View Full Version : Banchetto's?

bluepickle
04-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Has anyone tried the new italian place in the strip center @ 4th & Eastern (sorry, Toby Keith)?

MonkeesFan
04-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Has anyone tried the new italian place in the strip center @ 4th & Eastern (sorry, Toby Keith)?

I have, terrible food and terrible customer service! I won't be going back

cdbthunder
04-13-2010, 05:17 PM
I have, terrible food and terrible customer service! I won't be going back

Man we must not have gone to the same place because their pizza was excellent and the service was great. They have pizza burgers which are all of the ingredients of a regular burger folded into a light dough then baked to a golden brown.

MsDarkstar
04-19-2010, 02:18 PM
I tried Banchetto's out on Saturday night & I'm very much on the fence about them. I will give them another try because I can see that they have potential but right now I'd give them a 6/10 rating.

I ordered Tortellini Alfredo, & had a choice of shrimp, crab or chicken to go on it. I tried the crab at the suggestion of an employee and wow, big mistake. They use the imitation crab meat so the meat is in a chunk that is texturally like bad tofu. Smushy and gross. I think their alfredo sauce would've been good otherwise but the faux crab chunks made it difficult to tell for sure. My other complaint is that I ordered tortellini which according to the menu is "egg and cheese pasta rounds" but came home with fettucini noodles.

The pasta comes with a salad. The only thing I can really say about this salad is that it was very white. White lettuce, white shredded cheese, tiny stale/flavorless croutons, 2 paper thin slices of pepperoni & a half of a slice of tomato. Now, I'm not expecting a side salad to be super fancy or anything but this this salad made me think either put a little effort into it or don't bother with a salad at all.

I got an order of cinnamon crisps which is a large tortilla cut into wedges, covered in butter, sugar & cinnamon & baked. I think these would be great there in the restaurant but once they've been locked in a styrefoam container for to-go, they were pretty tough. Good flavor though.

A few other observations:

Does this place really want to be an Italian restaurant? This is the first Italian place I've seen that has burrito's on the menu.

I know this is nitpicky but it really irritates me to see glaring spelling errors on a menu. Dessert is what you eat, NOT desert.

Is a pizza burger just another name for calzone?

I know this is a family restaurant but that doesn't mean it's a daycare or a family reunion. There were family members there with very young children (2yrs or younger) & they were letting the kids run screaming all over the restaurant. There were quite a few other regular customers trying to eat & were giving the kids the evil eye. What I found very off putting was when I was trying to place my order, the woman taking it had to stop me in order to pick up a kid that was being passed to her over the counter.

I've attached a menu for anyone interested.

kevinpate
04-19-2010, 03:12 PM
If a dish was pitched to me by staff, and my brain described the pushed selection as
bad tofu. Smushy and gross,
I don't think I'd be sitting on the fence in my feelings.

I'm compelled to conclude you simply must be a nicer person than me.