View Full Version : Favorite Airline

mranderson
02-21-2005, 01:56 PM
What is your favorite airline? And why?

Personally, although I will support America West to the coast, I prefer United.

Why. I like the staff, the range of aircraft (737 to 777), the fact I can listen to air traffic control while in the air, and more.

Plus, I have ha no real complaints with them. I even had a great experience at Dulles when I had my drivers license stolen. Had it not been for the ticket agent, I would have not been able to board the flight. She used some connections and personally placed me on the flight.

You can not beat that for service.

Midtowner
02-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Delta -- mainly because I tend to fly with some friends of mine that are extreme frequent fliers (million mile/year plus). That means I get to hang out in the "Crown Room" in most airports. For those of you who have never been there, imagine a place with internet access, satellite TV, and a wet bar -- all compliments of the house :D

OUman
04-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Lufthansa. Spotlessly clean aircraft, great service, good food, very efficient. Same goes for Southwest.
Second place for me goes to Delta.

OUman

ibda12u
04-22-2005, 10:01 AM
southwest , there's just something hypnotic about that giant colored plane. Did I mention cheap? Most of the time when I get in an airplane I am not so much worried about comfort or good food, etc.. I just wanna go to sleep as quickly as possible so I don't have to be awake in case I die in some freak accident. (no offense to anyone) So yeah, definatly southwest for cheapness, easiest to goto sleep in thanks to the hypnotic paint job.

Patrick
04-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Lufthansa. Spotlessly clean aircraft, great service, good food, very efficient. Same goes for Southwest.
Second place for me goes to Delta.

OUman

Amen about Lufthansa...I flew them to Frankfurt, Germany several years ago. They're your typical German company...perfectionists at heart!

Leon
04-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Flying about twice a month, I prefer American Airlines. Once you rack up a few miles, you get some bennies, and I think they still have more leg room even though they've stopped advertising it.

HOT ROD
04-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I prefer United.

They have the best network (internally and via Star Alliance) and have a decent presence in every major city. Here in Seattle, they are number 2 but dont even have a hub here (just a gateway to Tokyo and London and Vancouver).

I almost always fly United. I love their planes, esp the 777 of my company, Boeing. They were our launch customer for 777! I also love the way they tried (but failed) to become the airline that benefits employees. United offered the highest wages in the industry and the best benefits - which is something that haunts them today in that their cost of doing business is astronomical. But atleast they tried!

Patrick
04-26-2005, 02:23 PM
I actually fly whoever is usually cheapest. We're going to Hawaii on our honeymoon and we're flying American but that's only because we got good rates.

BTW, I looked at my E-ticket and noticed that it says Food for Purchase on all of the flights. Are airlines not providing meals any longer?

mranderson
04-26-2005, 02:47 PM
I use to pay extra just to get an airline that served a meal. I don't think they do anymore. I know for the most part, United and America West do not. And of course, we all should know the menu at Southwest.

I now choose the airline partly for fare, but I start with United who is usually the lowest. This time, it just happened to be I caught a 198.00 fare to Sacramento on America West. United was the winner until that point.

mrote
04-26-2005, 02:54 PM
For most flights I prefer United when flying out of OKC but to the West Coast, we just drive to Dallas and take an Alaska Airlines flight to LA. I thought America West offered non-stops to LA from OKC but I don't see anything for the flights I am booking for the week of Jun 24. Anyway, Alaska Air at this time from DFW to LAX is over $100 cheaper than anything from OKC to LAX and that is non-stop compared to 1-stop from OKC. Buying 4 tickets, the savings add up pretty fast even with gas to Dallas and a motel for a night.

Underling
04-26-2005, 07:19 PM
I prefer Delta, but when I'm in a pinch, I can always get cheap tickets from American, but that normally means a prop service to DFW...unless I can get a connection in Chicago...so I tend to pay extra and stick with Delta.

Curt
04-26-2005, 08:00 PM
I go with whoever gives me the best deal at the time, but United has been my favorite in the past.

chrisok
04-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Flying out of OKC, I prefer Northwest. The RJ-85 is by far the most comfortable regional jet I've flown It's one of the few regional jets that have a first class and if I can't get 1st class the coach seats have an almost 20 inch seat width. I'm 6'5" and 280 lbs. so comfort is my number one priority. I also like Continental. I'll fly the 737's but can't stand their small planes. I flew one from OKC to Newark (and back) once...man that was brutal. When flying west, it's United. I was really disappointed to see that America West is flying the regional jets to OKC. Hopefully traffic will be high enough to warrant at least one Airbus flight a day.