View Full Version : School Gives Girl An 'F' For Refusing To Write Essay on How She Would Sell Her Soul T

possumfritter
04-12-2010, 11:32 AM
YouTube - School Gives Girl An 'F' For Refusing To Write Essay on How She Would Sell Her Soul To The Devil (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLpRCmdC5q4)

fuzzytoad
04-12-2010, 11:38 AM
She was given an alternate assignment.. No story here

OKBound
04-12-2010, 11:42 AM
To me the more appropriate essay assignment should have been Would You and if not, Why Not. This teacher should have been disciplined and that principal should apologize.

skyrick
04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Anton Newcombe, the semi-psychotic leader of The Brian Jonestown Massacre (a band) had a great quote on the back of their CD "Thank God For Mental Illness":

Q: anton, did you sell your soul?

A: well, i tried to, but the line was so long i said "f**k it!"

PennyQuilts
04-12-2010, 07:23 PM
I can't believe the school gave that assignment. She is a young girl and the school needs to consider that the kids come from all kinds of different backgrounds. This was guaranteed to upset some families and I don't blame them. The underlying premise is that she would sell her soul (even if fictional) and that is crossing lines no child should be asked to cross. This isn't even a close call. The fact that she was given an alternative assignment is certainly better than not but anyone who would give that assignment to kids this age has a big-time judgment problem.

decepticobra
04-13-2010, 07:16 AM
america is going to hell in a handbasket. this story doesnt phase me.

Matt
04-13-2010, 07:54 AM
america is going to hell in a handbasket. this story doesnt phase me.

America isn't going to hell in a handbasket. It's just a faze.