View Full Version : What Is Cox Cable Up To This Time?

possumfritter
04-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Last week, we got a notice from the apartment manager that all Direct TV and Dish Network satellites must be removed from the property.

Today, Cox Cable (OKC) was on the premises identifying all the satellites on the property and writing down the apartment numbers of where the lines were run.

Anyone else live on a Case and Associates property where this is happening?

bluedogok
04-13-2010, 10:02 PM
I think the FCC has regs stating that you are allowed to have satellite dishes as long as they are installed in a "safe manner". Evidently Case has negotiated an exclusive deal with Cox.

Here is the FCC document: FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas (http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html)

stick47
04-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Why would anyone sign a 2 year satellite contract when it was prohibited by their lease? If it wasn't prohibited in the lease then they should take a stand against Case.

rcjunkie
04-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Good for Case Properties, I've noticed a few apartments that are covered with Dish networks satelites, they are very unatractive, make the entire complex look trashy.

possumfritter
04-14-2010, 12:04 PM
rcjunkie...nothing makes a Case Property (the low end ones) look more trashy than no outside facilities maintenance and no landscaping, except for inside the main pool areas, where there has been lots of investment.

I tend to agree with you on the satellite dishes though. I was just curious why COX was suddenly so interested in all this.

Also, I did check the Lease and the FCC Regs (above). Lease states the dishes are allowed...provided they are placed on patios and/or balconies. Tammaron Village has neither.

So, why didn't Case do anything before now? Some of these dishes have been in place (ground) since 2004.

It will be interesting to see what the 20 or so tenants are going to do in June?

oneforone
04-14-2010, 01:27 PM
When you live on someone else's property you have to play their rules.

I lived at the Warrington (which is a Case Property) for five years and they strictly enforced this and other policies. My guess is that your property manager was lax on enforcement of policies and got in trouble after it was noticed by corporate or you have a new manager who is now enforcing the rules.

You can always go with AT&T or move when your lease is up.

OKCisOK4me
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Where I live, half the units are owned by one company and then the others are owned by individuals. But there is a Home Owner's Association and it specifically states "no satellite dishes" cause they do look trashy. It's either Cox or AT&T U-Verse or OTA.

bluedogok
04-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Where I live, half the units are owned by one company and then the others are owned by individuals. But there is a Home Owner's Association and it specifically states "no satellite dishes" cause they do look trashy. It's either Cox or AT&T U-Verse or OTA.
Which is specifically against the FCC regulation that I posted above. They can write all sorts of crap into HOA agreements but that doesn't mean what they are writing is legal. They have no legal leg to stand on and if challenged they will lose, it has happened all over the country.

stick47
04-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Got a notice that Cox internet will no longer offer Usenet rewsgroups. Yes, most of those groups are so heavily spam laden now that it's hard to read them but I've followed the posts in the Rheumatoid Arthritis group for several years and will miss it when it goes away. I'll have to look into some of the web based Usenet readers I guess. Nowhere near as convenient. Too bad Cox doesn't feel we need this service.