhere in Edmond?

What is that supposed to mean? I think there are lots of locations that would have been better for this. Probably something closer to UCO for instance.

CuatrodeMayo
04-18-2010, 02:24 PM

Around Stephenson Park would be ideal.

Talk about a completely clueless homebuilder...wow.

MikeOKC
04-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Would be a nice addition on some of the empty lots in the MidTown area...

Very true, John. I couldn't agree with you more.

jdcf
04-19-2010, 11:39 AM
We looked at them when they were first built, and they were very appealing to us albeit the location is not very desirable.

Yes, wish this kind of development could be placed in an area of OKC or Edmond that is more walkable. Midtown or along Western Ave or Stephenson Park area or UCO are great suggestions.

Are these places for purchase or for lease?

pearlbluevtx
04-21-2010, 09:44 AM
There's the same (or very similar) development in East Norman with same builder involved. Not as large a development from what I can tell but finished out. I don't think the Fretz/2nd St location is great either and I'm critical of some pieces of the design but for me, it's in the right direction of what I LIKE. Still, location ... maybe kids going to UCO renting makes sense or if parents can buy them for their kids but that's expensive imho.