View Full Version : Thunder at Jazz 4/6/10

Dustin
04-06-2010, 10:05 PM
WHAAATTTTTTT!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! How do you not call that OBVIOUS foul?!?!? Did the officials go blind for a split sec? AHHHH THAT MAKES ME MAD!....... That dumb, OBVIOUS foul aside, it was the best Thunder game I have ever seen in my life!!

Dustin
04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Ohh ya, and Kevin Durant for MVP!!

king183
04-06-2010, 10:38 PM
My blood pressure went through the roof. I started celebrating, thinking there was NO WAY they missed that call. Sure enough they did. Ridiculous.

Northsider
04-06-2010, 11:13 PM
str8 blown call, and after meeting and being around kevin this is the the first time i saw durant loose (his) cool on anything yet along officials.

If u look at how he was actin after the call, and he had every right to do so.
I know he might had said "that was a foul." but reading lips it looks like he said "what the f**k is that." but what he did tonight was the best game the thunder have played. Forget the blowouts and the easy wins this was it. we will be trouble for any team in the playoffs.

Northsider
04-06-2010, 11:22 PM
just heard kevin durant post-game comments on the call "it is what it is moving on " very classy but I know he was hot about the call.

TaoMaas
04-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Durant has the right attitude. That was a SERIOUSLY bad no-call at the end of last night's game, but no amount of complaining is going to change it. Come on...let's be honest. As bad as this call was, there have been plenty of times when KD got the benefit of the doubt and got sent to the line. My opinion is, if we're not willing to give back all those points we earned through "iffy" calls that went our way, then we don't have a right to b*tch about the call last night. As KD said, "It is what it is." I just hope that the guys use last night to convince themselves that what they REALLY need to do is not put themselves in a position where one bad call costs them a game. Leave no doubt!

Kerry
04-07-2010, 06:05 AM
I only caught the last few minutes of over-time, but what happened to defense? You score 139 points AND LOSE!

earlywinegareth
04-07-2010, 08:12 AM
No worries...I hope we face the Jazz in the playoffs if this is the best they can do on their home court. Revenge will be sweeet.

TaoMaas
04-07-2010, 08:29 AM
I only caught the last few minutes of over-time, but what happened to defense? You score 139 points AND LOSE!

I'm beginning to think that altitude affects our guys more than we might think. They just seemed a step slow last night, the same way they did against Denver when we played them on their home court.

Northsider
04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
No thats not what happen. As a defender you keep them dribbling as soon as derron williams picked up the ball to shoot they should have fouled him so hard ,the shot never left his hands. James Harden missed a clutch free throw also everyone does but he's one of the best on the team

looking back at the game we have to remember 1 of kevin durants moves is to wait till you reach in and swoop your arm into his wrist or arm as he elevates thus drawing the contact. What makes his version different than others that try it is he normally still gets the shot off and makes it. I think the refs were warned of this. Thats why they blew the call. If you saw the game ,to go into overtime he almost hit a mid court disperation three. the ball he shot at the end did not even make it to the bucket. So, as a ref are u saying thats a block. Because thats all you can say it was if you did not call the foul. If that guy did not get credit for a block at the end on durant's shot then its really BS.

But thats ok I have a feeling were going at least to the Western Conference finals

Kerry
04-07-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm beginning to think that altitude affects our guys more than we might think. They just seemed a step slow last night, the same way they did against Denver when we played them on their home court.

The altitude didn't stop them from scoring 139 points. Is that a record for the most scored by a losing team?

circled9
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
At least it was simply a blown call. That happens in any sporting event.
What upsets me is when the zebras have an obvious bias such as the Oregon-Sooner or Texas-Tech games a few years back.

I also believe that the female ref who did a lot of the Thunder games last year had a bias against OKC.

Of course everyone is going to see an event through the shade of glasses which is on their team's jersey.

dmoor82
04-07-2010, 04:41 PM
The NBA has offered an official statement about The Thunder-jazz game! They said The refs did not call a CLEAR foul on The jazz ! Well thats nice to hear,but it doesnt help!

Dustin
04-07-2010, 05:01 PM
In case any of you missed it.. Overtime Thriller - NBA Videos and Highlights (http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/04/07/20100407_durant_3.nba/)

Thunder
04-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Watched the video. The ref was right there, his eyes had clear view. Yes, the ref saw the foul and decided that he wanted the Jazz to win.