View Full Version : Thunder VS Lakers in first round

MonkeesFan
04-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Good luck, Thunder, you will need it!!!

OKCisOK4me
04-12-2010, 11:48 PM
And you'll need Nikelodien to watch the Monkees (ok, well, at least in the 80's)...

Dustin
04-13-2010, 01:44 AM
we whooped em before, we can do it again!

Kerry
04-13-2010, 05:53 AM
Lakers have lost 6 of their last 10 games - the worst last 10 games of any playoff team (even including the Eastern Conference). If I had to pick any team to play in the first round the Lakers would be it.

circled9
04-13-2010, 08:22 AM
same matchup we wudda had if we would have let our guys rest after clinching a spot in the playoffs. at least nenad has rested but it has been obvious the last two nights how tired the rest of them are.

you cant really judge the lakers ability on their last few games as they have been going through the motion. however, after living in Los Angeles for 20 years and watching the Lakers in the LA Sports Arena and the Forum, unless things changed when they moved to the Staples Center, they dont have a huge home court advantage. Our fans need to fill the Ford Center and be loud.

BigBadBen
04-13-2010, 08:39 AM
It's a tall task for the Thunder to beat the Lakers out of the first round. It could happen, but unfortunately, not likely.

I sure hope they do it, but if not, I want to see the Thunder stand toe to toe with them.

If they don't advance, I want to see them at least win a couple and not let LA get any cheap wins.

Regardless, the playoff experience will be crucial for this teams success in the future.

Thunder Up!

Brandon Rush
04-13-2010, 09:37 AM
As long as we win 1 game, I will be pleased as punch...

earlywinegareth
04-13-2010, 09:43 AM
The fact this team even made the playoffs blows me away...then there's KD winning the scoring title - unfreakinbelievable.

NONE of this was expected!

:woowoo:

dmoor82
04-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Lakers in 6!<---it hurt's me to say that! but For The Thunder to even make The playoffs is amazing after last years 23 wins and in The last year in Seattle they were at 20 wins! so the Thunder more than doubled the past 2 previous season wins totals! that is amazing!!!!! and then theres KD winning The scoring title! just an over all AMAZING season for The Thunder and OKC!

Laramie
04-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Good Luck

Oklahoma City Thunder!

mkrace
04-13-2010, 06:36 PM
As long as they don't advance by winning the deciding game in our building, I'll be cool with it.

Kerry
04-14-2010, 06:27 AM
As long as they don't advance by winning the deciding game in our building, I'll be cool with it.

By "they" I assume you mean the Lakers. Becasue the Thunder winning the series at home would be awesome.

dmoor82
04-18-2010, 04:24 PM
anyone see The row of people behind The Thunder bench wearing The Green Seattle Supersonics shirt's?lol

MikeOKC
04-18-2010, 04:42 PM
anyone see The row of people behind The Thunder bench wearing The Green Seattle Supersonics shirt's?lol

Hey, you KNOW that was a Phil Jackson mind game. $100 says that's what it was. Just like him to make sure that happened.

JerzeeGrlinOKC
04-18-2010, 04:54 PM
While a frustrating loss, I was still impressed by the Thunder for sticking with the game and coming out strong in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Westbrook was on FIRE! I have to say though, Artest did a damn good job defending KD.

A little frustrated by the overt ass-kissing by the ESPN announcers to the Lakers, but that was to be expected when you have a "Yankees" sort of team in the mix (doesn't help to have a hyped up Hollywood fan base). Not many good things were said about the Thunder, I think they could have been a little more praising for the good plays.

Let's come out with a stronger 1st quarter for game 2 and give them a run for their money. BEAT LA!!!!

MikeOKC
04-18-2010, 05:03 PM
While a frustrating loss, I was still impressed by the Thunder for sticking with the game and coming out strong in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Westbrook was on FIRE! I have to say though, Artest did a damn good job defending KD.

A little frustrated by the overt ass-kissing by the ESPN announcers to the Lakers, but that was to be expected when you have a "Yankees" sort of team in the mix (doesn't help to have a hyped up Hollywood fan base). Not many good things were said about the Thunder, I think they could have been a little more praising for the good plays.

Let's come out with a stronger 1st quarter for game 2 and give them a run for their money. BEAT LA!!!!

I agree. It wasn't a horrible road loss in the playoffs. Have to do better than 2 out of 16 from 3-point range. Lakers were 8/22 - a bit better than the league average. It doesn't seem like a big difference until you add it up and do the math. Lakers had 6 more 3-point attempts than we did and the conversion in points was an 18 point spread. There's the ball game.

Kerry
04-19-2010, 06:26 AM
I agree. It wasn't a horrible road loss in the playoffs. Have to do better than 2 out of 16 from 3-point range. Lakers were 8/22 - a bit better than the league average. It doesn't seem like a big difference until you add it up and do the math. Lakers had 6 more 3-point attempts than we did and the conversion in points was an 18 point spread. There's the ball game.

I hate the three point shot - you only get 1 extra point (not 3 points) and the percentage of making it goes way down (thus off-setting the 1 point gain). If the Thunder are going to win this series (or even a single game) they are going to have to drive the ball down the lane EVERY time. We saw how this will work in the last half of game 1.

Once Westbrook started driving the point came easy and we went from 17 down to 6 down (then the Thunder went to the outside shooting again). Plus the Lakers started collecting a lot of fouls. If the Thunder had been doing that the whole game half the Lakers would have fouled out.

I really wish at least one coach would watch the game on TV while it was happening because you see things from TV that you miss from the bench (which is why they watch film during the days off). Every time the Thunder chucked up a long shot without anyone under the basket for a rebound I cringed. Watch the Lakers - they never took a shot unless at least one Laker was in position for a rebound.

TaoMaas
04-19-2010, 08:51 AM
I thought we did okay for it being our first playoff game...against the defending champions...on their home court. lol If you consider that we let them jump out to a 10-4 lead right off the bat, we essentially played the Lakers pretty even from there on out. And this was NOT the best that the Thunder are capable of. Not by a long shot.

Kerry
04-19-2010, 09:08 AM
I thought we did okay for it being our first playoff game...against the defending champions...on their home court. lol If you consider that we let them jump out to a 10-4 lead right off the bat, we essentially played the Lakers pretty even from there on out. And this was NOT the best that the Thunder are capable of. Not by a long shot.

That is the only thing that gives me hope. We were down by 17 in the first half and out played them the rest of the way. We just need to drive the ball down the lane for layups and fouls and then dish to the wings for easy jumpers and rebounders under the basket. How many shots did the Thunder take and not a single Thunder player with in 10 feet of the basket? Answer - a lot, and when you only shot 30% you need rebounders in position.

metro
04-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Agreed. I don't get NBA players, especially our team, rarely do you see them in the paint attempting to get a rebound.

Kerry
04-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Agreed. I don't get NBA players, especially our team, rarely do you see them in the paint attempting to get a rebound.

You haven't lately because they have become jump shot happy. Shooting from the outside is fine but you do it by pushing everything into the lane and then kicking it out for easy jumper - and if you miss you have three Thunder players in the lane for offensive rebounds or tip-ins. Now they just all stand 18 feet from the basket waiting for a pass.

I don't know if the Lakers are better than they played in game 1 but I know OKC is better.

Here is my in-game prediction: If OKCs first 2 shots (make or miss) come from more than 18 feet from the basket without driving the lane first - they lose.

circled9
04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
As long as the Lakers go with their two seven footers, the thunder starters have to be in order of position on the floor westbrook, durant, jeff, nenad and mullens. Somebody has to neutralize bynum even if he does little scoring. Yeah, ET could do the same thing but Mullens is taller and younger. He should have learned enough in Tulsa to play this role against a team with two bigs. That was the difference yesterday.

Kerry
04-19-2010, 01:41 PM
As long as the Lakers go with their two seven footers, the thunder starters have to be in order of position on the floor westbrook, durant, jeff, nenad and mullens. Somebody has to neutralize bynum even if he does little scoring. Yeah, ET could do the same thing but Mullens is taller and younger. He should have learned enough in Tulsa to play this role against a team with two bigs. That was the difference yesterday.

The best way to neutralize LAs two big guys is to get them in foul trouble and let them watch the game from the bench. Just keep driving to the basket.